Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

They managed to make Archaeology worse!

I'm surprised, after the introduction of Pristine's I thought we hit rock bottom. Apparently I was mistaken. Increasing the cost of common artifacts to 100-180 per piece might've done the trick. Especially coupled with scaling, which means all mobs are at max level have the full aggro range and damage/health pool.

So basically one gets to collect almost to full for each solve, hoping it'll be a pristine. While having to run through high level mobs who will go out their way to bother you as much and for as long as possible. I wonder what they'll come up with for it in the next expansion to make it even worse. Maybe bring the "Collect 20 of X" back.

Deleted
    My only gripes is that common solves can take as much as rares use too, had one in stormheim demon one, needed 180 to complete
    They also need to work on where dig sites appear, stormheim again, at one point had all three dig sites on top of free for all pvp world quests, not fun on a RP pve server. I picked pve server for a reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Did anyone PvP you?
    Yes, in two of the dig sites, ended up forming a group to take those camping people down
    And no, it's not a complaint, more of a hinderance that would be more suited to a server that people actually select to pvp

I'm actually happy with the changes in some aspects, and sad about others.

For example, 301 Tol'vir solves since Cata, and still no bug mount. So as far as the moose mount goes, I'm glad that I have an easier way to obtain it.

I am sad that I can only get 1 rare per 2 weeks (if I am understanding the system correctly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    I'm actually happy with the changes in some aspects, and sad about others.

For example, 301 Tol'vir solves since Cata, and still no bug mount. So as far as the moose mount goes, I'm glad that I have an easier way to obtain it.

I am sad that I can only get 1 rare per 2 weeks (if I am understanding the system correctly).
    that part I must admit I'm so glad with, went on a dry spell with tolvir , least now you guaranteed a rare, got the demon toy in current event. Think you are right it's once a fortnight

Do you only get rares with the quest? Or can you get a random as well? Saw one of my Artifact Skins are obtained by getting 8 rares from Arch, so decided to pick it up for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Do you only get rares with the quest? Or can you get a random as well? Saw one of my Artifact Skins are obtained by getting 8 rares from Arch, so decided to pick it up for the first time.
    At 110, Dariness the Learned will offer a special quest every two weeks. This quest will make you dig for several hours to complete the objective, and you will be rewarded with a rare-quality solve. There are no rare Legion solves from digsites; they are all through quests. If you keep on top of Archaeology it will take 16 weeks to unlock that Artifact Skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    At 110, Dariness the Learned will offer a special quest every two weeks. This quest will make you dig for several hours to complete the objective, and you will be rewarded with a rare-quality solve. There are no rare Legion solves from digsites; they are all through quests. If you keep on top of Archaeology it will take 16 weeks to unlock that Artifact Skin.
    Okey, thank you
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I leveled 700-800 an all of my solves are in stormheim and are demon ones. Havn't even unlocked the 2 other races. Not really fun

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    I leveled 700-800 an all of my solves are in stormheim and are demon ones. Havn't even unlocked the 2 other races. Not really fun
    That's because the archaeology-quest for these two weeks is in Stormheim, when it rotates out the digsites shift to another zone.

It's not so much being in one zone that makes Legion digsites annoying, it's that they can spawn in PvP-areas (even on PvE servers), and i have progress in one digsite completely blocked because the next fragment find is under the feet of a 9M hp elite giant, a stationary one, not a patrolling one, so i would need to form a group to be able to do one archaeology-fragment dig...

What's up with archaeology quest this week? I was sent to Bronzbeard in Stormheim, turned in quest and got no follow up.

Oh.. I am only doing this Arch shit because of that Artifact skin, and this week I didn't even get a rare item from the quest. Just 450 AP.. Was hoping it was a guaranteed Rare every 2nd week, which would then provide me with a skin after 16 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That's because the archaeology-quest for these two weeks is in Stormheim, when it rotates out the digsites shift to another zone.

It's not so much being in one zone that makes Legion digsites annoying, it's that they can spawn in PvP-areas (even on PvE servers), and i have progress in one digsite completely blocked because the next fragment find is under the feet of a 9M hp elite giant, a stationary one, not a patrolling one, so i would need to form a group to be able to do one archaeology-fragment dig...
    I got Stormheim again this week, so Stormheim have been the only zone so far for me. Might be because I only got 150 skill in Arch?

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I got Stormheim again this week, so Stormheim have been the only zone so far for me. Might be because I only got 150 skill in Arch?
    Supposedly, it changes every TWO weeks.

Since today's reset is the start of the next TWO weeks, I'm hoping it moves to Highmountain, because I want that ghost moose mount.

I wonder if my progress (what little it was; 40-ish War of the Ancient fragments out of 200) will be retained when Stormheim comes up again.

this azsuna quest wants me to create 25 projects? what kinda bullshit is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have three digsites up, all in Stormheim. All of them say "You can't use that here" when I try to survey. This started about two days ago - prior to that I was able to do surveys and dig up artifacts without a problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Supposedly, it changes every TWO weeks.

Since today's reset is the start of the next TWO weeks, I'm hoping it moves to Highmountain, because I want that ghost moose mount.

I wonder if my progress (what little it was; 40-ish War of the Ancient fragments out of 200) will be retained when Stormheim comes up again.
    This is such bullshit. They didn't warn us anywhere in the game about this being a biweekly quest. If I knew it was on a timer I would have hurried and finished it. And it is tied to an artifact appearance? The quest was gold not blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I have three digsites up, all in Stormheim. All of them say "You can't use that here" when I try to survey. This started about two days ago - prior to that I was able to do surveys and dig up artifacts without a problem.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Okay. When the current archaeology quest expires, the digsites still appear on your zone map, but you get the "can't use that here" error if you try.

When you go to Dalaran and pick up the breadcrumb for the *new* quest, your world/zone maps will update with the new digsite locations in Aszuna. There is nothing in the quest dialog or text that tells you when these quests expire, unfortunately. I've heard one week, I've heard two weeks, who the feck knows. Suggest doing it within the first few days to be safe, because my digsites became unusable two days ago, *before* today's reset, so I don't think the quest timer respects Tuesday resets, it's counting down from something else.

I don't remember what day I took the original Stormheim arch quest, but I think I had it in my log about a week before the digsites stopped responding. I had about half the shards it wanted so we'll see if I still have credit for those when Stormheim rolls around again.

TLDR; If your digsites in Stormheim are broken, go to Dalaran and get the new Aszuna quest and finish it within a week.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    this azsuna quest wants me to create 25 projects? what kinda bullshit is that?
    Seriously? That's pretty insane. The Stormheim one only took 10ish dig sites to get 200 fragments. 25 projects will take dozens.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pristine artifacts need to go. Seriously.
    Also 180 fragments for a Restored Artifact is absurd. It became a chore even bigger than fishing.

The Azuna quest might not be too bad, but it depends greatly on luck. Most of the artifacts only take 35 to 50 fragments to solve which goes by fairly quickly. There's at least one that requires 120, though, which takes more than one digsite to complete. If you end up getting that one a lot it seems like it will take forever. I've done some digging for half an hour and got 7 already, that's an okay pace.