Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I wish him good health and a happy retirement......who's going to voice Thrall now?
    well he never said he wouldn;t pop into the office to see his friends and maybe do a few quick lines........

BUT YEAH ONLY METZEN CAN VOICE THRALL!

hell who is going to voice thrall in the movie when he gets his own movie!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for everything, Chris. Happy retirement. I feel like it won't be the same without you... but I sincerely hope it will!
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I wish him good health and a happy retirement......who's going to voice Thrall now?
    1. I wish the same for em :')

2. I...idk. Maybe...thrall..is...done. Maybe he's retired....just like metzen. Wait a minute, thrall lost his powers, metzen didn't work on legion much, and when thrall retired his shamanism to go hang with family, metzen retired from blizzard to hang with his family....

Oh shit, Is...is...is thrall...metzen...in...game? :O

Well, makes sense anyways. Also, when thrall same the mantle of his lead towards us champions, thrall gave his mantle towards guys like ion, and alex, and all...

Jesus, legion was foreshadowing this...maybe?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Thank you for everything, Chris. Happy retirement. I feel like it won't be the same without you... but I sincerely hope it will!
    I wish the same for em buddy. All of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Aw, no more coked out Blizzcon appearances.
    You mean like the opening of 2014 Blizzcon?

But yeah. Let me echo that it's sad to see one of the core people of Blizzard and especially WoW going. I wish him all the best.

One thing about wildly creative people is they need an outlet sooner or later. We haven't seen the last of Metz.

To butcher an Irish toast,

Here is to your coffin,that is made from a 100 year old tree , that comes from a seedling we plant today.

Here is to you good Sir!

Gonna miss him, I always looked forward to seeing him at Blizzcon. He carried so much energy and passion with him - he even made things that didn't sound appealing interesting to me just because of how energetic he was when talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking FINALLY.

Maybe WoW can stop being a retarded fanfic for 12 year olds and get a grip on it's story. And while you're at it, stop being retarded in some of the directions it's going. You won't be missed you retard.

wow... Now a founder gone? Holy shit.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did he call himself fat? o_O

Regardless, he'll be sorely missed... if only as the spokesman for the Green Jesus

This is really sad, Thank you for everything Chris, its been an amazing ride.

Wanna know the sad part as well? He was the one that created the "Geek is" thing at blizzcon. And we all fucking know much I loved that shit.

I WANT METZEN BACK ALREADY! it's not fair, he was my hero, OUR hero. He was OUR green jesus, who's our NEW green jesus? Is rob from the WC movie our new green fucking jesus? I HOPE NOT! And I don't want illidan to be our purple fucking jesus....

So Metzen is retiring at age 42? Sheesh that would be so nice, and ya know he's probably set for life too!

That's unexpected.

Makes me wonder if Legion will really be the last dance for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    I think the Enh Shammy Artifact quest foreshadowed this.
    Yeah agree with this. Thrall was his avatar, glad to hear he is taking a break with his family but doubt this will be the last we see of him unless there are underlying health issues.

Men like him get bored being away from the action. Family is great but when they're all at school you find yourself getting bored and wanting the fast action back

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't imaging retiring at age 42.

He's going to go insane from boredom if he doesn't find something to do.

Edit: that being said, Warcraft has been a part of my life since I was 6 years old, and him leaving Blizzard really does feel like a loss, even though I hated his obsession with Thrall. I remember being inspired to draw as I looked at his artwork in the Warcraft II manual, he's had a big impact on me artistically.

It's a big hit, but I feel like Ion and Dave have a good grasp of where to steer the ship.
    Last edited by Snes; 2016-09-13 at 12:56 AM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

No.

He's not allowed to.

But well, I guess I can't blame him. If I was 42 and had enough money to retire, I probably would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Makes me wonder if Legion will really be the last dance for WoW.
    Immediately the first thing that ran through my mind when I saw "Chris Metzen leaves Blizzard" Retiring? At only 41?.... What.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Fucking FINALLY.

Maybe WoW can stop being a retarded fanfic for 12 year olds and get a grip on it's story. And while you're at it, stop being retarded in some of the directions it's going. You won't be missed you retard.
    Can I kill you...cause....how dare you? Metzen never appealed to just 12 y/os, he appealed to the GEEKS! He was never a developer, he was a lore god, and a blizzard god in general. He was what made lore good, and he is what made us geeks...GEEKS!

Hell, you could even call him the unsung hero of the fucking world of gaming, that is...if you could even call it just the WORLD of gaming, it's so massive.

No, METZEN WAS THE GOD! He was the one that made the universe of game RISE with power, he was the one...that made...this..world. And for that, he shall always be...the goku of gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Yeah agree with this. Thrall was his avatar, glad to hear he is taking a break with his family but doubt this will be the last we see of him unless there are underlying health issues.

Men like him get bored being away from the action. Family is great but when they're all at school you find yourself getting bored and wanting the fast action back
    Honestly, I actually theoried just a second ago that this was a forshadowing. LOL

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the game can actually progress now.