Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    In Legion, each level in WoD takes on average slightly more than 2 hours, that is 22 hours to get to the actual content, more than a week of playing. That is approx. four times as much as MoP. It seems it was made artificially long for selling level 100 boosts, which upsets me. They should've just reduce the experience needed by 30% as with all the other expansions.
    Without trying to insult you, I'd like to ask what actually took this long? Was it maneuvering around the map, or killing quest mobs at a slow pace? Did you do a lot of Garrison stuff? While it's perfectly fine for it not to take 3 hours, 2 hours per level is definitely not normal. There are probably a few pointers people can give you to make it easier next time if you ever level another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Was it maneuvering around the map, or killing quest mobs at a slow pace? Did you do a lot of Garrison stuff?
    I used my ground mount and quest gear, and sent out the followers once or twice per day. What is a "slow pace" for you?

Even with heirlooms, 22 hours are just 12, which is still bad.

In Legion, each level in WoD takes on average slightly more than 2 hours, that is 22 hours to get to the actual content, more than a week of playing. That is approx. four times as much as MoP. It seems it was made artificially long for selling level 100 boosts, which upsets me. They should've just reduce the experience needed by 30% as with all the other expansions.
    Some people actually enjoy the longer leveling time. If it upsets you that much, you can get the 20% XP potion boost from your Garrison.

As for selling 100 boost, some just like making conspiracy theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Dude, your spitting out garbage, saying that, really? First you CRY ON A FORUM, that lvl'ing takes 22 hours for god knows what reason. When people state YOU CAN DO IT IN 2 HOURS, if you ''cheese'' or you can quest properly and use 8-10 hours. Cant you just shut the f up? Your comming with nothing productive as of right now, your only boosting your post count, and getting that closer to banned. Be productive, come with a decent reason for a post, or just dont post at all. Do us all that favor. douche
    what the fuck are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Really? Any non-DH can jump into Legion at 98, like we could with TBC/WotLK? I had no idea, but that's great news! Not that I'm going to level sub-100 alts any time soon, but still
    Yep. You can even have your artifact and everything at 98. I feel this info hasn't been put out there enough, and I'm really glad they've returned to the "begin expansion x8" method they used to do.

The only way to level quickly in WoD content is to do all the Bonus Objects - 1 mob or interaction, pop an elixir and then go back and finish them all.

Deleted
    Leveling is too fast nowadays. Back in the day it took ages to level up and thats the way it should still be.

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    The only way to level quickly in WoD content is to do all the Bonus Objects - 1 mob or interaction, pop an elixir and then go back and finish them all.
    But that is bullshit, we should be able to level normally without these shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Yep. You can even have your artifact and everything at 98. I feel this info hasn't been put out there enough, and I'm really glad they've returned to the "begin expansion x8" method they used to do.
    Ah, wonderful! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

WoD leveling is taking significantly less time than MoP. You can switch to Legion content at 98, and just flying to the bonus areas will get you to 98 in less than four, very likely three, hours in full heirlooms with the garrisson exp potion.

But that is bullshit, we should be able to level normally without these shenanigans.
    Hey bub, the rest of us are busy with legion and you are bitching about the previous exp? WTF is your problem?

To be honest, leveling without flying, heirlooms or xp pots and given the person is newish to the game... Leveling through 1-100 is terrible with the amount of time needed to put into it before you get to actual new current content. Theres a reason you get a free 100 boost with a legion purchase, and its not just to attract new players.. its so they actually stay and not be bored out of their mind grinding pointless content thats irrelevant to end game.

I am so glad I will never have to level through MoP or WoD ever again, because it sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's actually pretty fast considering treasures give you levels as well as bonus objectives. Quest in general give you about 3-5% of your level per. Just put on some music and speed through it. The only slow part is the beginning with the garrison crap, but after that, go to a new zone every 2 levels, get outta there at 98. Dungeon runs are not that bad either, always be in a queue for them if you are DPS. If you can, save up alot of rested EXP on the toon you're taking through WoD content as you play around with other characters. Makes it a little faster. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    To be honest, leveling without flying, heirlooms or xp pots and given the person is newish to the game... Leveling through 1-100 is terrible with the amount of time needed to put into it before you get to actual new current content. Theres a reason you get a free 100 boost with a legion purchase, and its not just to attract new players.. its so they actually stay and not be bored out of their mind grinding pointless content thats irrelevant to end game.

I am so glad I will never have to level through MoP or WoD ever again, because it sucks.
    Even then, it's mostly the new to the game thing.

I leveled really casually with a ground mount and no looms when WoD was released, and it was about 12 hours to cap, taking my time, doing professions and side quests along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    iunno how you level up, but you seem todo it wrong when you need THAT long
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    It's actually pretty fast considering treasures give you levels as well as bonus objectives
    i am sure you'll lose more than 2 hours while navigating and jumping to all retarded places the WoD treasures are.