Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tested Mistweaver and Brewmaster yesterday and echo what the others said. Both specs totally lost their unique feeling that attracted me when I started playing a monk! Now they just feel very generic with Brewmaster being the worst experience.... :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Laundry list but mainly I still can't get on with the gameplay; Beta and Live.

"Don't repeat the same ability." Simple enough right? "Oh, and you can't reset the cooldown of any abilities and SEF is the only attack with charges to it. Now you can reduce the CD of abilities, but, only for 8 seconds and at the cost of a talent plus SEF; which ironically fixes the SEF reduction problem as well. Closing notes: Combo Breaker will function exactly as the name implies and stats will do nothing but what it usually does for all specs. Have fun ^_^ "

It just seems asinine to state the conditions while ensuring that the conditions can rarely be broken.

Combo Strikes is fine. Combo Strikes being the only thing isn't. It's not that it's simple, it's that there isn't anything to it because of how things are setup. Unintentionally I found myself performing Combo Strikes on my Fury Warrior with the Inner Rage talent but there was still more to them than that.

Not asking for the spec to be on whatever difficulty level it was viewed as previously or ability bloat or buffs/debuffs, just to make the rotation more interesting. A point was brought up that a simple consistent rotation is fine as the focus spent on the rotation is put onto a fight but the player will eventually know the boss forwards and backwards, blindfolded with 1 hand while missing keys and addons, and that's when it's time to improve themselves; returning to a more stagnant rotation to try and improve.

P.S. SEF and ToD not resetting after wipes, nothing brings back the 1min Expel Harm prep nostalgia like waiting 2min for CD's.

Deleted
    Have they stated anywhere what their goals with the Mistweaver rework were gameplay and especially flavor-wise? Despite having some time to think about the spec after the initial reaction I'm still not seeing the point or flavor of the spec. On the Class Preview series they don't really say what Mistweavers are supposed to be or what they are going for with them and a folk medicine healer sounds much more flavorful than wielding some vague power of life just like Druid and Shaman healers.

After coming back to Legion, I feel that my monk has lost all it's uniqueness. Now it just feels like a generic healing class, and it's really disappointing that they decided to go with this.

Think I'm going to pick up another healer for legion...

7+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing it out there that I think Mistweaver is fucking garbage in 7.0. Of course, the only reason I ever played MW was because I despised the 30 button clusterfuck that was Windwalker in WoD (I love WW in 7.0, so I'm going back to that happily), but I really did take to Mistweaving once I got used to it. I've raided before as a healer, but nothing was as engaging to me as Mistweaving. I remember a lot of people crying over it in WoD, but I thought it was totally awesome. Tons of mobility, thought the Uplift mechanic was immensely satisfying, loved the no bullshit Revival BIG RAID HEAL cooldown (just fun and responsive), as well as Life Cocoon, and Soothing Mists functionally and thematically made a ton of sense to me; like you'd set up a visual channel between you and the other person, and you'd just funnel tons of healing through it. It was very interesting and flexible, being able to swap to AoE healing at the drop of a hat. I loved all the talent choices. I loved that the mana was infinite but obviously that was broken. I didn't fistweave much but it was a fun option.

I don't know what niche they're supposed to fill in 7.0, and I really just can't wrap my head around what compelled them to change the spec so drastically. Almost everything that has made it interesting has been totally gutted. Just the most basic bitch healer where you cast heals on people and that's that. Completely unengaging and a total snore. Thank god I have Windwalker back, but it really is a shame to me that they didn't keep at least the Uplift or Soothing Mist mechanic.

So I quit WoW due to some guild drama and came back for this pre-expansion event.

Could someone explain to me exactly what the devs were thinking removing about 75% of my abilities for Brewmaster and Mistweaver? I haven't done my Mistweaver spec yet, but Brewmaster seems like a wet noodle as far as tanking ability goes, I can't mitigate anything or stop damage thanks to Guard, so why should I bother playing a tank again?

Guard wasn't exactly the most involved tanking ability, but it at least added some weird flavour.
    The new ISB/PuB flip flop can be rewarding at times, but is mostly just annoying.
    Losing mostly/all self-healing at lower levels is also really lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggsworth View Post
    Guard wasn't exactly the most involved tanking ability, but it at least added some weird flavour.
    The new ISB/PuB flip flop can be rewarding at times, but is mostly just annoying.
    Losing mostly/all self-healing at lower levels is also really lame.
    This is my current issue with Brewmaster. It's hard to explain, but putting up a big shield and absorbing - or being able to continually heal...just feels more satisfying.

Just buffing up a passive is not very gratifying. And hell, we can't even Purify 100% of our Stagger anymore either.

Perhaps smoothing the damage feels better for the healer, but I'm not completely enjoying it on my end.

Dear brewmaster's Devs...Could you please hit the Undo button? I REALLY HATE THE NEW BREWMASTER, I have been playing it since pre-patch and I can't stop thinking of how awful the spec feels.

Hate the changes.

Sure BRM was overpowered for at time but this is just garbage. No damage, no survivability, and worst of all boring to play I have no buttons and I don't even think BOF is still any good outside of AOE now that we lost Chi Explosion. Also fucking Zen Meditation and a 7 minute Fort are you real? Its op to give BRM guard in pve but its totally fine for warriors to roll with Ignore Pain absorbing millions of damage with no real resource cost or cooldown. Nobody even liked playing BRM very much to begin with even when it was OP and pretty fun, now nobody is going to look at the spec because no one will play it and nobody will want one ever because its the worst tank in the game.

Mistweaver I never really played extensively until now actually so the changes to MW don't really impact me like oldtimer MWers. I plan to play it as my main spec into Legion and benching tanking and DPS. I don't mind it that much but I find fistweaving overly convoluted in using TPs to increase(but not guarantee) BoK to reset RSK to reset TFT. The lack of a strong "oh shit" burst heal sucks though I suppose thats what the weapon is for. I feel like they could've made Fistweaving so much more interesting giving TP and BoK a direct influence on your heals- I'm not saying go back to DMG = Heals, but rather using TP, BoK, and RSK buff different heals in different ways like a softer TFT.

WW was what I played the most of for both PvE and PvP and I hate these changes the most. SEF is literally cancer. It's still clunky and shitty to use. Fucking Touch of Death damage is actually reduced while SEF is active does Blizzard even listen to feedback or let alone test this shit? Spirits just fly to africa as soon as they come out and take like 2 seconds out of the limited time you have to get onto your target so you have to wait for them to get on target THEN use your abilities otherwise you lose DPS. Whichever idiot fuck RP nerd at Blizzard lobbied for SEF to be a baseline major DPS cooldown because "I totally loved WC3's Brewmaster ultimate; its so iconic to the class!!" should never ever develop mmos. Also way to crush my soul bringing back SFB and putting it literally next to a required talent outside of everything but 3v3(and only if your partners are loaded with stuns). All the PvP defensive talents are just total trash. Karma is a joke and people will just ignore it and DPS right through it. Monk is just becoming more and more of a glass cannon the ONLY thing I like about WW is their mobility wasn't touched but rather buffed even more. Though the major roll/FSK bug is making Monk mobility the worst.

Overall I feel like this expansion was rushed and not well thought out at all. They're still on the drawing board with a lot of classes and just shitting out garbage onto live clients because Acti-Blizz needs to make money NOW and they figure "Well who(important) cares ol? We'll just fix it next patch, year, expansion... stop being so entitled and feed me money."

I feel like I am eating too much damage with my Brewmaster. Dunno why. I played other Tanks and none eating so fucking much. Really, really sucks. But still I am not sure if it's BRM which just feels weak in terms of damage reduction but .. damn.
    oh, honey.

Mistweaver artifact ability is OP and all, but cast time? Sheesh. Would be so sweet if that was an instant cast. It's not like our Revival works wonders if heavy AE is coming and you need to keep both the group and tank alive.

I feel braindead when I play BrM.
    MW feels weak in dungeons
    WW is OP as hell and is going to get hit hard :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I feel braindead when I play BrM.
    MW feels weak in dungeons
    WW is OP as hell and is going to get hit hard :/
    As a Mistweaver I would try to get a little more gear or something because we're the second strongest dungeon healer. You can literally AFK for half of each pull.

Brewmaster is probably the worst thing I've healed. Their health bobbing up and down like an equalizer is incredibly unnerving, and pretty much no cooldowns to save themselves if they mess up. I have to basically follow them around with my stupid bubble beam after each pull while stagger keeps slicing their wrists open.

Windwalker definitely doesn't need to be nerfed, it's a hot/cold spec now. It has incredible AoE burst, but it ramps down rather quickly until the abilities are back up. Pretty middle of the pack on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    As a Mistweaver I would try to get a little more gear or something because we're the second strongest dungeon healer. You can literally AFK for half of each pull.
    Could also be groups I find myself in /shrug
    Brewmaster is probably the worst thing I've healed. Their health bobbing up and down like an equalizer is incredibly unnerving, and pretty much no cooldowns to save themselves if they mess up. I have to basically follow them around with my stupid bubble beam after each pull while stagger keeps slicing their wrists open.
    I was more speaking about playing one. Sure from a healing perspective it looks like an issue, but that's how BrM is meant to be played with this silly 35% mechanic that makes me feel like I should pop everything. Also baseline 7 minute CD on a major CD is ridiculous.
    Windwalker definitely doesn't need to be nerfed, it's a hot/cold spec now. It has incredible AoE burst, but it ramps down rather quickly until the abilities are back up. Pretty middle of the pack on bosses.
    I've had different experience, maybe it was just artifact progression + optimized gear, but I shouldn't be getting trashed my a WW on ST as a shadow priest when I'm pulling 260k without StM and they are doing 280k with a lower ilvl.

It's so nice that they talk about not touching class balance before the raids and sufficient evidence, EXCEPT nerfing monks and DHs. It's WOD start all over again. Monk nerfs in every single hotfix, here we come. The end is nigh, run for your lives!

ps.: <3 Bab

Oh look... "We like how things are... except for WW's (and their not so subtly-cloaked Havoc brethren) because we are proving to the small Monk community once again that we have no clue what we want to do with your class... Any spec"

But like Bruce Lee said most of us will just be water and continue to go with it...kinda sad though.
    Monk

"Always look ahead and above yourself. Always try to improve upon yourself. Always strive to elevate your craft." -- Jiro Ono

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon88 View Post
    Oh look... "We like how things are... except for WW's (and their not so subtly-cloaked Havoc brethren) because we are proving to the small Monk community once again that we have no clue what we want to do with your class... Any spec"

But like Bruce Lee said most of us will just be water and continue to go with it...kinda sad though.
    you are wrong my friend, i know best.

Deleted
    Why did we lost Water roll? such bullshit... and FSK doesn't work as well on the water anymore.

Deleted
    I skipped most of WoD because Windwalker was absolutely no fun for me... then Legion came around and I resubbed and wow, great stuff..we are okay at singletarget and masters at cleave..and now my greatest fear is approaching again, the Nerfs... Knowing Blizzard they will overdo it as they always did

I don't mind the SotW Nerf because it is a bit silly...but my previous experience with Blizz just tells me that they will also nerf FoF, SCK and WDP

Can't allow anyone but Mages and Rogues to be at the top after all.