Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Honestly, only leveling content should be queuable, and only when you get the quest that unlock that dungeon.

As much as I use LFD for various reasons, doing content with 4 strangers you will most likely never talk to ever again is not really a great MMO experience compared to do them in guild groups or server groups.

But it's too late for that obviously, but the LFD and LFR are turning this game into a solo game, and I'm really not sure that's an improvement.
    Agreed. Hopefully we continue to get content you cannot queue for that's more rewarding and harder than queueable content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    1. It only undermines (I really doubt you can even prove this tbh, but have fun. Personal opinion does not equate to fact) by your ideals.

2. Yes, I am a lazy fucker and like teleporting to dungeons and think even with the group finder, teleporting to the dungeon should still be a things. I'm sorry I hate regressing back to outdated MMO designs and you guys like poking your own eyes out.

And yes, its totally Blizzards fault for regressing the design to begin with. I'll point my goddamn finger as much as I want and still do.
    I think the MMO genre might not be right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Agreed. Hopefully we continue to get content you cannot queue for that's more rewarding and harder than queueable content.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the MMO genre might not be right for you.
    At least in so far as WoW as concerned, having those ideals pretty much just means only a pittance handful of features are going to be off the table. I really wish people would stop acting like they're "playing the wrong game" or something, because, clearly, 90% of the rest of the content caters toward that. You can't just stand there and pretend it doesn't exist. (Though, judging by your general tone in this thread, you're clearly biased toward one way of thinking.)

Deleted
    Mythics are piss easy, did them with multiple groups and alts in our guild at 800-805 ilvl..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    You think too much lol, i puged as a tank with 807ilvl and cleared with no problem without knowing tactics, already cleared 5 mythic with low gear and random pugs, mythics are like heroics before

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaterz 88 View Post
    because having that option undermines the game design. you can still travel to normal and heroic instances, you think anyone is actually doing that "option"? finding your own group and traveling to the dungeon used to be a thing. I think they are just trying to keep it real. dont point the finger at blizz because you think you dont have time for that.
    I find the opinion expressed above to be particular revealing. Basically "people" would prefer a far more social experience, indeed they profess it's essential to being an mmo but those same people claim they (and everyone else) would drop it in a minute if you gave them any convenience. Tell me again how awesome being social and running to the dungeon is?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post

And yes, its totally Blizzards fault for regressing the design to begin with. I'll point my goddamn finger as much as I want and still do.
    This is the core of the issue here. The developers have embraced fundamentally regressive design. They want to wind the clock but they know they can't do it whole so (just like they did with flying) the compromise will effectively kill dungeon finding but they can point to it being around in limited form and say look we sitll offered it...

- - - Updated - - -

Higher chance of making friends than automated matchmaking has.
    I don't think this is the case necesarilly. I'd love to know the data that backs this up. Not romanticism about back in the day...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    If you were able to read my second post genius, you'd see I didn't know what the rewards were. Regardless, the suramar questline leads me to doing mythic court of stars and arcway. So.......but I guess that's optional too right? Like everything else in the game?
    Is the story gating you being able to play your character?
    No?
    Optional.

Takes me less than 5 minutes to set up for mythics and I've done them two weeks in a row now, weird.
    Perhaps try making friends or joining a guild?
    I play in a guild of a few thousand people, and a raid team of 25+. Lockouts are the problem, not finding people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I play in a guild of a few thousand people, and a raid team of 25+. Lockouts are the problem, not finding people.
    Not a problem once mythic+ releases.
    I also help friends sometimes, they easily pug dungeons in 5 minutes though, as DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I don't think this is the case necesarilly. I'd love to know the data that backs this up. Not romanticism about back in the day...
    While individual anecdotes aren't hard proof, I've never had anyone ask to be on my friends list from a random heroic run, I've had over a dozen people ask to be on my friends list due to running group finder mythics.

I Agree This expansion is absolutely Horrible when it comes to mythics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    While individual anecdotes aren't hard proof, I've never had anyone ask to be on my friends list from a random heroic run, I've had over a dozen people ask to be on my friends list due to running group finder mythics.
    I had the exact opposite experience. I met players on the same server as I in a random run and I've played with them since Wotlk.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

So, I decided to host my own group earlier, first time in the entire history of my playing the game, which is since 2007, that I ever did such a thing, to pug Court of Stars. First time there, first time ever in a mythic.

I posted my group like this:

Title: Newbie Court of Stars Group

Description: This is for people who have not done this mythic, or would like to help those who haven't. Bring positive attitudes and be nice! NOTE: NEED TO BE ATTUNED TO DO THIS DUNGEON

Everything filled up in less than 15 minutes or so. Set the minimum ilvl to 825.

Everything went surprisingly fine. No one was mean (Which was my biggest fear), no one was really talkative though, and overall, I'd say it was a little less difficult than a Cata heroic. CC isn't really needed much, but some interupts were, which went fine. No one died! At the very least, I can't see any reason why that dungeon in particular couldn't be in LFD (I can't vouch for any others, as I haven't done them).

Until the system changes, though, AT THE VERY LEAST, for that one particular mythic, I'd say, try hosting your own and being upfront about what you're going for, and things SHOULD go okay. I'm a total coward who's super afraid of messing things up and getting yelled at, and I honestly think that's the number one reason keeping people from trying to do these themselves, the getting yelled at part. But if you're just upfront about it, it's probably going to mitigate things a whole lot. At least it did in this instance. I'll probably try Arcway soon in a similar fashion, and we'll see how that goes. I'll report back!

tl;dr: I know there's people like me out there who like and play this game who have severe social anxiety. Just try your best to push through it and attempt it. I know it sucks, trust me. I know more than most! Just be honest and upfront, and usually, things will work out.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP if you want queue go play MOBA or FPS.

there's still no reason to gate it behind mythics. Remember the outrage in WoD due to there being mythic-only "lore" such as cho'gall in highmaul? Dumb to say it's optional as that's clearly not mine nor anyone elses point. Please stop
    Youtube the lore?
    Google it?
    No character advantage, Purely optional.

Stop being greedy and wanting everything for 0 effort.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I'm 845 with only one mythic done. I avoid it as much as possible due to mythic playerbase being generally unpleasant. Since generally the players are just as bad as any other pve'er but they devote so much time to farming mythics that they tend to have a toxic self-importance. It reminds me of pvp duellists who think they are gods because they grinded up to 2200 rating with a fotm comp.

One reason Legion has been so good is that the RNG gearing system means it's possible to get some very nice gear without having to do pve content that the vast majority of the playerbase has no interest in. They're learning.
    are u sure about what u are writing here? Mythics are like oh no idea who this boss work, we wipe once or twice at this boss band a few times an trashpulls with adds we diddnt know exactly, but for average skilled players its a breeze to walk in and clear the instance within 30-40 minutes on average. I bet its your pvp friends that are so shitty that doing one mythic with them takes several hours

I dont know what u think takes skill in this game, but current state of pvp (you win if tankspec) is not very skillful...

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    OP if you want queue go play MOBA or FPS.
    You literally can queue for almost everything else. This makes no sense to say and I wish people would stop saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki
    When exactly has this not been the case?

Deleted
    there's still no reason to gate it behind mythics. Remember the outrage in WoD due to there being mythic-only "lore" such as cho'gall in highmaul? Dumb to say it's optional as that's clearly not mine nor anyone elses point. Please stop
    This quest is only for weapon tmog... Also for M only phases and such, its a reward high end players will see in advance of rest of playerbase. You have heard a word "Reward". Any half decent reward should require atleast a bit of a work. Get your lazy ass up, the world is yours.

This is same kind of stupidity as whining for specific weapon skin only available in normal/hc/mythic. Whining for the sake of whining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    You literally can queue for almost everything else. This makes no sense to say and I wish people would stop saying it.
    Yes you can queue for almost everything, why cant some things not be?

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Yes you can queue for almost everything, why cant some things not be?
    I wasn't really trying to make a statement for or against queuing. I was just pointing out that it's a silly thing that the guy said in regards to it because, as said, you can queue for almost everything.