Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamHealzu View Post
    I honestly think ilvl plays a very important role in determining the trinkets to be used. I would stay away from stat-stick especially bc the one you have is int/mastery. If it is indeed true the devilsaur one got buffed I might play with it tonight and see how it performs as I just got a 840 Devilsaur trinket last night also.
    Is the Devilsaur Trinket locked behind a quest-wall? I've never seen that WQ. Then again I loathe Suramar and I'm not done all the quests yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Is the Devilsaur Trinket locked behind a quest-wall? I've never seen that WQ. Then again I loathe Suramar and I'm not done all the quests yet.
    It is part of the Suramar questline where you free the Dinosaur Su'esh. The quest starts in the menagrie so it is gated behind that questline.

It's also a quest that involves you stomping all over a bunch of selfrighteous elves and demons on the back of a giant dinosaur, so it's a must-have in my book anyway.

Inspired by the list that Hekkipekki put together, I decided to run some sims comparing all of the available trinkets normalized at 850 ilvl.

All simulations below were performed using the 2016-09-13 build simc-703-02 with 300 second fights and 20% length variation. I used the default SimCraft Balance Druid APL which is not perfect, particularly in its usage of FoE (and it has no multi-target APL at all...). If anyone has an improved APL, please send it to me. I'd love to use it to rerun these sims to see if anything comes out differently and for some other sims I am working on.

I started with my ~840 night elf druid then made the following changes to the profile:
    • completed the artifact tree (all traits but no Goldrinn's Fury)
    • removed both trinkets
    • removed all relic bonuses
    • equalized the amounts of the secondary stats (6100 crit + 5202 haste + 1379 ves + 2973 mastery = 15654 stats / 4 = 3914 of each stat)

So, this base profile is a night elf (at night time) and it has a full artifact tree, no trinkets, no relics, 18016 int, and 3914 of each secondary stat.

Then, starting with Hekkipekki's post, I put together a list of all the available trinkets normalized to 850 ilvl. Let me know if I am missing any:
    Code:
    copy=squirrel
    trinket1=elementium_bomb_squirrel_generator,id=137446,bonus_id=1502:3411

copy=alchemist
    trinket1=infernal_alchemist_stone,id=127842,bonus_id=669

copy=starlight
    trinket1=corrupted_starlight,id=137301,bonus_id=1502:3411

copy=heirloom
    trinket1=orb_of_voidsight,id=133596

copy=obelisk
    trinket1=obelisk_of_the_void,id=137433,bonus_id=1502:3412

copy=tongue
    trinket1=naraxas_spiked_tongue,id=137349,bonus_id=1502:3411

copy=prism
    trinket1=moonlit_prism,id=137541,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=eye
    trinket1=eye_of_skovald,id=133641,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=writ
    trinket1=infernal_writ,id=137485,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=manacracker
    trinket1=portable_manacracker,id=137398,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=stormsinger
    trinket1=stormsinger_fulmination_charge,id=137367,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=figurehead
    trinket1=figurehead_of_the_naglfar,id=137329,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=root
    trinket1=oakhearts_gnarled_root,id=137306,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=horror
    trinket1=caged_horror,id=136716,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=baton
    trinket1=devilsaur_shockbaton,id=140030,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=darkmoon
    trinket1=darkmoon_deck_hellfire,id=128709,bonus_id=669

copy=horn
    trinket1=horn_of_valor,id=133642,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=shard
    trinket1=chrono_shard,id=137419,bonus_id=1502:1727

copy=shard_set_bonus
    trinket1=chrono_shard,id=137419,bonus_id=1502:1727
    neck=strand_of_the_stars,id=137487,stats=0int

copy=stat_int_haste
    trinket1=,id=134292,stats=1233int_932haste

copy=stat_int_crit
    trinket1=,id=134292,stats=1233int_932crit

copy=stat_int_mastery
    trinket1=,id=134292,stats=1233int_932mastery

copy=stat_int_vers
    trinket1=,id=134292,stats=1233int_932vers
    ("stat_int_haste" is a 850 ilvl stat stick with 1233 int and 932 haste; "shard_set_bonus" is the Chrono Shard with the set bonus activated)

Unfortunately, Force of Nature is not implemented in SimCraft at the moment and Fury of Elune's APL is not great. So, for these sims I used: Starlord, Incarnation, Blessing of the Ancients, and Nature's Balance. I run each trinket alone. Their effects are almost completely additive, so looking at pairs of trinkets is unnecessary.

Single Target Patchwerk

Stat weights without trinkets:
    1.00 int
    0.81 haste
    0.66 mastery
    0.65 crit
    0.64 vers

Trinket sims:

Single Target LightMovement

1.10 haste
    1.00 int
    0.65 crit
    0.65 mastery
    0.64 vers

Trinket sims:

Single Target HeavyMovement

1.00 int
    0.66 crit
    0.64 vers
    0.58 mastery
    0.18 haste

Trinket sims:

Three Target Patchwerk

1.00 int
    0.74 haste
    0.66 crit
    0.64 vers
    0.62 mastery

Trinket sims:

Some caveats about the three target sim:
    • The default APL doesn't actually do anything different with more targets... the added damage is just sunfire splash and trinket splash.
    • SimC assumes that trinket splash hits all three targets every time, so those trinkets will be slightly overvalued since in many situations they won't actually be hitting multiple targets.
    • EDIT: see some corrections to the multi-target sim below.

And a general caveat: keep in mind that this list was created with all trinkets at 850. So it is only good for comparing trinkets of the same ilvl. You'll have to run your own sims in your own setup to evaluate trinkets of different ilvls or with sockets.
    Last edited by Tarm; 2016-09-13 at 07:23 PM.

There is a better Balance APL in the FAQ from Discord. I believe it was created by Gebuz (and others?). I can't post links yet
    pastebin . com / CdquLPAu

Can we get a TLDR for those sims?

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Can we get a TLDR for those sims?
    My recommendations, if choosing between equal ilvl trinkets:
    Single target - tongue and baton
    Multi target - eye, horror, starlight or squirrel (depending on whether they will consistently hit multiple targets) (EDIT: see some corrections to this below.)

But they are all pretty close to one another (about a 5% difference between the best and the worst in each sim), so probably just go with the highest ilvl trinkets you have available. Run a sim to double check.
    Last edited by Tarm; 2016-09-13 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also shard set bonus is high, but in reality the set isn't good enough to make the neck attractive unless you really have no other option. So it's unlikely it'll see use apart from Ill-informed players who think it's better than it is
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quick question here.

First off you guys and gals are fantastic, this research is great! I run sims daily to analyze single piece gear upgrades and make sure I am equipping the right pieces prior to the progression runs coming up. For some reason, my Devilsaur Shock-Baton is constantly simming at 1.3-1.4% of my damage from it's proc, as opposed to the around 5% I see in actual combat logs and test dummy research. I am curious if anyone else has this issue when they are simming the trinket and if there is a work around people are using to fix the problem? Or if it's simply a wait and see for a simcraft fix down the road and just assuming this trinket is top of the charts single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifted View Post
    There is a better Balance APL in the FAQ from Discord. I believe it was created by Gebuz (and others?). I can't post links yet
    pastebin . com / CdquLPAu
    Thanks for linking that APL! I took a look at the profile from above with both the default SimC APL and this Discord APL.

Here are the dps comparisons for each fight style using Starlord, Incarnation, BotA, and Nature's Balance as above:

Single target Patchwerk -0.16% (Discord APL is 0.16% worse than SimC APL)
    Single target LightMovement +0.38% (Discord APL is 0.38% better than SimC APL)
    Single target HeavyMovement +1.43%
    Three target Patchwerk +21.55%

Now with FoE instead of NB:

Single target Patchwerk <0.01%
    Single target LightMovement +1.34%
    Single target HeavyMovement -6.27%
    Three target Patchwerk +10.46%

Now with the build from the discord profile (FoN, Stellar Flare, BotA, NB; though FoN is still not doing anything):

Single target Patchwerk -0.72%
    Single target LightMovement +0.87%
    Single target HeavyMovement +1.26%
    Three target Patchwerk +33.70%

So, the Discord APL you linked is much better in multitarget sims. In single target situations it is very similar. It handles FoE almost identically in a Patchwerk fight.

I reran the three target Patchwerk trinket sim with the Discord APL.

Absolute stat weights without trinkets:
    12.66 int
    12.21 haste
    9.34 mastery
    8.39 crit
    7.90 vers

Trinket sim:

Now that there is proper multi-dotting going on, the stat sticks and trinkets with stat procs became way more valuable relative to the splash damage trinkets.

However, with three target HeavyMovement, the stat weights decrease enough to bring the splash damage trinkets to the top:

Absolute stat weights without trinkets:
    9.86 int
    7.55 haste
    7.07 mastery
    6.53 crit
    6.20 vers

Trinket sim:

So, the more movement there is in a multitarget fight, the better the splash trinkets (starlight, horror, eye, squirrel) will become relative to stat sticks and stat proc trinkets. Though again, their values are dependent on consistently hitting multiple targets with their procs so in fights where we can't do that, stat proc trinkets and stat sticks will be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chubski View Post
    Quick question here.

First off you guys and gals are fantastic, this research is great! I run sims daily to analyze single piece gear upgrades and make sure I am equipping the right pieces prior to the progression runs coming up. For some reason, my Devilsaur Shock-Baton is constantly simming at 1.3-1.4% of my damage from it's proc, as opposed to the around 5% I see in actual combat logs and test dummy research. I am curious if anyone else has this issue when they are simming the trinket and if there is a work around people are using to fix the problem? Or if it's simply a wait and see for a simcraft fix down the road and just assuming this trinket is top of the charts single target.
    In the sims I am running I see it consistently at around 5% of the damage in several different fight styles and talent builds. If you share the profile and settings you are using, I could help more.

Some possible reasons it might be performing better than it does in your sims:
    • Are you maybe using an old build of SimCraft from before it was updated to reflect the buff?
    • Trinkets get a bonus to proc chance at the beginning of fights (I believe... is this still the case?). So if you are doing mostly short fights, the initial proc being faster than expected might have an outsized effect.
    • As movement or other interferrences mess up your rotation, the baton procs will represent a bigger fraction of your overall dps.
    Last edited by Tarm; 2016-09-13 at 07:31 PM.

They still get a bonus, but only because you haven't been attacking for 10 seconds. They don't get the additional boost to proc chance for starting a fight anymore.

Can we please just get a "use these 2 for single target" and "use these for multitarget" confirmation? :P Ennough of this "heavy movement add fight with 30 sec downtime transition and vehicle" sims"

Here you go Tarm, thanks for looking. I've tried everything I can think of lol. Let me know if you need me to screen cap anything else you can think of that may be causing this.

850 Devilsaur trinket is what I have equipped (along with 825 tongue). Re-downloaded the most recent version of Simcraft just to be absolutely sure I was on the correct one; using the APL linked above by Shifted.

Not able to hyperlink yet directly, so I will just post the links below with some spaces, sorry for the hassle.

Settings:
    imgur . com /a/ ea89c

Results:
    imgur . com /a/ gmU3A

Profile:
    pastebin . com / 7EJ3jRuu

Each time I sim this, the trinket is constantly in this 1.3-1.4% range, DPE being shown around 43.5k for some reason. The Rancid Maw proc seems to be working properly, and the trinket is proccing accordingly (21 procs to the 14 of rancid maw), but the damage just seems bugged for me.

Great work on the sims guys, but I noticed Eyasu's Mulligan is nowhere to be seen, can anyone say how this would rank compared to the other trinkets? I currently have a 835 ilvl socketed trinket, which i'm not sure if I should use, or if so, which fights (ST, council etc) would it be optimal on. Also, in those sims, is the darmoon trinket at 815 ilvl or 850?
    Last edited by Kizrael; 2016-09-14 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubski View Post
    Each time I sim this, the trinket is constantly in this 1.3-1.4% range, DPE being shown around 43.5k for some reason. The Rancid Maw proc seems to be working properly, and the trinket is proccing accordingly (21 procs to the 14 of rancid maw), but the damage just seems bugged for me.
    Definitely set wrong. It should do over 100k per proc at 850.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Someone for the love of God simplify those results a bit. Top 3 for single target / multi target without factoring in wether or not your mom will enter the basement for more than 5 seconds while the sun is at 94% it's usual strength next Friday would be just awesome.

Thanks for volunteering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Definitely set wrong. It should do over 100k per proc at 850.
    I have the 835 one and it does 120k per proc already. and it can even crit.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, stats - sticks sim extremely highly.

That being said, I'm not sure if I should be using my 825 Int + Haste over my 840 socketed (I can only afford the cheap gem) Eye of Skovold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Man, stats - sticks sim extremely highly.

That being said, I'm not sure if I should be using my 825 Int + Haste over my 840 socketed (I can only afford the cheap gem) Eye of Skovold.
    Dont worry. No one else here knows the answer for that either, everyone is simming different things. While we are at it, can someone sime WoD trinkets as well? I just think it seems fitting since doing that will also not give us answers.