Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    And how much time has passed since broken shore and the start of legion? how many opportunities have there been to inform there (reluctant) allies of what happened? How many 'neutral' factions/characters could have communicated what actually happened?
    To be fair, I put it down to lazy storytelling. Still, both sides know by now what happened and why. Although even actual people that -have- seen both sides still insist on calling it 'abandoning'. You will always be able to spin a story so it fits your worldviews, real or not.

Sound good, but anyone but thrall tbh. Even though it's sucks to have -another- new warchief, I'm kinda done with 'green jezus'. :P
    I love Thrall, I don't really understand where this 'Green Jesus' term comes from. There are plenty of people in the World that are stronger if not just as strong as him and yet people don't complain about them.

But Thrall is obviously just a choice. If we take at who they have at hand, Thrall would be the strongest leader. So unless the develop the other leaders, it's gotta be Thrall or it wouldn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    No Idea if a Banshee can become a Val'kyr

and who would you have to take up the mantle of the new Forsaken Leader?
    I believe the undead can become Val'kyr. You see back in Wrath one of the Vykrul bosses gets killed as a human, raised as an undead, then still is trying to prove his worth to reach Valhalla or whatever. If I remember that correctly. [Same is true of King Ymiron who is undead this expansion, right?]

This is a cool theory, and something that could work that Sylvanas is granted Val'kyr status. I think it's more likely that Helia will reward/curse Sylvanas into being a dark Helheim Val'kyr (whatever those are called) because it fits her character better. But she wouldn't need to give up leadership of the Forsaken. If she did, Nathanos Blightcaller would assume command. Not sure who would lead the entire Horde though.

Sylvanas won't die.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Except that never happens the alliance lost theramore and south shore what cities or zones have the horde lost again? None.
    We had a whole raid tier the siege of orgimaar and orgimaar didn't have a scratch on it. Stormwind was burning since death wing attacked 6 years ago till it was finally fixed this expansion.
    A statue of who was given to the players subbed since vanliia? Oh right thrall which is a copy of the statue outside blizz headquarters.
    How will you as a horde fanboy explain this all sways now?
    That is right alliance whining Nevermind it is all facts.
    I'll stoop to your level for a moment.

Lost: Taurajo, Thousand Needles (specifically, Freewind Post). Thrall (since, hey, for Ally whiners neutral = taken away, so we can also play that game). Cairne. Vol'Jin. Fucking Nazgrim was made a raid boss, comes back as a neutral. Hellscream was built up and then made a raid boss. Horde has played second fiddle through all of WoD (look at garrison design if you don't think this is true). Horde lore was shat on under the pretense of loltimetravel. And so on, this is just from the top of my head.

It doesn't matter though. I see all these losses as part of the story, as long as there's some interesting consequence to it, I welcome it (like Sylvanas losing to that worgen dog in Stormheim - it was a good scene, I liked it). Alliance whiners just use all of this to fuel their ongoing persecution complex.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-09-12 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    Leader to one half of the worlds army isn't key?

the leaders of the world army are both new and inexperienced. if Sylvanas falls before the war is over it'll send the Horde into a free fall with the leaders scrambling for the War-chief title the last thing Azeroth needs is a fight within the Factions
    No, she isn't key.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I'll stoop to your level for a moment.

Lost: Taurajo, Thousand Needles (specifically, Freewind Post). Thrall (since, hey, for Ally whiners neutral = taken away, so we can also play that game). Cairne. Vol'Jin. Fucking Nazgrim was made a raid boss, comes back as a neutral. Hellscream was built up and then made a raid boss. Horde has played second fiddle through all of WoD (look at garrison design if you don't think this is true). Horde lore was shat on under the pretense of loltimetravel. And so on, this is just from the top of my head.

It doesn't matter though. I see all these losses as part of the story, as long as there's some interesting consequence to it, I welcome it (like Sylvanas losing to that worgen dog in Stormheim - it was a good scene, I liked it). Alliance whiners just use all of this to fuel their ongoing persecution complex.
    Because you actually had interesting characters with development that losing them meant something. The second varian got a slight but interesting he gets killed. All other major alliance characters have next to zero development or have a boring as all hell one.
    When a major alliance character is the center of multiple expansions like thrall has been let me know.
    And I like thrall.
    Name one faction leader of the alliance now with any in game story given to them?

Deleted
    Totally no story given at all to the Stormrage love triangle, Anduin, Velen... meh, I'm done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You mean kind of like the Alliance?
    What do you mean - "Kinda like Alliance" ? Who besides Varian in alliance has died since 2004? And Varian was absent for all of vanilla anyways. You have a young prince of a leader.

Horde has nothing left. Cairne - DEAD. Voljin - DEAD. Thrall - green prophet.
    There are no central next gen character for Horde like Anduin. Baine is a side character.

When I started playing Warcraft, Thrall was that next gen leader. I have followed Thrall since Medivh visited him in Warcraft III. And the crowning piece of my WoW career would always be when my level 10 a$$ made its way to Orgrimmar and got the quest "Enemies Below" or soemthing like that from Warchief Thrall way back in 2005.

Now, we have only Sylvanas left; and Blizzard is freely assassinating her character as well. Is it too hard to conceptualize a Horde leader who really believes in the Horde and what the Horde originally stood for -- a group of misfits, rejects who came together after being repeatedly discriminated against, abused and ostracized by xenophobic small minded alliance scums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

for the valkyr queen

Odyn can make her a Val kyr without a problem he is guy who can do that not Eyir(which power is more limited than him) that is why I think he would use greymane and sylvanas to finish Heyla rebelion one for all in exchange for conver her in Val Kyr and resurrecting Liam the son of greymane

I like the idea of Sylvanas Val'kyr, and its a win win situation: she become "immortal", she can revive more forsakens, the horde win a Warchief who stand more than 1 expansion, its interesting for the lore, etc.

Except that never happens the alliance lost theramore and south shore what cities or zones have the horde lost again?
    In siege of orgrimmar, the whole capitol was raided. Funny how convenient it is for people to forget that and keep shouting about Theramore or Southshore.

Deleted
    I like Sylvanas, but yeah, something unpleasant will happen to her. Nathanos will succeed her. He didnt get his uniquish model just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You mean kind of like the Alliance?
    There's still Jaina, Tyrande, Velen, Greymane, Muradin, Magni, even Anduin had been in World of Warcraft longer than his father. It's not that bad. The Horde has Sylvanas, kind of Lor'themar, I think Baine said one line of dialogue in the Broken Shore scenario so I guess that counts? Thrall is neutral now and identifies as a boulder or something along those lines, Vol'jin is dead, Gallywix might as well not even exist since they never did anything with him since the Goblin starting zone.

Sylvanas is the only notable lore figure in the spotlight right now for the Horde. And for the Forsaken, for that matter. If they are going to kill her off at some point, they need to go really heavy on character development right now. And they need to scrap the idea of Warchief because that's 4 in 4 expansions and it's getting a bit old.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    In siege of orgrimmar, the whole capitol was raided. Funny how convenient it is for people to forget that and keep shouting about Theramore or Southshore.
    Not raided as in "raided," but as in "a world of warcraft raid happeened inside of it." People act like it was an Alliance victory, but it was really just the Alliance helping the rebel faction of the Horde and the Horde PCs depose tyrant Garrosh.

Can we make this a little less about AvH please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-Cante View Post
    I like Sylvanas, but yeah, something unpleasant will happen to her. Nathanos will succeed her. He didnt get his uniquish model just for the fun of it.
    Hope not... His model is awful.

I think the question more is if Blizzard's going to remove one of the last original horde leaders.
    Kael'thas went bye-bye in TBC but Lor'themar's always been the more visible leader anyway.
    Thrall swapped to Garrosh which swapped to Saurfang.
    Vol'jin bites the dust in Legion and not sure who replaces him.
    Cairne died in Cata being replaced by Baine.

That leaves Sylvanas, the goblin leader (never remember his name), and, technically speaking, Lor'themar.

Meanwhile, the only shift the Alliance has done is:
    Anduin to Varian back to Anduin. So no real change there since we're just back where we started.
    Magni to Muradin, Moira, ... and the other dwarf who's name I forget. Magni's not even dead since he's back now. So no loss here.

The draenei haven't lost Velen and judging from the one comic, he's not going anywhere for a LONG time. Draenor Velen doesn't count. Tyrande's still around although Malfurion ... probably not. Genn's still there. Mekkatorque's still there.

I saw someone comment that the Warchief title is like the Defense against the Dark Arts position in Harry Potter. It's an apt comparison. And it's getting old as well as predictable. Alliance has lost a lot of lower ranked leaders like Bolvar, Taylor, Maraad, etc but very few prominent high ones (Varian being the ONLY one!). Meanwhile, Horde has lost multiple high ranked leaders.

So begs the question if Blizzard's going to pull a twist out of their ass and redeem Sylvanas AND Illidan in the same expansion while not making Warchief yet another death sentence for another Horde leader or if they'll just kill her off, too. So will they pull a Kerrigan situation with Sylvanas or will she just become a raid boss who dies for loot?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind was burning since death wing attacked 6 years ago till it was finally fixed this expansion.
    Silvermoon is still under attack by the scourge. Blizz has outright stated they have no plans to update it and before you compare the exodar during a quest in Legion; Velen outright orders repairs made to the exodar and loudly proclaims "we are going home!"

Deleted
    I dont mind blizz killing Horde leaders off (though Id rather keep Sylvanas), but one would expect that with all the head lopping going on, blizz would be busy developing new characters. Who is there to lead the Trolls after Vol'Jins death? Who will lead the Orcs? That old geezer Saurfang? Really? Have mercy and let him retire, for gods sake. Its really time for new blood in Orgrimmar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrath gave me the impression that the Val'kyr could raise someone back to life, not just undeath, since the Vykrul could return to life multiple times unless we chopped them into itty bitty bits (Howling Fjord quest: Gruesome, But Necessary).

If Eyir turned Sylvanas back to life for revenge (for the whole trying to enslave her thing) a "You hate the living so much, I curse you to be among their number once again" type thing.

There'd be so much drama on the forums!