Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best Rogue Combat Ally!

Good morning, all!

I've just got lucky! I got my first legendary. However, it's not for me. It's for a follower. It's the Embers of the Firelands. Given the nature of this item, I want to get it equipped and in use ASAP.

So this leads me to my main question: Who is the best of the rogue combat allies? I've got an idea, but I always like seeing how other people view matters, so have at it!

Thanks for your time.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Deleted
    imho it would be valeera, jarochs skill was nerfed to the ground and has a huge cooldown.
    Garonas skill is useful but its happening not often enough.
    I would definitly say its valeera , maybe garona.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valeera? I could just be blind, but I can't see her skill in the list. What does it do? Is it a hidden one?
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Pretty sure he meant Vanessa. Only other valuable choice for me would be Mathias, but...Idk. He's quite good when you're farming a lot of "small" mobs, since 100% crit allows you to kill them in 2-3sec tops, but he's rather useless when fighting something bigger, where Vanessa shines with her stuns.

P.S. Where did you get that follower legendary from? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yeah. Vanessa makes sense. She's who I suspected. What does Shaw do? Killing smaller mobs is nice, but with MfD I can usually do it in 2-3 sec anyway.

I got it from the gear work order. I had no idea legendary gear existed for followers! It was a nice surprise.
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

They're all kinda useless but vanessa has a kidney shot and takes aggro so you can actually use vanish while soloing more effectively.

Shaw gives you 100% crit while stealthed and for 3sec after.

Lucky you, so far all I'm getting is 5/10ilvl upgrades ;p But got epic gear from suramar training scenario, 100order hall resources for combat ally on WQs

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its still Ravenholdt since Mathias doesn't help much with the giant pulls I usually do(outlaw) and he is super helpful for dealing with those pesky tanks that kill you and lock down the entire world quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    Valeera? I could just be blind, but I can't see her skill in the list. What does it do? Is it a hidden one?
    i meant vanessa sorry ^^

Deleted
    I roll with Mathias so I can gank nearly everyone with a 100% crit killing spree.

Garona or Ravenholdt. Not a fan of having stupid pets follow me around, garona provides some serious damage boost for aoe farming (though uncontrollable auto proc icd), ravenholdts single target nuke will wreck elites and players. All vanessa does is put your stuns on DR and weak damage and drag shit around keeping you in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Garona or Ravenholdt. Not a fan of having stupid pets follow me around, garona provides some serious damage boost for aoe farming (though uncontrollable auto proc icd), ravenholdts single target nuke will wreck elites and players. All vanessa does is put your stuns on DR and weak damage and drag shit around keeping you in combat.
    Yeah. I'm leaning towards those two. I tried Vanessa, but I dislike having something else that can get me in combat. I was considering Shaw, but I don't think the crit buff will be all that useful for Outlaw. It's a toss-up between Garona and Jaroch now. I guess I should try them both.
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    Yeah. I'm leaning towards those two. I tried Vanessa, but I dislike having something else that can get me in combat. I was considering Shaw, but I don't think the crit buff will be all that useful for Outlaw. It's a toss-up between Garona and Jaroch now. I guess I should try them both.
    How is Vanessa getting you in combat? Have you even used her? She stealths when you stealth, she only attacks what you attack. Never has Vanessa gotten me in combat when I myself wouldn't have if i were by myself. And if i decide a pack is too much after picking a fight with 1 to many elites, i just vanish and mount and run away, and she pops up after a short time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    How is Vanessa getting you in combat? Have you even used her? She stealths when you stealth, she only attacks what you attack. Never has Vanessa gotten me in combat when I myself wouldn't have if i were by myself. And if i decide a pack is too much after picking a fight with 1 to many elites, i just vanish and mount and run away, and she pops up after a short time.
    Dunno, but usually when you vanish and she still fights your enemy, you will get back into combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Dunno, but usually when you vanish and she still fights your enemy, you will get back into combat.
    Yea, if you're standing right next to her and get hit by some aoe or something. I vanish and gtfo to heal up with crimson vial, i dont vanish and stand next to them. I dunno it could be a bug issue i've never come across, its entirely possible. But my Vanessa is almost rare so i've used her quite a bit and never ran into her getting me put in combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Not sure, but she's done it. It's not a frequent occurrence, but once is too often in my book. It may well be a bug.
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

i stopped using them in open world. better be running those order hall missions imo. When i did - i liked vanessa more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    i stopped using them in open world. better be running those order hall missions imo. When i did - i liked vanessa more.
    Aye, I was doing that. This legendary item is worth using though. At least in my opinion.
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I got an item that gives ability to combat ally to pay 15g per world quest finished. Will this also count for Matthias and Ravenholdt who don't act as bodyguards? I would like to eq the item to one of them.
    Yes, it specifically says "Combat Ally" in the item text, so you are not restricted to specifically a bodyguard.