Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Arteis posted before that the dead sheep point to a sunken forsaken ship with another set of doodads shape like Aluneth:

Do you have coords to any of this stuff? I can do some hunting tonight

Edit: "Thinking with Portals: A Memorandum on Proper Portal Usage" words that rule differently. It says: Rule #4: Do not have someone who is polymorphed enter a portal. This has yet to not cause an explosion. This is also covered in "Polymorphic Rules & Regulations."

Can anyone check if they can set up using their own portal while polymorphed? By another player (is it possible to do it without triggering combat) or perhaps an NPC?
    I was literally just typing this up exactly at the same time you edited it in. I think we should try something along those lines. I also remembered another "walk through to activate" portal in stormheim. The portal that sends you to helheim. Maybe sheep a player near it and get them through it. Could use a priest to grip through or just hope they wander in while sheeped?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvermorny View Post
    Do you have coords to any of this stuff? I can do some hunting tonight
    The easiest way to find it is to go to the N in "HIGHMOUNTAIN" when you have the broken isles map open. It's in the great sea technically, so at least my addon doesn't give me coords.

Deleted
    Hey guys!

I have tried this thing: cast portal to Dalaran, duel with warrior, sheeped him, use Illusion spell on him(so I became sheep) and clicked on the portal. Unfortunately nothing happened

Quote Originally Posted by Arteis View Post
    I was literally just typing this up exactly at the same time you edited it in. I think we should try something along those lines. I also remembered another "walk through to activate" portal in stormheim. The portal that sends you to helheim. Maybe sheep a player near it and get them through it. Could use a priest to grip through or just hope they wander in while sheeped?
    That's a good idea! Definitely worth a try, although with the one in Halls of Valor not working I have some doubts.

It's more likely this is a player ability interaction or a vignette that's hidden somewhere, and not necessarily a "portal" in the game mechanics sense (otherwise a dungeon portal might be worth a shot too). I think we have to think "mage" portals in the end.

Edit: Or a Legion portal, why not? Perhaps we can blow one up with a botched polymorph, and that draws the attention of Cote Metcalf, the master of weaponized sheep? :P
    Last edited by Coconut; 2016-09-12 at 10:34 PM.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Chatbott View Post
    Things you might want to try:
    -interacting with the sheep in some way
    -there might be a daily trigger in the order hall, pay attention
    -find the unfound npc Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf which is related to the questline
    [/url]
    I've killed Cote previously, he's in Val'Sharath. I only remember doing so because I thought his name was quite strange. He is dressed up in a wolf outfit and located to the left of when you first enter Bradensbrook amongst some trees. I can't post a link due to just making this account to help you guys out

Quote Originally Posted by alvezzi View Post
    . I can't post a link due to just making this account to help you guys out
    I've noticed A lot of people are signing up for the website to help with these. Is there any way to have this restriction lifted under certain threads? If not / until then you can always break the link up.

Ex. mmo-champion .com (Space between mmo-champion and .com

I've killed Cote previously, he's in Val'Sharath. I only remember doing so because I thought his name was quite strange. He is dressed up in a wolf outfit and located to the left of when you first enter Bradensbrook amongst some trees. I can't post a link due to just making this account to help you guys out
    You can fake an external link. put it on imgur or tinyurl and just give us the other half of the link or do spaces. if you indeed saw him, we are desperate

Oh smart thinking.

Sorry for the poor quality image but he was somewhere in the blue area highlighted. Me and my partner both recall killing him and being confused why a guy in a wolf outfit was creeping around trees.

its on imgur with the URL ending in 6B095As.png. If any proper users could re-post it with the link that would be great.

Hope this helps you mages! I've already got my Sub artifact hidden appearance.

Have you tried going through all of them like this? Perhaps you should check if the effect triggered via a shaman or a different mage turns out to be daily.
    Not yet, was getting late and I have work today so I probably won't be able to check until tonight but alas there is maintenance so probably won't get a chance.

So I have to wonder if this throws the mystery surrounding them in doubt, unless of course this is just a bug but I think I'd need to add another layer to my tinfoil hat.

you mind giving me the character name that killed him?

What do you mean by dressed up in a wolf outfit though? Worgen model? Wolf model via illusion?

Quote Originally Posted by xmatic44 View Post
    you mind giving me the character name that killed him?
    Vezzu - Frostmourne US

What do you mean by dressed up in a wolf outfit though? Worgen model? Wolf model via illusion?
    As in, a Human Model with armor pieces that resembled that of a Wolf. White and Brown fur.

Deleted
    I think he is referring to the model we can already see by Wowhead (can't post links yet, though i am really into the search atm.)

I patrolled the area, have yet to find the NPC myself. Allthough i really like the concept of a sheep/shepherd disguised as a wolf.

As in, a Human Model with armor pieces that resembled that of a Wolf. White and Brown fur.
    Was he invisible at the start? Stealthed? I do hear some stealth sounds in the area, but they might be from the night elf ghosts in the area (too many to be just one mob). It would be kind of odd if this was a hostile rare spawn anyone can kill.

Was he invisible at the start? Stealthed? I do hear some stealth sounds in the area, but they might be from the night elf ghosts in the area (too many to be just one mob). It would be kind of odd if this was a hostile rare spawn anyone can kill.
    Honestly, I don't remember too much specifics as we had quested late into the night and finished up just after we killed him and got to Bradensbrook. From memory he was semi-transparent but not fully stealthed.

Honestly, I don't remember too much specifics as we had quested late into the night and finished up just after we killed him and got to Bradensbrook. From memory he was semi-transparent but not fully stealthed.
    Would it be possible that he was Mad Henryk instead? Hunter dude you trigger by stepping on his bear trap, has a gun and a hat?

Given Bradensbrook is a quest and WQ hub I can't imagine all those players going through and no one spotting this before and wowhead still not having his location.

Then again stranger things have happened.

Deleted
    If the semi-transparent part holds up, it might be that he is on a close detection range. On the other hand i have searched the area quite thorough, still have to spot him. It seems unlikely, on the other hand it is a good guess for the whereabout of Cote which is credited as source after all.

Funny enough that over on altered time they have a completely different approach by searching for Aluneth-shaped formations.

Would it be possible that he was Mad Henryk instead? Hunter dude you trigger by stepping on his bear trap, has a gun and a hat?
    It's possible, however I'm almost certain I've seen cote in Bradensbrook. It makes sense too, given the amount of sheep in the area.

I'll head back there when I'm home and see for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper486 View Post
    Given Bradensbrook is a quest and WQ hub I can't imagine all those players going through and no one spotting this before and wowhead still not having his location.

Then again stranger things have happened.
    Well, at 44,57 at least there's a vanishing Hunting Mastiff. It runs around, stops, and just pops out of existence.

- - - Updated - - -

It's possible, however I'm almost certain I've seen cote in Bradensbrook. It makes sense too, given the amount of sheep in the area.

I'll head back there when I'm home and see for myself.
    Was it this guy?