Thread: Seradane

Seradane

know something about how was this place in the kaldorei Empire time? What happened to residents after the cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Seradane is a pretty much a complete unknown insofar as Lore goes. I'd imagine it was a far-flung Night Elf settlement when Kalimdor was a large, single landmass and its inhabitants either died off or left after the War of the Ancients. I'd imagine there was a strong Druidic element to it for it to have a portal to the Dream, or else the Green Dragonflight simply co-opted the ruins later.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Seradane is a pretty much a complete unknown insofar as Lore goes. I'd imagine it was a far-flung Night Elf settlement when Kalimdor was a large, single landmass and its inhabitants either died off or left after the War of the Ancients. I'd imagine there was a strong Druidic element to it for it to have a portal to the Dream, or else the Green Dragonflight simply co-opted the ruins later.
    been the farthest settlement the entire empire

I wonder if some survived, and became part of the high elves who live in hinterlands

The great trees (Seradane, Twilight Grove, Dream Bough, and Bough Shadow) weren't pre-Sundering night elf settlements. About five thousand years ago, Fandral Staghelm found saronite coming out of the ground and planting branches from Nordrassil above these locations to stop it from spreading. The unnamed great tree in Crystalsong Forest was another such location. So was Vordrassil, but it had to be cut down when they realized its roots had reached into Yogg-Saron's prison (not quick enough to stop the Old God from creating the Emerald Nightmare, though).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The great trees (Seradane, Twilight Grove, Dream Bough, and Bough Shadow) weren't pre-Sundering night elf settlements. About five thousand years ago, Fandral Staghelm found saronite coming out of the ground and planting branches from Nordrassil above these locations to stop it from spreading. The unnamed great tree in Crystalsong Forest was another such location. So was Vordrassil, but it had to be cut down when they realized its roots had reached into Yogg-Saron's prison (not quick enough to stop the Old God from creating the Emerald Nightmare, though).
    That idiot Fandral caused so much trouble in his lifetime. And Malfurion made him into an archdruid anyway, and kept giving him more and more positions of authority and responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    That idiot Fandral caused so much trouble in his lifetime. And Malfurion made him into an archdruid anyway, and kept giving him more and more positions of authority and responsibility.
    Well, they thought they'd gotten Vordrassil chopped down in time, and the other great trees DID stop the spread of saronite. It wasn't until recently that they became aware of the Emerald Nightmare, and in-game I'm not sure if anyone's actually aware of exactly how it started; that information is only available from Chronicle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Well, they thought they'd gotten Vordrassil chopped down in time, and the other great trees DID stop the spread of saronite. It wasn't until recently that they became aware of the Emerald Nightmare, and in-game I'm not sure if anyone's actually aware of exactly how it started; that information is only available from Chronicle.
    That last bit is true enough, but it's also true that Staghelm went off and did this little project of his expressly against the orders of Malfurion in the first place. And Malf continued to promote him why, exactly?

My guess is because he was a powerful druid and good at what he did. And while he was sometimes reckless, it usually worked out in the end.

but Malfurion was asleep for most of that time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    but Malfurion was asleep for most of that time.
    He woke up for brief periods to see to things, here and there.

Chronicle says that Staghelm was obsessed with this project and ignored advice to seek the counsel of the rest of the Cenarion Circle and/or the Dragon Aspects. And yes, Malfurion was awake during this time because it also says that he was "furious" that Fandral had not consulted anyone before doing what he did.

But why would Fandral construct ancient Pre-Sundering Kaldorei marble structures?
    No, The settlement had to have existed before he plopped the tree there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    But why would Fandral construct ancient Pre-Sundering Kaldorei marble structures?
    Why would he do it in Darnassus?

Why would he do it in Darnassus?
    Elune's temples and the area around them has always been fancy.
    But if you look at most normal Kaldorei settlements, especially druidic ones, they look like the stuff in Val'sharah.

So why would a Druid raise marble structures in the middle of nowhere and then leave them to rot?
    I mean, those ruins look ancient and abandoned. While the druidic structures in say, the Twilight Grove, are well maintaned.
    Even the Moonwell.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2016-09-13 at 10:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Elune's temples and the area around them has always been fancy.
    But if you look at most normal Kaldorei settlements, especially druidic ones, they look like the stuff in Val'sharah.

The druidic structures in the Twilight Grove for instance, have been completely maintained, including the Moonwell.
    There are more traditional marble structures in Darnassus besides the Temple. I would have thought it odd except for the fact that Fandral was an unapologetic night elven traditionalist himself, and had he been old enough to have lived in pre-Sundering night elven society, would have been the type of guy that would aspire to nobility and a place among the Moon Guard. That's my own speculation, though.