Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

A lot of the world quests are rehashed from the leveling experience

The quest in Val'sharah where you are a wisp. Quests where you have to kill moonkin or sprites in Val'sharah. Harpies in Highmountain. I just did a quest in Highmountain where the Wardens told me to "kill" Arru, the bear. I already did that quest in the zone when I was leveling up! The Tauren there even said, after you bring Arru down to 50%, that he won't be a threat anymore, and instead will be a great aid. Well that didn't last long. Never trust a bear. I really don't want to do that quest again, when I already did it leveling up. And there are so many that we already did as quests in the zones while leveling up. I want something new at max level.

I thought world quests were gonna be new content. Not the same quests we did leveling up. Only a handful of quests are new.

And some are just lazy in general, like fishing 10 fish. Come on. And then the PvP world quests are, as far as I can see, the same quest. No matter in which location it is, it's always a 100% bar with killing a guard on top of the tower. A lot of the voice acting is the same, too, like what Genn says or the Warden.

And a lot of the quests are just 100% bar quests. That is just like the apexis dailies in WoD.
    Last edited by mmoc0d7ec07766; 2016-09-12 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    The quest in Val'sharah where you are a wisp. Quests where you have to kill moonkin or sprites in Val'sharah. Harpies in Highmountain. There are so many that we already did as quests in the zones while leveling up.

I thought world quests were gonna be new content. Not the same quests we did leveling up. Only a handful of quests are new.

And some are just lazy in general, like fishing 10 fish. Come on. And then the PvP world quests are, as far as I can see, the same quest. No matter in which location it is, it's always a 100% bar with killing a guard on top of the tower. A lot of the voice acting is the same, too, like what Genn says or the Warden.

And a lot of the quests are just 100% bar quests. That is just like the apexis dailies in WoD.
    I fail to see why you're complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    I fail to see why you're complaining.
    Did you read what I wrote? They're reusing quests from leveling up as world quests at max level. When we did daily quests in Mists of Pandaria, it wasn't the case that 50% of the dailies were the same quests we did while leveling up. Reusing the same quest is not new content.

What's wrong with it? It's not horrible, a lot of it still makes sense that you'll need to go back and help some more

Deleted
    Ye, World quests are just dailies that you don't need to pick up, and give extremely good rewards for minimal effort.

Hmm, I'm not even max level yet, maybe I should unsub now.

Did you seriously expect an endless amount of additional content at level 110 of brand new quests that will last the rest of the expansion?

If so, lmao'n at you my dude.

...and most daily quests (from which WQs derived) were repeats of leveling quests as well. The difference is instead of the quest being in one centralized location, you have the option to do many of them spread out across the Broken Isles. I personally prefer these types of quests since it gives me an incentive to go out and do different things rather than slay the same 12 fucking murlocs every day for 37 weeks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynos View Post
    Hmm, I'm not even max level yet, maybe I should unsub now.
    Hey, that's a pretty good idea. Go ahead and do that.

Eh, I always found it disappointing how we'd go help in an area, yet never return to help more despite seeing attacks and shit still going on. I don't mind that SOME of the world quests are "rehashed", nor do I mind the sweet rewards for actually being out in the world.

But I guess people are just grasping at straws for the sake of complaining right now...

Also, has anyone else noticed this influx of people with low post counts that are suddenly busy busy busy trying to paint Legion in a bad light...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    Did you read what I wrote? They're reusing quests from leveling up as world quests at max level. When we did daily quests in Mists of Pandaria, it wasn't the case that 50% of the dailies were the same quests we did while leveling up. Reusing the same quest is not new content.
    Word for word. Still fail to see why you complain. Nobody does quests for how unique they are. You got excellent artifact quests in the beginning, you get an even more excellent class hall campaign line of quests. Why do you need brand new, different world quests for something that's intended to be a quick completion for a significant reward once every day to every three days?

Sounds like you're searching for something to complain about, a la mmo-c.

Some are and some are more creative. Take for example The Kirin tor Emissary WQs. it's not like you are doing the same quests every single day

Deleted
    Personally I love what they've done with world quests.They don't get boring as quickly and they have the added benefit of making levelling alts easier too. I can level an alt and still see plenty of people in each zone, doing (largely) the same quests I am which speeds the process up tremendously, especially on mob kill quests.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Eh, I always found it disappointing how we'd go help in an area, yet never return to help more despite seeing attacks and shit still going on. I don't mind that SOME of the world quests are "rehashed", nor do I mind the sweet rewards for actually being out in the world.

But I guess people are just grasping at straws for the sake of complaining right now...

Also, has anyone else noticed this influx of people with low post counts that are suddenly busy busy busy trying to paint Legion in a bad light...?
    I've been doing my best to keep the positivity! Even though I play on a server where it has been locked behind 2 1/2hr ques, when I DO get to play it has been quite amazing.

Deleted
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

In other news water is wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see why it matters. Most of the world quests have just a tiny snippet of info as to why you're doing them; they're not part of an actual storyline or anything. It's not really a big deal if they make you kill the same ten harpies you had to kill for one leveling quest instead of ten tauren in a nearby area or something.

Deleted
    While yes, World Quests aren't all completely new, and most that are, are pretty interchangable, it still beats knocking out the mostly same 25+ quests every day for a month to get exalted with factions (and when you were done with that you never looked at them again. "Aargh nothing to do!").
    Add to that Legion seems to actually have more quests in total, it makes things more varied. Though I did wish quests you missed/left out during levelling in the world somehow scaled to your current power level (as once you start hitting 110 dungeons most quest rewards are worthless unless you're an enchanter; though I'm sure there would have been some way to abuse that for more "optimal" progression, which is why they don't. At least it's still rep and progress towards the Flying Meta.
    Heck, I've been max level since Sep 2nd or so and I still haven't felt I had the time to polish off all of those quests.

Its the diablo3 system, bounties and all copied 1 to 1 and they seem to work very well.

whats the problem with recycling a quest that we have done once while levels. at the end of the day

do a brand new world quest designed only for world questing. completed 100 times.
    do a world quest that was recycled from a leveling quest. completed 101 times

WOOPDEEFUCKINGDOO

try harder to find something to complain about because it is getting sad how far people are reaching in order to be the victimized subscriber.

Dedicated content for world quests means resources needed to do that.
    Being something out in the WORLD, why would it not use things already there in said world.
    This looks like just another one of the "I can complain too" threads.

If there was dedicated content for those world quests, then someone would immediately claim it "cost us a raid tier", or some other overused statement.
    Oh, just like "Rehashed" I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.