Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"PvP" WorldQuest got hit with the nurfbat on EU servers

Warden Tower WQs seem to reset every 6th hour now and last that exact duration as well, instead of old 3 hours.

Think its for the better, I've made it to Rank40 by doing them casually since release, aka not done any PvP at all.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2016-09-12 at 09:18 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    The warden towers have 3 hour cd. The free-for-all areas have 6 hour cd. Have they changed the towers to also be on a 6 hour cd?

My warden tower quests are coming up as 6 hours now too. What the hell.

Ye it's a shame, it was a great source of easy 840 gear and I hit prestige 1 just by doing them since launch

They were a bit OP from a gear and AP perspective. Still pretty good. Just about to prestige myself just from towering and plan to do same to prestige 2.

They probably wanted to keep them in line with other WQs. New ones pop every 6 hrs. No reason the pvp ones shouldn't either.

Tbh, while I really, really don't want them to; I half expected them to gut the amount of honor you get from them. Thankfully that stayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

So close to prestige 2, will take more time now. Should have started doing them day 1 instead of not doing them 2/3 days after launch, would already have the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    So close to prestige 2, will take more time now. Should have started doing them day 1 instead of not doing them 2/3 days after launch, would already have the skin.
    Same man, I'm 47 on prestige 1, so damn close, I would have gotten it tonight if they didn't nerf the timers today.

Gearing for PVP through PVP was bad but the only way to gear for PVP through PVE was nerfed to the ground. GG

Deleted
    So the only way to get gear doing "pvp" was just nerfed into the ground?
    guess ill just keep facerolling mythics for 850 gear and just avoid any pvp entirely until arena starts.

Sucks for anyone trying to level honor talents though cause bgs are border line unplayable right now unless your on a fotm melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Gearing for PVP through PVP was bad but the only way to gear for PVP through PVE was nerfed to the ground. GG
    Gearing for "PvP through PvE" was much more easily accomplished by doing everything else as well. Try mythic dungeons, you will get gear much faster.
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

So the timeworn artifact quest was turned off, 150 honor BGs, and now 6 hour world quest pvp missions.. They really don't want people to get things do they.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    So the timeworn artifact quest was turned off, 150 honor BGs, and now 6 hour world quest pvp missions.. They really don't want people to get things do they.
    It's almost as if they want to moderate the pace at which people accumulate rewards. Fucking crazy right!?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's almost as if they want to moderate the pace at which people accumulate rewards. Fucking crazy right!?
    And communicating these things to the players is so hard, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Nope, they don't.

Not until they've pushed your patience and good will to the limit so they can get maximum sub times. Only when they push beyond people's limits and start losing enough subs do they ever back off or revert.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It needed a hard nerf. People shouldn't be able to run around and kill a few npcs and get honor ranks with ease. Makes the whole process a joke. The rewards from doing actual pvp need to be increased though, pvpers shouldn't have to kill digital dragons to get gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    It needed a hard nerf. People shouldn't be able to run around and kill a few npcs and get honor ranks with ease. Makes the whole process a joke. The rewards from doing actual pvp need to be increased though, pvpers shouldn't have to kill digital dragons to get gear.
    The 'digital dragon killers' should be able to progress at a semi decent rate through those IMO. Full blown pvpers however should progress much faster than they are. 150 for a BG is just.. painful.

Also need to up the AP from BGs too, IMO

Do skirmishes give 150 honor after the hotfix in testing or did that hotfix never leave the test?

10+ Year Old Account
    well on good side no more alarm clock for 3.30am for me.
    Those quests ware killing me since since iw hit 110 i must have done 90% of them towers. So sleeping 2x 3 hours in night due to reset at 2am.....
    HARDCORE

Rewards from bgs need to be bosted u get fuck all from PvP....
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    well on good side no more alarm clock for 3.30am for me.
    Those quests ware killing me since since iw hit 110 i must have done 90% of them towers. So sleeping 2x 3 hours in night due to reset at 2am.....
    HARDCORE

Rewards from bgs need to be bosted u get fuck all from PvP....
    Yep. Who thought it was a good idea to include random vanilla potions that you can buy on the AH for 50 silver as a PvP reward?

Winning a battleground gives either some random item that struggles to compete with quest gear, some random potions or a champion's mark which used to be a reward 100% of the time from winning, of which you need 3-12 to buy anything. So 10-40 wins gets you a transmog piece that used to cost under 200 honor.