Thread: Metzen retiring

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Man, this actually makes me sad. Probably my favorite person at Blizzard just due to his raw passion for the games.

It really makes me wonder whats going on behind the scenes at Blizzard. It seems like more and more people are leaving. Maybe its just people moving on, but maybe its not.
    Probably just people moving on. I mean there's not much to say on what goes on there.

Explains why his green son just handed me his hammer and waltzed out of the game's storyline

True but it was going to happen sooner or later.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Even though he gets a lot of shit I will definitely miss him from blizzard

It also wont be the same without him voicing tons of characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    But who's going to announce new WoW stuff at Blizzcon? Ugh. I still randomly watch the expansion announcements.
    I really hope he can still do announcements and PR stuff for Blizzard. Just not work on the game.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    maybe now well finally be free of thrall, today is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Wish I could retire at 42.
    forget the retiring at 42 wish I could retire with a 1/4 of the money he's probably retiring with

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not surprising. He hadn't had much to do with WoW for a while.

Blizzcon will never be the same. I don't know about the rest of it, but he was probably their best speaker. Really knew how to make things interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    the current iteration has a good story, why must you troll?
    the story at its base is fine but its all over the place garrosh turning evil for no reason us going to dranor and them saying they'll help with the legion but never showing it, the lore has alot of points that don't make alot of sense but i wouldent say it was bad.

Thrall retired ingame to spend time with his family. Chris Metzen retired IRL to spend time with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That, and Varian, his other voice-acting role, died. Though I wonder who will play Nefarian, if they ever plan on using him again.
    We've already killed Nefarian twice so they're probably good on that one :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A sad day for sure. But in the end life is very short and I'm sure he's financially set. So I don't blame him 1 iota for choosing to spend time with family. Blink and your kids are grown up. It goes really, really fast.

From a selfish standpoint we'll miss his passion and direction in the game that's touched so many folks. It's up to Morhaime and company to make sure that doesn't fall off. Maybe that's been in the works with Holinka all along as kind of succession planning. I've had plenty of reservations about Holinka. But Legion has been amazing so far, so if Metzen wasn't too involved then it looks like there are some capable folks there ready to carry on the torch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    We've already killed Nefarian twice so they're probably good on that one :P
    we did ony thrice he still has one more shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    A sad day for sure. But in the end life is very short and I'm sure he's financially set. So I don't blame him 1 iota for choosing to spend time with family. Blink and your kids are grown up. It goes really, really fast.

From a selfish standpoint we'll miss his passion and direction in the game that's touched so many folks. It's up to Morhaime and company to make sure that doesn't fall off. Maybe that's been in the works with Holinka all along as kind of succession planning. I've had plenty of reservations about Holinka. But Legion has been amazing so far, so if Metzen wasn't too involved then it looks like there are some capable folks there ready to carry on the torch.
    So true. Any new parents/expecting parents, take notice. I don't blame him a bit. Gonna miss his presence at Blizz though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    the story at its base is fine but its all over the place garrosh turning evil for no reason us going to dranor and them saying they'll help with the legion but never showing it, the lore has alot of points that don't make alot of sense but i wouldent say it was bad.
    They won't mention Alternate Draenor, MMO-Champion would rage(Unfairly so). I can't say that's a negative, just a sad consequence of a sometimes very rabid fanbase.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Feelsbadman, its kinda surreal but 23+ years is a long time. Awesome that he has the chance to retire at 42 thats insane.

Also I think Durak will take after Thrall, something will happen to Thrall, hes probably going to still voice him for when he comes back, but he won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    forget the retiring at 42 wish I could retire with a 1/4 of the money he's probably retiring with
    Got lucky and made the best of his luck. That's how you retire at 42.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    the current iteration has a good story, why must you troll?
    Having an opinion is trolling?

See ya at Bonfire studios.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Having an opinion is trolling?
    You heard "Darkrulerxxx" you are a troll for having a different opinion than him.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    maybe now well finally be free of thrall, today is a good day.
    Whoever voices Lor'themar and Anduin can go retire too.