Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    This has been discussed at great lengths ad nauseum throughout this forum and thread; I am not going to summarize it for you. Do the legwork and research if you want the information, man.
    Was a simple question. I am sure even by using the search, I will have to shift trough several Hundred replies to find the latest info. Was hoping someone who knew right off hand could just say a simple number instead of me shifting throuhg 638 pages and 12,757 replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Was a simple question. I am sure even by using the search, I will have to shift trough several Hundred replies to find the latest info. Was hoping someone who knew right off hand could just say a simple number instead of me shifting throuhg 638 pages and 12,757 replies.
    There is no "simple number" because it is not, in fact, a simple question. The variance in their performance shifts greatly depending upon the details of the fight, including length, number of targets, cleave range of said targets, amount of time they stay in said range, and many other factors.

If you want a "simple answer", and numbers with little context that you can blindly follow without bothering to do your homework, go look at Effin's theorycrafting post.

There is no "simple number" because it is not, in fact, a simple question. The variance in their performance shifts greatly depending upon the details of the fight, including length, number of targets, cleave range of said targets, amount of time they stay in said range, and many other factors.

If you want a "simple answer", and numbers with little context that you can blindly follow without bothering to do your homework, go look at Effin's theorycrafting post.
    Of course length of fight and all that changes it. I just wanted a simple "this does X on single target and this does Y on single target"

I don't really care about looking at things like "length of fight" because on progression, Most of them will be long enough for it to even out. The only time Length comes into play is for exceedingly short fights, and those are either A) farm or B) Rare. Same with number of targets. They are far and few between. HFC only had 2 fights with large add numbers and 1 with slight cleave. We can go on and on about this and that, but I want a baseline. Nothing more. I can decide which spec to use on which fight once I get to fights with said variances.

At least in heroic raids, a baseline is good enough to where 1 spec dominates most of the raid, and the other spec is used for 1 or 2 fights.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Hellfire Assault was full cleave/AoE.
    Iron Reaver was single-target with heavy target switching.
    Kormrok was burst AoE.
    Council was cleave.
    Gorefiend was target switching/add nukes.
    Kilrogg was target switching/add nukes.
    Iskar was burst cleave/AoE with prio single targets.
    Xhul'horac was cleave and burst AoE.
    Tyrant was cleave and burst single-target.
    Fel Lord Zakuun was single-target
    Mannoroth was fucking everything.
    Archimonde was cleave.

How can you say that HFC only had a few fights with meaningful multitarget? It's just wrong, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Hellfire Assault was full cleave/AoE.
    Iron Reaver was single-target with heavy target switching.
    Kormrok was burst AoE.
    Council was cleave.
    Gorefiend was target switching/add nukes.
    Kilrogg was target switching/add nukes.
    Iskar was burst cleave/AoE with prio single targets.
    Xhul'horac was cleave and burst AoE.
    Tyrant was cleave and burst single-target.
    Fel Lord Zakuun was single-target
    Mannoroth was fucking everything.
    Archimonde was cleave.

How can you say that HFC only had a few fights with meaningful multitarget? It's just wrong, dude.
    I said it only had 2 fights with Large add numbers, and it did. Hellfire Assault was nothing but adds. Iskar is the other with substainal, large cleave phase with lots of adds.

Kormrok had a small duration where adds would be around, dominated by things like barrage - thus, a variance I can decide there.

A bunch of single target add switches - murder of crows.

Sustained, Small cleave AKA 2 mobs together - MM.

Archimonde was again, small cleave - MM

Obviously the Small cleaves are Not what I was referring to. I was referring to specially the 2 fights with Huge mob amounts.

I just want a baseline. Even with the variances, it cannot be disputed in most raids, 1 spec is the default choice for Most of the raid and then tehre is another for a few fights.

SO baseline, which will perform better? Which will be the default from a Single Target standpoint. Nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    SO baseline, which will perform better? Which will be the default from a Single Target standpoint. Nothing more.
    Reading these forums or this thread for even a few minutes would give you that answer. If you'd spent the time you've wasted trying to defend your laziness and justifying your "simple" request on researching and doing your own reading instead, you'd already have your answer.

Stop relying on others who have answered these questions countless times already, and in the very recent past no less, to spoonfeed you. These are questions that have been answered, and are answered in the guides for which this exact thread was created.

SV is top huh. Every sim I am finding with a search has it top. So why the hate on it? "sigh" wish I didn't have to go ranged. SV is actually fun and seems to be regarded as the higher dps spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure Why you feel the need to reply if all you're doing is being generally unhelpful and insulting.
    1. Because you're being lazy, entitled, and wasting the time of other's posting for information that hasn't been answered numerous times already.

2. In both of my posts, I gave you the exact place you could find the answers you're looking for: in Effin's theorycrafting post (for your first request for "simple number", and then in Azor's guides linked in the OP (for "which will perform better").

That was already more effort than your question deserved, given that the information you wanted is literally in the guides for which this post was created. If you don't want to utilize that information to get your answers, I don't know what to tell you. Swallow your pride, acknowledge you simply didn't want to put in the very modest amount of legwork to get the information yourself as thousands of others have done, and go look at the two places mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

SV is top huh. Every sim I am finding with a search has it top. So why the hate on it? "sigh" wish I didn't have to go ranged. SV is actually fun and seems to be regarded as the higher dps spec.
    Survival is "hated on" because of all of the reasons stated before concerning the contextual analysis that must be done on a fight by fight basis. SV is not going to outperform either ranged spec in EN as a whole due to the types of fights in that raid. Again, this is something that's already been discussed and debated in great detail.

If your raid has room for melee, there are other much better melee. If they need ranged, survival is obviously not an option. Thus, Survival has no real spot in a truly competitive raid environment.

acknowledge you simply didn't want to put in the very modest amount of legwork to get the information yourself as thousands of others have done, and go look at the two places mentioned above.
    I'll keep this short. If you don't wish to be helpful, but instead rude, Don't reply. That simple. If its That much of a hassle to Bash and degrade someone for No reason, simply because they asked 1 question, Just don't respond.

I'll leave it at that and disregard anything further you say.

SV is only top when you have your tier set in nighthold. That is MONTHS away. BM and MM are a lot better specs than survival right now and should be played to help you raid or dungeon groups be the most optimal possible atm.
    Last edited by Pounced; 2016-09-12 at 06:52 PM.

Pounced#1519

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep this short. If you don't wish to be helpful, but instead rude, Don't reply. That simple. If its That much of a hassle to Bash and degrade someone for No reason, simply because they asked 1 question, Just don't respond.

I'll leave it at that and disregard anything further you say.
    You're welcome for the reference locations for what you were looking for. #egosofrail

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    SV is only top when you have your tier set in nighthold. That is MONTHS away. BM and MM are a lot better specs than survival right now and should be played to help you raid or dungeon groups be the most optimal possible atm.
    That is what I am doing for BM. I am 1 of 2 ranged now. Melee is everywhere.

I don't run sims so I usually rely on others work in that regards, but would an 835 Six-Feather Fan with a socket (mastery gem) be even close to the 850 version to justify buying one? With mastery ranking higher than agi this should give it roughly the same number of base stats though the proc is lower damage. Or should I just keep randomly farming/checking the AH for one? Advice would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    Im maining BM, but havent been hunter for along time.

Is there a "best pet" for dungeon mythics, and/or raids?

Any advice appreciated.
    For dungeons you want either a pet that has Bloodlust/Heroism (nether ray or core hound), or if another player can provide heroism, then you want a pet with a battle res (Cranes IIRC, don't know if there are any others). Battle res is pretty OP in Mythic dungeons, it doesn't incur the raid cooldown in 5 mans, so the more you have, the better.

I have a choice between 2 relics +3% crit dmg to aim shot, or plus 3% crit to mark shot. same ilvl which should I pick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eathdemon View Post
    I have a choice between 2 relics +3% crit dmg to aim shot, or plus 3% crit to mark shot. same ilvl which should I pick?
    Please check Azor guide it has everything you need and more
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksma...-pve-dps-guide
    Retired

Is there any data on the performance of Chain of Scorched bones+Ring of Looming Menace? or Jeweled Signet of Melandrus?

I have those items and it seems like they would be better than gear with mastery on it (if you're fighting demons for the set bonus).

I can't post links because I'm a newb.

Thanks.

I have the legendary War Belt of the Sentinel Army ,Is there any boss fight in the Emerals Nightmare where its worth to drop Sidewinders for Trick Shot (or any other talent combo) to make use of MS spam for the AiS damage buff?

I'm looking for some clarification for Mongoose Bite/Fury. In the guide, you say...

Generally, when Mongoose Bite reaches 3 charges and Mongoose Fury is down, you should spend all 3 charges and then proceed with your normal rotation, but use Mongoose Bite as much as possible instead of waiting for it to reach 3 charges to build your Mongoose Fury to as many stacks as possible before it expires.

Am I missing something? I feel like what is said here conflicts with itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    I'm looking for some clarification for Mongoose Bite/Fury. In the guide, you say...

Generally, when Mongoose Bite reaches 3 charges and Mongoose Fury is down, you should spend all 3 charges and then proceed with your normal rotation, but use Mongoose Bite as much as possible instead of waiting for it to reach 3 charges to build your Mongoose Fury to as many stacks as possible before it expires.

Am I missing something? I feel like what is said here conflicts with itself.
    You use Mongoose Bite when you are at 3 stacks, then you dump any additional Mongoose Bites while Mongoose Fury is active. Once Mongoose Fury ends, you go back to waiting for Mongoose Bite to reach 3 stacks.