Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Like I said above, let me re-phrase that it can't be contagious, to, odds are if she has bacterial, more than likely she wasn't infecting anyone even before she was diagnosed and started taking medication.

As for infecting her staffers can you link what you were referring to? I can only find 1 article and it's from a not so trustworthy source, and even the details in it don't really seem coherent.
    The closest thing to a trustworthy source that covered it is People magazine which, I grant, isn't the highest quality publication out there.

http://www.people.com/article/hillar...sick-pneumonia
    At least half a dozen senior staff were felled, including campaign manager Robby Mook. Two top advisers even needed emergency medical treatment, the source says. One top adviser diagnosed at a Brooklyn urgent-care center with a respiratory infection was being treated with antibiotics in the days before Clinton's diagnosis. Another top adviser was taken by ambulance to the ER by ambulance after collapsing from what turned out to be severe dehydration, the source said.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The word means what people generally understand it to mean. That's how language works. In this case, it's so well established that we don't even have to rely on the connotations of the word, since it's actually been codified definitionally to mean more than "fear of homosexual people."
    Phobia is actually better established given it has more than 10 years of history on tumblr plus psychological research backing and DSM/APA standards behind it.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My point is that I've got plenty you can look at to demonstrate that I'm not a troll, and that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Oh my...did you not read what I said? I NEVER ACCUSED YOU OF BEING A TROLL. That's all you. Wow...just wow.

I wonder how much Correct the Record is paying google to Correct reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Marriage isn't a "right". Even if you considered it a "right", both heterosexuals and homosexuals can neither engage in such an act. Thus they share the same "right" or in this case the lack of.
    Instead of fringe groups fighting for the "rights" for everyone or everything they pick favorites. That is where they make their mistakes. If they were more inclusive they may get more "rights" for everyone not just for themselves.
    Umm, Yes it is. The supreme court has deemed it a right in 15 cases now. http://afer.org/blog/14-supreme-cour...amental-right/ From 1888 til the one that legalized gay marriage.

Jesus christ this thread is exactly what is wrong with the political system right now. This is a hillary clinton thread and instead of discussing clinton policies we have people bickering about the definition of homophobia lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    That's odd. Do the dictionary people even know what phobia means?
    homophobia
    [hoh-muh-foh-bee-uh]
    noun
    unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phobia is actually better established given it has more than 10 years of history on tumblr plus psychological research backing and DSM/APA standards behind it.
    Homophobia has quite a lot more than 10 years on Tumblr. It's a phrase I've heard basically my whole life.

And it doesn't matter, unless you don't think words can change. Gay mean "happy" far longer than it has meant "homosexual," after all.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Homophobia has quite a lot more than 10 years on Tumblr. It's a phrase I've heard basically my whole life.
    Ah, then it must be a logical and accurate use of those words...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Oh my...did you not read what I said? I NEVER ACCUSED YOU OF BEING A TROLL. That's all you. Wow...just wow.
    If that wasn't your implication, what was?

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Jesus christ this thread is exactly what is wrong with the political system right now. This is a hillary clinton thread and instead of discussing clinton policies we have people bickering about the definition of homophobia lol.
    Some people are just bigoted I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

Same thing happens with "Donald Trumps he"

10+ Year Old Account
    Being anti-gay isn't necessarily homophobic to begin with, that's your problem.
    Should I have just used the word bigoted instead? Since we seems to be getting hung up on homophobic?

Not that make it any better for the purposes of the original statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny, when I type in that phrase google suggests health problems, health video.

Not sure why people post things so easily debunked. Also, aren't suggested searches tailored based on your browsing history and the like -- IE locally generated not universal for all users?

Google filters out controversy. This has been covered many times, even in this thread I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    You know if it's bacterial pneumonia it isn't contagious right? Only if it was viral pneumonia would it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    So Hillary has bacterial pneumonia, and decides to hang out with small children including her infant grandchild. At what point do you call bullshit?
    I think if she's been taking anitbiotics she's probably not contagious either. I think Hillary's a pretty awful person, but there's nothing to make me think that she'd do anything to endanger her grandchildren, or anyone else's children either.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think if she's been taking anitbiotics she's probably not contagious either. I think Hillary's a pretty awful person, but there's nothing to make me think that she'd do anything to endanger her grandchildren, or anyone else's children either.
    Me either. That is why it's an obvious lie that she had pneumonia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Seems to be the first time Republicans have expressed concerns about Womens' Health.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Me either. That is why it's an obvious lie that she had pneumonia.
    Or, like I said, her doctor told her that she's not contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Should I have just used the word bigoted instead? Since we seems to be getting hung up on homophobic?

Not that make it any better for the purposes of the original statement.
    How about just anti-gay? It's even less syllables!