Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    The big problem is that those who were faster in progressing quickly saw that Legion's end-game content quickly decends into time-gated reputation farming and a dull AP-grind. Meanwhile, casual players who aren't that far yet are awed by all the shiny stuff during the leveling experience and scoff when people tell them that Legion has a problem.
    I'll give it another week or two, when most casuals hit the Nightfallen grind and the lvl18+ AP-hole after you maxed out pre-Arcway/CoS Suramar quest-lines. Once people look at their trait-costs, see that they have no quests left to give them big AP-items, they'll ask "How am I going to get those tens of thousands of AP to finish the next level?" and the game will answer "See those Warden Towers? I hope you like grinding. Don't worry, just wait 5 days and you can get it 25% faster! Well, of course the relative AP-cost is increasing exponentially... so if you only play for 10 minutes a day artifact knowledge should be able to keep up. Have fun!"
    Problem is with people that complain and play like fucking blob nerds that serve nothing the society. AP and reputation are a skyline for the entire expansion, don't expect to be full in this before the end of it ! Once you have the first part before raiding done (which includes BiS mythics slots), you can wait for the raids doing dailies here and there to up your AP and order resources a bit but that's all before patches. We're at a stage where players play more than content is developed and this is a shame for people whose the job is thousand times harder and where intelligence requirements are far ahead of most of those jobless people conforting themselves in their life. You don't pay to get content, you pay to borrow server maintained slots.

They should respect developers or do something of their life that could equal it. Or they stay where they are, which means "I'm a nerd and I know it so I don't complain like bitch".
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2016-09-12 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    So then you got very lucky with your gear.

I'm 842 with Suramaer mythic unlocking today, and half of my gear was looted by guild mates who do not have use for haste/mastery gear and had alreday ilvl 840+ in that slot. As a side node: I did almost all available mythic dungeons until now (missing only one per weak), all 830+ item world quests I could do, and my gear is still horrible (many wrong stats, still two blues, one static-stat trinket from world quests, only one 840 relic).
    Regardless, this isn't gating. Just because you're 5-10 ilvl below somebody doesn't mean you're gated out of anything. You will achieve 850 item extremely easy with raid finder + normal raids. I'm just wondering where all of these "gated" comments are coming from, this is what people have been asking for since TBC.

Deleted
    I love it so far and i am one of those Super-Nostalgic Vanilla players... its kinda grindy in ways (artifact, dailys, rep) and that grindy feel is something i have not felt in a while.

im at the point where im outgearing mythics tho so im awaiting the next challenge to come.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Problem is with people that complain and play like fucking blob nerds that serve nothing the society. AP and reputation are a skyline for the entire expansion, don't expect to be full in this before the end of it ! Once you have the first part before raiding done (which includes BiS mythics slots), you can wait for the raids doing dailies here and there to up your AP and order resources a bit but that's all before patches. We're at a stage where players play more than content is developed and this is a shame for people whose the job is thousand times harder and where intelligence requirements are far ahead of most of those jobless people conforting themselves in their life. You don't pay to get content, you pay to borrow server maintained slots.

They should respect developers or do something of their life that could equal it. Or they stay where they are, which means "I'm a nerd and I know it so I don't complain like bitch".
    Funny that you say that, considering I'm a software developer for medical IT services. The problem was never that content is limited, everyone at the spearhead of progression knows that, but that content was artificially gated. People are prevented from progressing their artifact/order hall/Suramar solely to create a time-sink. The progression of artifact-knowledge is another huge grind. Even someone playing casually will easily out-pace the rate of AK-gain vs. AP-cost, meaning in the end everyone has to grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I guess ure missing some sleep, I'd say. How do u work full time, social and sleep? Yet manage to play through all that in 10 days? U gotta play about 10h/day to get that all done. With work, friends and sleep this is impossible. What is the catch?
    Really no, I'll screenshot my time played on my Rogue when I get home from work. I just know what I want to do and how to achieve it when I'm online. I have a girlfriend and have spent multiple evenings doing social things, we have polished off season 4 of Vikings and we're 3 episodes into Supernatural. I've put an average of 1-2 hours before work and roughly anywhere from 2-4 hours on the evening if I can fit it in before bed. Weekends so far I've put in 2 10 hour days, maybe a drunk hour or two as well

But ya, I'm not no-lifing in the slightest. Getting Revered is easy af, considering I missed my first 2 Training Scenario's due to the loading screen freezing then loading back into Suramar.. Just do the main story, do your daily quests there when you can and hand in the daily quests to feed your base up. Getting a high ilvl is dependent on luck of course, but you can fill out any tough to get items with upgraded BOE's if needed as they're becoming cheap af now more people are crafting etc.

All in all just know what you want when you log on, if you have limited time and you want to achieve something specific just do a bit of research.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Really no, I'll screenshot my time played on my Rogue when I get home from work. I just know what I want to do and how to achieve it when I'm online. I have a girlfriend and have spent multiple evenings doing social things, we have polished off season 4 of Vikings and we're 3 episodes into Supernatural. I've put an average of 1-2 hours before work and roughly anywhere from 2-4 hours on the evening if I can fit it in before bed. Weekends so far I've put in 2 10 hour days, maybe a drunk hour or two as well

But ya, I'm not no-lifing in the slightest. Getting Revered is easy af, considering I missed my first 2 Training Scenario's due to the loading screen freezing then loading back into Suramar.. Just do the main story, do your daily quests there when you can and hand in the daily quests to feed your base up. Getting a high ilvl is dependent on luck of course, but you can fill out any tough to get items with upgraded BOE's if needed as they're becoming cheap af now more people are crafting etc.

All in all just know what you want when you log on, if you have limited time and you want to achieve something specific just do a bit of research.
    This => " I've put an average of 1-2 hours before work and roughly anywhere from 2-4 hours on the evening if I can fit it in before bed. Weekends so far I've put in 2 10 hour days, maybe a drunk hour or two as well "

You realize this is HUGE and almost impossible to do for majority ? (At least you don't complain that's okay. I have no problem with huge playtime, I myself took 3 days of vacations to have a good start as long as you realize it's not what majority do and that you can't expect much more content after that).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    This => " I've put an average of 1-2 hours before work and roughly anywhere from 2-4 hours on the evening if I can fit it in before bed. Weekends so far I've put in 2 10 hour days, maybe a drunk hour or two as well "

You realize this is HUGE and almost impossible to do for majority ? (At least you don't complain that's okay. I have no problem with huge playtime, I myself took 3 days of vacations to have a good start as long as you realize it's not what majority do and that you can't expect much more content after that).
    Sure, not everybody can play for large amounts of time. But these requirements of "gating" out the Mythic 5 mans are hardly too much to ask. There's no requirement on item level that isn't easily achievable with minimal hours put in either. I mean you can hit 835-840ilvl playing SUPER casually by the time raid finder is released. Which is specifically designed to help players in the situation of not having much time to play to get into raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    Funny that you say that, considering I'm a software developer for medical IT services. The problem was never that content is limited, everyone at the spearhead of progression knows that, but that content was artificially gated. People are prevented from progressing their artifact/order hall/Suramar solely to create a time-sink. The progression of artifact-knowledge is another huge grind. Even someone playing casually will easily out-pace the rate of AK-gain vs. AP-cost, meaning in the end everyone has to grind.
    Well, I consider myself having a huge playtime only during the start of Legion for the sole purpose not to get late after I get back to my work as Solution Architect and social times and I'm just arriving to this famous point where I have to grind AP / Reput / Opti gear for raid but mind you that they arrive soon and so, since I consider I was involved more than majority it's pretty "well" balanced for now. Wait & See.

I just hate complaints and lack of maturity / consciousness from peple saying "I don't play that much, just 30hours a week" > This is huge and realizing that while no complaining is a must.
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2016-09-12 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Should be easy for you with all that gear since there is no lock out on Mythics.

Ah I see, you are just a casual.
    My bad!
    You had me until here, clearly you're proclaiming to be something you're not as Mythics DO have a weekly lockout. I assume you've heard some youtuber talking about infinite Mythic+ which is (kind of) a thing. But as those are not out yet the only repeatable dungeons for gear are Random Heroics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Hah, keep the insults coming...

Erm, you literally described dailies? So, what content would you like? Please do enlighten us.

So, you did everything in terms of one-time quests, ALL mythics, ALL of Suramar? Sorry but that is called having no life, unlike what you claimed before. Burning yourself out is your own fault, not the game's (especially if you can't wait 8/9 DAYS for the raid bosses to come up).

Well, since you're certain it's gonna be WoD 2, why do you want to possibly play in the future? Full of contradictions.

I'm sorry they closed Nostalrius - but I, and most people, don't care.
    I didn't complete all the mythics just because I have no time and I already saw the heroic version. I completed all the suramar quests until I was gated by reputation...how is this not having life? I literally played max 3 hours daily except when leveling.

And I already said I was going to freeze my account anyway, or maybe play the auction house. I'm for sure not repeating the same quests everyday like a drone since I already hate it and we are barely 2 weeks into the expansion.

And why would I care about nostalrius? I don't care about it since I have no time anymore to dedicate my life to a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    These aren't "bullshit hidden things" (maybe except the pet battle thing, it's a minigame some people do and some don't). Dungeons, WQ, pathfinder achi, casual pvp for honor - this is the core of the game since more than a decade.
    More than a decade? Most of them were added later. And by the way I think wow itself sucks as the mmo gerne is dead, it was good back then when it was good and playing online in a persistent world was a novelty.
    Now it's just a grind with other people you don't care about.

Good for you if you still like an outdated genre, I'd rather play it as a coop game for some weeks and then be done with it until the next xpac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    I didn't complete all the mythics just because I have no time and I already saw the heroic version. I completed all the suramar quests until I was gated by reputation...how is this not having life? I literally played max 3 hours daily except when leveling.

And I already said I was going to freeze my account anyway, or maybe play the auction house. I'm for sure not repeating the same quests everyday like a drone since I already hate it and we are barely 2 weeks into the expansion.

And why would I care about nostalrius? I don't care about it since I have no time anymore to dedicate my life to a game.
    Didn't you say in your first post that you did all Mythics etc (are fully geared and whatnot)? You keep changing what you've said before - once you did everything and don't have anything to do now, then you didn't do everything but don't want to do it and then you want to do it but don't have the time to. So, what is it?

Well, cool - I asked you what you'd consider content, which apparently you don't know. The game is no longer for you.

I'll consider believing that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    What exactly were you doing for 30-40 hours a week, for two years of TBC?
    Sitting in a city talking in guild chat, duh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Didn't you say in your first post that you did all Mythics etc (are fully geared and whatnot)? You keep changing what you've said before - once you did everything and don't have anything to do now, then you didn't do everything but don't want to do it and then you want to do it but don't have the time to. So, what is it?

Well, cool - I asked you what you'd consider content, which apparently you don't know. The game is no longer for you.

I'll consider believing that
    You should probably learn how to read since I never said I completed every mythic dungeons. I said I completed every dungeon and I miss some mythic but I don't care since they are easy.
    And yes, I'm almost fully geared since I did world quests/upgraded my garrison items but, considering I'm not going to raid, I'd rather not just farm to ivl 850.

And as I said, content for me is new things, by the time I did it once it's no longer content for me. Repeating the same thing just because it's classed "world quests" instead of "daily copy-pasted from the standard quest" isn't content to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    You should probably learn how to read since I never said I completed every mythic dungeons. I said I completed every dungeon and I miss some mythic but I don't care since they are easy.
    And yes, I'm almost fully geared since I did world quests/upgraded my garrison items but, considering I'm not going to raid, I'd rather not just farm to ivl 850.

And as I said, content for me is new things, by the time I did it once it's no longer content for me. Repeating the same thing just because it's classed "world quests" instead of "daily copy-pasted from the standard quest" isn't content to me.
    Then how exactly did you survive all the way from Vanilla (or whenever you started) to WoD? Wow has always been about doing the same things again and again - be it raids, quests, dungeons etc.

As I said, Wow is simply not for you anymore - go play a game you like and stop whining. It's not the game - it's you.

I've seen people burned out by consuming too much content and people frustrated by gated content but not too many people who haven't had "enough" to do. Most people who say "I don't have anything to do" usually end up saying "oh yeah I forgot about that" and forgot about some rep, some questline...

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare people voice their dislikes and concerns?! Just who do these people think they are? The customers?

At a certain point you realize that the people complaining are pure entertainment due to how delusional they are without realizing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people are complaining about a lack of content already they seriously have no lives. Even after completing all zones but Suramar I am still a little overwhelmed with all the quests and shit to do so I have no idea how people would think there is not enough content. Hell, I'm still finding quests that I've missed.

I think these people are the ones who say there isn't enough content because they don't want to do the other things. All they do is get to max level as fast as possible and then start queuing for gear. To them, WoW offers nothing else.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post

That sounds like ure really enjoying it. Thats how ure supposed to play this game and ull never get bored actually.
    I got a smiliar situation with part-time work and part-time studies and full-time wife with baby on it's way
    I love to get online after a hard day of whatever and enjoy a few hours of WoW. However I hardly get more than 15-20/h a week. So I sure won't run out of fun stuff to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That's a pretty weak reason not to buy the expansion.

Don't like PVP? Don't play on a PVP server and don't do the PVP World Quests. If you need to go to the Underbelly, hire a guard. Problem Solved.
    PVP is only an issue if you choose for it to be.
    Guards dont last long and some pvp world quests overlap pve ones and you end up flagged anyway not to mention you have to keep an eye on that buff because with no timer the dude could bugger off at any time.

I am still annoyed they have not added something to premade to identify or even have an option to not scan pvp realms.