Deleted
    Does anybody use gift of the mists in Mythic Dungeons? Ive been using Brew but thinking of trying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Does anybody use gift of the mists in Mythic Dungeons? Ive been using Brew but thinking of trying this.
    That's good to use when you don't have to purify often, basicly when you overgear the content, but even then with blackox brew you can do bigger pulls because you have more charges.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Pretty sure that slootbag still managed to keep 100% up time on ISB in mythic+11 when he played his BRM in the final days of beta.
    I'd love to see that then because I don't see how that's possible outside of heroism. Maybe at very high levels of haste with Light Brewing and BoC you could maintain ISB but I find myself burning through brew charges insanely fast on high damage trash packs like the wolves in HoV.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    I tried both Light Brewing and Gift of the Mist in Mythic dungeons. So far, I prefer the additional brew charges LB provides. I didn't do any math on it (even though that's usually my thing ) but LB feels better. I also tried combining LB with Elusive Dance and High Tolerance. HT works well enough, but I (and my Holy paladin healer with whom I usually do Mythic dungeons) prefer ED.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    I tried both Light Brewing and Gift of the Mist in Mythic dungeons. So far, I prefer the additional brew charges LB provides. I didn't do any math on it (even though that's usually my thing ) but LB feels better. I also tried combining LB with Elusive Dance and High Tolerance. HT works well enough, but I (and my Holy paladin healer with whom I usually do Mythic dungeons) prefer ED.
    Light Brewing should never be used, Black Ox Brew grants about three times as many charges as it does.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    What trinkets are everyone looking forward to get?

Quote Originally Posted by ambio View Post
    Armory is still not working for me, but not to crazy high like 17%.

Its just getting the flow of BoC really. BoS, Keg, BoS, Fire, BoS, ISB, mix in some BoS Tps(for the face palm bonus, tho if you just do a tp no biggie as you are still lowering your brew cooldowns). And we can live thru everything. I try and purify a bit higher than recommended (at around 75% stagger) because I got the purify brew belt legiondary and I like the on demand heal. I can stack 5-7 orbs feet and do a big on demand heal with eh or just move left and right and pac man them as I need em.

We have all the tools boys and girls, its just getting that rotation down so it feels natural, then we can hang with everyone.

Plus nothing wrong with being the undervalued, we usually get some crazy buffs.

Get on the train boys and girls! We are leaving the station
    Oh wow, where did you get your belt from? Great stuff.

I'm at close to 25% haste unbuffed, 32% ++ with High Tolerance.... I'm wondering if i'm over the haste cap here... but my Ilevel is only at 835 at the moment....

What relics do you use? I use GOTOX on both life and storm ... because i can't pass up 25% of greater healing spheres!

I was wondering if I could get a bit of help for priorities when using BoC. I still feel a bit clumsy using the talent. Occasionally, BoC leaves me with wanting to do several things at the same time with not enough globals to do them. I assume BoS + KS is number one priority, even if it means capping energy for a global. Second, I assume BoS + BoF is the second most important combo. My main problem is I have a hard time not delaying KS, getting BoS + BoF debuff up, and not capping energy. It feels like I usually have to sacrifice the second or the third to ensure the first. I also prefer RJW for dungeons but seems really hard to fit it in reasonably often with BoC while not capping energy.

Also, feeling pretty all right about BrM after playing it some. Accidentally did a mythic VH run with the guild (thought it was on heroic and they were helping me through it since my monk's a pretty fresh 110). Ended up tanking all of mythic VH at 798 item level and an 816 resto druid healer, not one death. I ran high tolerance, which seemed really strong. And I will likely run HT for the foreseeable future. But I'd really like to get better with BoC because it seems stronger overall, plus it's more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Teto View Post
    What trinkets are everyone looking forward to get?
    Horn of Valor and Alchemist Stone. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    Really?

I passed on making the Alchemist stone because the mats were abit expensive.

I'm using both 840 trinks though, both with agi and haste. I also have Orb of torment mystic forged.

Defensively I still like the bind on account trinket, although I have not been very lucky with trinket drops so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsab11 View Post
    this is wrong since the damage reduction formula is not linear. monks get around 8% average physical damage reduction, whereas paladins get only around 5, because of their higher base armor.

damage reduction = (armor/(armor+7390))*100 (see page 31)
    The damage reduction percentage change isn't linear...the effective health increase from armor is linear.

You can math it out if you want, just remember that effective health is equal to hit points / (1-DR). (Using a DR value between 0 and 1, the 100% is just for display purposes and ease of understanding, not the actual calculation.)

I don't want to use the alchemist stone because of the proc, and the horn of valor... I don't know, Brewmaster is kind of a consistent dps class. Having the trinket from arcway would be better IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Light Brewing should never be used, Black Ox Brew grants about three times as many charges as it does.
    BOB also provides them in bursts instead of smoothed out over time and while it is on CD, it takes more time on time on average to get the next charge (in case you screw up your brew usage). It also is an extra ability/button which one may fail to use at the right time. Yes, BOB provides the highest number of brew charges over the course of a fight but that doesn't mean that LB does not have its niche.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    BOB also provides them in bursts instead of smoothed out over time and while it is on CD, it takes more time on time on average to get the next charge (in case you screw up your brew usage). It also is an extra ability/button which one may fail to use at the right time. Yes, BOB provides the highest number of brew charges over the course of a fight but that doesn't mean that LB does not have its niche.
    This would have merit if BoB didn't provide such ludicrous amounts of charges compared to LB meaning you can dump many more of your generating charges on purifies. Which should make it more smooth even when it is on CD because of banked IsB duration.
    Last edited by keqe; 2016-09-13 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by sdre View Post
    Really?

I passed on making the Alchemist stone because the mats were abit expensive.

I'm using both 840 trinks though, both with agi and haste. I also have Orb of torment mystic forged.
    Alchemist Stone procs were early into the fight and occasionally again. Mostly, it procs to the start of the fight when you'll need both aoe burst and the orb-healing the most. Horn of valor is the same thing.

Trinkets might change for raiding, but for dungeons mildly suicidal, very large pulls (love that initial *pull all the things* before first boss in maw) are the way to go. You got ~15-20 mobs, and if they don't die within 20seconds you got a real problem.

BoB literally gives something like three times the amount of brew charges; it also refills your energy and has its cooldown reduced by Keg Smash/Tiger Palm. There's absolutely no contest between the two.

Alchemist Stone procs were early into the fight and occasionally again. Mostly, it procs to the start of the fight when you'll need both aoe burst and the orb-healing the most. Horn of valor is the same thing.

Trinkets might change for raiding, but for dungeons mildly suicidal, very large pulls (love that initial *pull all the things* before first boss in maw) are the way to go. You got ~15-20 mobs, and if they don't die within 20seconds you got a real problem.
    I see. Right now I have farmed alot of heroic trinkets... Gonna try mythic this week. I've a heroic warforge version of the Orb of Torment, gives 835 haste, and on use to put a debuff on your target. Whatever dmg you do in the next 20 secs, you get healed for 50% of the dmg done. I've chained this with Exploding Keg and keg smash with breath of fire, and it heals me for like half of my hp bar. Pretty nifty.

If i were to stick to Alchemist stone, and more "tanking" trinkets, i'm given a ton of Versatility... From what I understand, Versatility is the last stat that I would want. 30% haste is the target to hit?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if anyone's facing the same dilemma as I am right now. (it's a good dilemma)

Different tanking stats. Which do you prefer? (Something i noticed with Brewmaster is the way Blizz allows us to switch up our tanking style within the same tree)

1. Haste build. Reach 30% haste, go BoC with BoB ? Extremely easy to tank with heroics.

2. Mastery / Versatility / Crit / Haste : If you are at 20% or less haste, go BoB/GotM/LB and high tolerance? Personally i tried this build with BoB / GoTM with HT and i found myself to be comfortably tanking heroics.... Elusive Dance is pretty nifty as well especially against bosses who hit very very hard. I would imagine ED to work very well with our Legendary Belt.

3. Any other builds?

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree it's a good dilemma

I personally have tried 2 different builds so far in Mythic content. First I tried a heavy Mastery & Vers build which I got my mastery to the break point of 30.8% (Guaranteed to Dodge 1 in 4 attacks, a flat 25% physical reduction), got vers to 9.2%. Pros of this build I was very stable and stagger didn't build up as quickly however I did sacrifice quite a bit of haste to reach this point, so often I would run short on purify charges while doing a run even with BoC/BoB. I completed all Mythic content except Suramar Dungeons.
    My Druid healer that runs mythic content with me was happily keeping me up and doing doing 50k dps at the same time.

I am changing my build slightly to gain more haste so I lowered my mastery to the next break point which is 23.71%, and got my haste to 22% which feels a lot better. I don't think I am going to aim for the 30% haste margin unless I drop chi-burst and RJW so that I never energy cap. I am currently experimenting between Vers and Crit to find which one benefits me more and so far Crit is doing more due to running with a druid healer and my thrill of keeping myself at 40%hp to dance around with Ox orbs.

I was lucky enough to get the Legendary Boots to drop and does help a tonne allowing me to do stupidly large pulls every 3 mins or so.

(For those wondering how I get so my mastery break points here is a link to wowhead's spreadsheet that I use to put my corresponding BD to calculate mastery break points https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    , make a copy and start playing around with the numbers)

Deleted
    Did we got a DMG Buff tonight? My Exploding Keg, Keg Smash and Blackout Strike seems to hit MUCH harder.
    Edit: Never Mind, it seems to be a bug with Mayhem during the Withered Scenario...If i start it, my DMG is buffed too. ._.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2016-09-14 at 07:35 AM.