Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    snip:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Totally no story given at all to the Stormrage love triangle..
    someone hasn't been to Val'sharah yet.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I think with the impending arrival of the Army of the Light, Sylvanas is being set up to be killed by her sister Alleria.
    Sylvanas would stomp her sister in an encounter, she has always been the best of the three sisters.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    This seems plausible. Following this train of thought mixed with other theories, Sylvannas could die at the hands of the legion at the end, "sacrificing" to kill the legion. Then with the help of Vol'jin who may or may not come back as some representation of the loa, he helps convince eyir that Sylvannas should become a Val'kyr, she becomes a val'kyr but still leads the forsaken. However, to stop her from being too powerful, someone else must be Warchief.

This is when Thrall "recovers" and becomes the leader of the Horde again. This gives the Horde the strong leaders, the Sylvannas redemption story and if they make sure that the other leaders get their spotlight, each character develops well.
    Ugh, no thanks. We've had way too much of Thrall as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Ugh, no thanks. We've had way too much of Thrall as it is.
    Hardly, Thrall has been a side character for a very long time so please don't exaggerate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I think with the impending arrival of the Army of the Light, Sylvanas is being set up to be killed by her sister Alleria.
    The Army of Light sounds less awesome when you realise that what is likely to happen is that despite a thousand years of warfare, they will become bystanders as the Alliance and Horde appear and roflstomp the Legion 'WHILE STILL TEARING STRIPS OUT OF EACH OTHER'.

I think the best resolution for Sylvanas might be to turn her into WoW version of Batman. Basically the secret police, willing to do what others are not in order to win.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Silvermoon is still under attack by the scourge. Blizz has outright stated they have no plans to update it and before you compare the exodar during a quest in Legion; Velen outright orders repairs made to the exodar and loudly proclaims "we are going home!"
    I don't know, if the next expansion is the invasion of Argus I can see some changes to these two cities. Exodar takes off and flies to Argus to be the Alliance base. Meanwhile Aethas Sunreaver swipes the "magic city teleportation machine" from Dalaran and drops it into Silvermoon City and follows Velen to combat the Legion, giving the Horde a base as well.

I can't believe how many people actually believe there's a huge focus on Sylvanas solely to kill her off at the end of the expansion. I don't know if I'm more depressed that people are that uncreative and inept at understanding story flow or they're so jaded by WoW's recent lore that they think blizzard is that uncreative and inept.

She's not going to just be turned into a raid boss, guys. It's very obvious she's going to have a story arc this expansion or the next and you can rest assured it's not "Sylvanas does bad things! Sylvanas evil! Kill Sylvanas!"

I actually do like the Val'kyr idea though, OP, I just don't know if they'd go through with it. Something pretty important would have to happen for the Val'kyr to actually accept her, or at least she'd have to find a way to prove herself worthy to them, which could happen somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Odyn can make her a Val kyr without a problem he is guy who can do that not Eyir(which power is more limited than him) that is why I think he would use greymane and sylvanas to finish Heyla rebelion one for all in exchange for conver her in Val Kyr and resurrecting Liam the son of greymane
    Can he though? That is the issue. Sylvanas isn't a Vrykul or a human. That makes her completely different. He might not be able to turn elves (even undead ones) into Valkyrs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would be pretty cool and could make quite alot of sense. Sylvanas is already trying to find a renewable way to resurrect more of her people, so it would make sense if she tried to make herself a Val'kyr, so she did not have to rely on others for the task. It would also give her a much needed boost in power and story-involvement.

Where OP is getting the entire "Evir will have to sacrifice herself" from is beyond by belief. Evir is proberly gonna be captured by Sylvanas, Odyn is gonna break her out and she will get her Val'kyr upgrade or more val'kyr from the interactions between those characters. If Sylvanas is gonna have a role in the Army of Light story (which i really doubt), it would make sense for Odyn to grant some power to her, so she could play her role. But Evir would never have to die. She is the strongest living Val'kyr there is, so she could proberly ress Sylvanas or anybody else, anytime
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Can he though? That is the issue. Sylvanas isn't a Vrykul or a human. That makes her completely different. He might not be able to turn elves (even undead ones) into Valkyrs.
    He turn another Titan construct to a Val Kyr(Heyla) which is far more powerful than sylvanas I doubt Odyn would have a problem, damm even if he wanted he could convert greymane in a titan construct worgen after he and Ra are the most powerfull keepers in azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    He turn another Titan construct to a Val Kyr(Heyla) which is far more powerful than sylvanas I doubt Odyn would have a problem, damm even if he wanted he could convert greymane in a titan construct worgen after all he and Ra are the most powerfull keepers in azeroth

Val'kyr are fallen female VRYKUL warriors, not the fallen of fallen female Elven rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Turning her into a val'kyr however would be awesome. Some game changer like this would make things very interesting.
    So Sylvanas can be even closer in comparison with Kerrigan???

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post

He turn another Titan construct to a Val Kyr(Heyla) which is far more powerful than sylvanas I doubt Odyn would have a problem, damm even if he wanted he could convert greymane in a titan construct worgen after all he and Ra are the most powerfull keepers in azeroth
    Elves are not exactly Titan constructs, but evolved from Trolls who were a natural race created by Freya or at least evolved from the seeds of life she planted. Vrykul/Humans (as well as Gnomes and Dwarves) come from mass produced races with a different background. Those differences could make it so He/Helya can not turn a non construct decedent into Valkyrs. (It's highly likely he can, don't get me wrong. But the way Elves evolved could make it so they can't be turned into such.)

And saved from undeath. Bet she'd be breddy sexy

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Why would Eyir ever sacrifice herself for Sylvanas after what she did to her? Sylvanas tried to enslave Eyir for personal gain to become immortal, so it would be really, really stupid.
    Found the Alliance player.

On the Horde-side, Sylvanas isn't after personal immortality - she's after a way to sustain her people, as she has been since Cataclysm. She wanted Eyir to submit so she could have more Val'kyr to raise more Forsaken, not simply herself.

Is immortality a benefit? Sure. Is it all she's after though? At best it's half and half.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Found the Alliance player.

On the Horde-side, Sylvanas isn't after personal immortality - she's after a way to sustain her people, as she has been since Cataclysm. She wanted Eyir to submit so she could have more Val'kyr to raise more Forsaken, not simply herself.

Is immortality a benefit? Sure. Is it all she's after though? At best it's half and half.
    If someone tries to enslave you, do you really care about their true intentions and their people?
    Space magic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm always baffled to how easily a Sylvanas/Varian/whatever-Thread turns into an Alliance vs Horde Thread. I have been wondering for a long time now, why the A. v H. war is still a thing (lorewise) because for a while now the fight between both factions just feels forced to me. But reading these threads I get why there could never be peace between us... :'(
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well Alleria has been traveling spacetime for much more time than has passed on Azeroth fighting the Legion. Chances are she should have surpassed Sylvanas by now.
    Following this train of thought, I was listening the Nobbel story of Sylvannas.

Her sister and Turalyon are still missing are they not? With Turalyon's voice being shown after the exodar quest line, we could see them coming back, and her sister will have a part in her redemption, and because of the turn around and that Sylvannas has changed, he grants her some Val'kyr to raise Forsaken only.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    Pure speculation:

Eyir will start off as an enemy to the Banshee Queen but will ultimately sacrifice herself for Sylvanas.
    Pure speculation:

This scenario isn't going to happen-- the in-game story all but confirms this. My speculation is that Alleria is going to drop the mic.

Deleted
    Sylvanas ascending to a Val'kyr would be a great thing for her story arc. I would support this.