Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Bye Thrall!

I may have been Alliance, but you were an amazing Warchief of Story!
    Couldn't agree more!

So sad to see, what for me was the true face of Blizzard, going away but I wish him all the luck and happiness.

Thank you Chris for the amazing adventure!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just FYI, Metzen hasn't been especially involved with any of the Blizzard games for several years now. He supervises to an extent, but it's been a very long time since he wrote or planned anything.

The guy's got kids and is getting pretty old, I can't entirely say I'm surprised he's retiring, given how much he's stepped away from the spotlight over the last few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Can't say that was expected but is not utterly surprising either. And I disagree with those saying that things will drastically change without him, considered how Metzen remained more and more on the sidelines during all these years (especially when it comes to WoW). On that regard, things slowly changed already.

Nonetheless, he still was the face, heart and soul of Blizzard, its most prominent flag. Which means you're going to miss him just for what he was and represented, regardless of any supposed consequence on Blizzard itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    No one but him can Voice Thrall.
    Thrall needs to die. Maybe now he can.

I will definitely miss him though. He was always so energetic about everything it was awesome. Glad hes going to be with his family though, really nice to hear.

good, fresh minds are needed

- - - Updated - - -

good, fresh new minds are needed.
    put that one out to pasture

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Fucking FINALLY.

Maybe WoW can stop being a retarded fanfic for 12 year olds and get a grip on it's story. And while you're at it, stop being retarded in some of the directions it's going. You won't be missed you retard.
    I could say I hope, but I'm sure that someone, possibly many, will say the same about you in your life. If you don't have anything constructive or positive to say, maybe sit back and calm your misplaced anger. I hope you will put something as big as he did on the table of life after you leave.

He was a good guy, he will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Curious what this will mean for Lore in general from now on. Somehow I'm rather scared about it, but we'll see.
    Metzen hasnt really been involved with the writing since Overwatch. He already made a statement a while back about him moving towards Overwatch and such, so he didnt really have that much of a presence in terms of Legions writing. He was already uninvolved with a lot of things in terms of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Tell me this is fake. Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is going to voice every character in every Blizzard game now?

I'm good with that. It's been a long time coming and I don't feel his one sided orc love has done this game any favors in the past couple of expansions.

and he can take thrall with him to boot. Good luck to him but good riddance as well.

If he continues to get the attention like GS I might just throw up a little in the back of my mouth.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-09-13 at 01:24 AM.

Im gone miss this guy so much i just loved him and gone miss him at Blizzcon never met him in person but did talk to the guy in a live chat he is such a cool guy i hope he has a happy retirement with his families i wish him the best.

Lets just hope that World of Warcraft can continue with out him.

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    For me Blizzard was Metzen and with him gone, I feel as if the Blizzard's dying...
    This is exactly how I feel. As a kid flipping through the Warcraft 2 booklet, seeing the story and drawings and always seeing "METZEN '94" or whatever year on the writing, I knew who he was without knowing who he was. I don't know how much he had his hands in these days but Blizzard wouldn't be where it is without him. He's a true hero. DE END.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The guy's got kids and is getting pretty old, I can't entirely say I'm surprised he's retiring, given how much he's stepped away from the spotlight over the last few years.
    What? He's only 42! That's still bloody young. Most people don't retire until their 60s and 70s.

I never met the guy in my life but I feel the feels, man. I spent so many years invested in the worlds he shaped. I only ever watched Blizzcon hundreds of miles away on a virtual stream, but his dedication and passion were palpable for the stuff he made. Sounds totally messed up but I feel attached to this guy in a weird way.

Best of luck to him in all he does.

It is REALLY nice to have the luxury of retiring in your 40's! Good on him, congrats - and of course, best wishes for the future!

So are we going to get new unique voice actors now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Curious what this will mean for Lore in general from now on. Somehow I'm rather scared about it, but we'll see.
    Probably not a lot, honestly. For one, at least the next two expansions are surely already planned out by now.

But even ignoring that, Metzen's direct involvement with WoW has been fairly minimal at least as far back as Mists of Pandaria, and he wasn't even especially involved in Overwatch, which is really Jeff Kaplan's baby.

It may feel like a changing of the guard, but the fact is that the torch was already passed some time ago.

Also, while he's retiring, I don't think I'd be surprised if he still shows up from time to time. I'm sure he'll be around at Blizzcon and will probably still lend his voice to Thrall from time to time, when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a long strange trip it's been.
    Ty Metzen

They should have ended the franchise while he was still involved with it. I wonder if he's going to join another company in the future. I'd be curious to see what he can come up with.

This is big tho, he was pretty much the face of Blizzard. I wonder what this means for future movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Incoming green jesus death. Hopefully in the last legion raid patch.