Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    So I ask you guys this simple question: What the fuck is wrong with having choices on how to tackle content?
    because having that option undermines the game design. you can still travel to normal and heroic instances, you think anyone is actually doing that "option"? finding your own group and traveling to the dungeon used to be a thing. I think they are just trying to keep it real. dont point the finger at blizz because you think you dont have time for that.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well I didn't take days off for the mop release so I wasn't 100 the night of the release but I doubt me taking an afternoon more to level made any difference. I certainly remember huge pulls from the beginning and no noteworthy punishing mechanics. The clientele in lfr obviously also always did a rather decent job showing why you those didn't work.

nt
    I want to chime in as someone who was there at MoP launch and hit cap pretty close to launch (IIRC, I did it either same day, or the next day): I can confirm your experience. People were pretty much chain pulling heroics. Nothing was overly difficult. Definitely easier than Cata heroics, of course, and I'd say they were even easier than WOTLK's heroics even when people overgeared them.

Off the top of my head, the only times I remember anyone having ANY problems in MoP heroics early on was that giant bug boss at the end of that one who's name I forget, (was it something of the setting sun or something, or was that a different one?) where you had to launch yourself out of a cannon to attack it's weak point or whatever. Some people early on didn't know you had to do that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I've very much enjoyed the new system. I have formed my own groups, mostly - it's much easier that way. I don't ask for achievements, and I personally have never been asked for one. I've done two full 8/8 clears on a resto druid and a blood DK. People have been 99% polite and relaxed. I think the really toxic players come in when you start making it an LFD. I didn't make outrageous level requirements - asking for 820 people and had no problems clearing any of them. We had to read the dungeon guide here and there, and wiped a few times, but it was no big deal.

EDIT: The only thing I've noticed is a LOT of people in 840 gear doing absolute sh*T dps. We're talking less than 100k on bosses.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    fuck that. Everything should have an option to be queued for.

They are, within the context of the game. Which is why there is complaints.
    Perhaps MMO's are not the correct genre for you. Have you tried MOBAS or FPS?

7+ Year Old Account
    The only group I've seen asking for achievements is for the Suramar dungeons which you need the achievements or else you cannot even zone into the instance I believe. If you are 835+ no one will give a shit whether you've cleared 0 of the mythic dungeons since you overgear the fight anyway and people did mythic dungeons in the first week without prior experience.

Honestly, only leveling content should be queuable, and only when you get the quest that unlock that dungeon.

As much as I use LFD for various reasons, doing content with 4 strangers you will most likely never talk to ever again is not really a great MMO experience compared to do them in guild groups or server groups.

But it's too late for that obviously, but the LFD and LFR are turning this game into a solo game, and I'm really not sure that's an improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Get over your distaste of getting turned down for groups.

Just spam the shit out of applying. It's not a career job, it's an off-shoot vid store clerk job.

If you do decent dps, post that in your notes. If you are healing, say you know how fights go, ditto tanks. Notes make a marked difference.
    "Not your daily demon hunter" does the trick for me :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaterz 88 View Post
    because having that option undermines the game design. you can still travel to normal and heroic instances, you think anyone is actually doing that "option"? finding your own group and traveling to the dungeon used to be a thing. I think they are just trying to keep it real. dont point the finger at blizz because you think you dont have time for that.
    1. It only undermines (I really doubt you can even prove this tbh, but have fun. Personal opinion does not equate to fact) by your ideals.

2. Yes, I am a lazy fucker and like teleporting to dungeons and think even with the group finder, teleporting to the dungeon should still be a things. I'm sorry I hate regressing back to outdated MMO designs and you guys like poking your own eyes out.

And yes, its totally Blizzards fault for regressing the design to begin with. I'll point my goddamn finger as much as I want and still do.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I'm glad there's no automated group finder for mythic.

Sure, it might take a few minutes to find a group on off-peak hours as a DPS,
    but it does not take that long.

Most of the groups in HC (LFG-tool) barely speak at all,
    while most of the groups I group up with to do mythics actually socialize.

I'm going to be very sad the day they implement the automated group-finder for all content (or even all 5-man content).

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Honestly, only leveling content should be queuable, and only when you get the quest that unlock that dungeon.

As much as I use LFD for various reasons, doing content with 4 strangers you will most likely never talk to ever again is not really a great MMO experience compared to do them in guild groups or server groups.

But it's too late for that obviously, but the LFD and LFR are turning this game into a solo game, and I'm really not sure that's an improvement.
    Just do what I do. Don't buy Legion. Refuse to give them money until they remove LFR LFD phasing, sharding, Suramar, and bring back global chat and fix the in game community. The game is pointless as currently constructed if you want a multiplayer online game.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Just do what I do. Don't buy Legion. Refuse to give them money until they remove LFR LFD phasing, sharding, Suramar, and bring back global chat and fix the in game community. The game is pointless as currently constructed if you want a multiplayer online game.
    Playing in queued content is the same thing as multiplayer. Don't be asinine. Why does that argument only apply to MMO's but no other genre? I guess Overwatch, Halo, Call of Duty, or whatever aren't multiplayer because they have matchmaking. THOSE PEOPLE COULD JUST BE BOTS! ARGUMENT HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Playing in queued content is the same thing as multiplayer. Don't be asinine. Why does that argument only apply to MMO's but no other genre? I guess Overwatch, Halo, Call of Duty, or whatever aren't multiplayer because they have matchmaking. THOSE PEOPLE COULD JUST BE BOTS! ARGUMENT HERE!
    I played in Vanilla and Burning Crusade and I played D2 and Starcraft and, let me tell you, without QUESTION, the core appeal of Blizzard games is (was) the strong social tools. Legion is barely recognizable as a Blizzard game, and I have no interest in playing it. It offers NOTHING of what first attracted me to Blizzard games. Absolutely NOTHING.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I played in Vanilla and Burning Crusade and I played D2 and Starcraft and, let me tell you, without QUESTION, the core appeal of Blizzard games is (was) the strong social tools. Legion is barely recognizable as a Blizzard game, and I have no interest in playing it. It offers NOTHING of what first attracted me to Blizzard games. Absolutely NOTHING.
    It not being what drew you to it doesn't make it not a multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You refuse to be social but you play a MMO. Go figure.
    And has almost 10k posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not so sure thats the case.
    It does feel that way. Cata heroics were much harder than mythics. But Blizz is also handing out gear like candy on Halloween so maybe we are overgearing faster.
    "Peace is a lie"

oh fuck pls... mythics are a lil bit harder than heroics were normally

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm curious, when you join a Mythic through Group finder. Do you get to know each and every one of the people you are running with? Do you all share battlenet IDs and stop by each other's houses for BBQ on the weekends? I did a chunk of Mythic runs at the end of WoD and it was just like LFD. No one spoke the whole run, outside of the basics "interrupt skull, kill adds"

So I want to know more about the socializing you are apparently doing in your runs and how I can get some of that. I love BBQ
    Higher chance of making friends than automated matchmaking has.
    You also have to manually run to the dungeon and summon, as well as the ability to run multiple dungeons with them more easily, which is what generally happens.
    It makes the game feel like an actual world/mmo and not a lobby based game.

Stop trying to turn the game into a lobby game, please and thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I would prefer Mythic being part of the Dungeon Finder, and Mythic+ requiring a pre-made. The time it takes to put a group together is kind of a drag.
    Takes me less than 5 minutes to set up for mythics and I've done them two weeks in a row now, weird.
    Perhaps try making friends or joining a guild?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And then create content for the budget that would be left, since that'd remove the vast majority of the population
    The population wanting everything handed to them on a silver platter and everything queueable shouldn't even be playing a MMO in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    That's just sad really. Mythics aren't that hard, and you want him to basically ask for people already geared in mythic gear? ilvl crowd is so detrimental to this game.
    You can reach i835 without stepping into a mythic as the poster claims. So it's not necessarily demanding people already be mythically geared. Also why is it wrong to want to do a dungeon with people equally geared. How far should people be willing to carry others. A person can be i835 and still have upgrades to 2/3 of their slots from mythics. If i'm i835 should I let in i810, i815s that will make the run extremely hard and cost me a hefty repair bill? If there's lots of other i835s that want into my group, why not take them.

Let all the i820s do mythics togehter, the 830s together, and the 840s together. Your idea that well geared people should be forced to carry lesser geared people is ridiculous in my mind. Everyone that is geared, was at one point lower geared, and had to have runs struggle with a lesser geared group. If we have better gear, I see nothing wrong with wanting to group up with others of similar gear. Whenever I'm looking for a group in the group finder, I try to find a group for the dungeon I want to get into with the highest gear requirement I meet, as I know I will have a far better experience in a group accepting only i835+ vs one accepting i810+

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    You should try pugging a Mythic as a Shadow Priest, now that's fun. :P
    I haven't had a problem doing so.

OT: Make your own group as others have said, or just keep trying. I play a class that is knows to be absolutely terrible as trash on dungeons yet was getting into mythic groups just fine at 834 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Heaterz 88 View Post
    Just a couple days ago I traveled to a heroic to zone in manually, as one of the guildees in my group was only i802, and we couldn't que. Sad thing was he did better dps that run than 3/4 of LFG runs.