Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blessing of Yulon, complete garbage?

I'm currently deciding on which golden trait to work towards. Currently with 15 invested traits, I followed the path given here: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe...istweaver/gear.

So my first path was,
    Sheilun's Gift -> Mists of Wisdom -> Essence of Mists -> Spirit Tether -> Way of the Mistweaver -> The Mists of Sheilun.
    After that I dumped 4 points into getting Mists of Life + 3xInfusion of Life (since I am still mostly just healing dungeons).

So I can now, either work on Protection of Shao Hao and get Blessing of Yulon - this is possible for me to do before raids start.
    Or, I can completely forget about Blessing of Yulon and invest my next three points into maxing Extended Healing and then working towards getting Celestial Breath.

With Blessing of Yulon, the healing seems to be minuscule. It's total healing would be (720% of SP x 6 players (revival) * 0.3 = 1296%sp / 180s ~= 2.2k hps increase (without taking crit into account). For a Golden trait, this seems ridiculously low, especially when compared to our other traits. Mists of Sheilun is at approximately 6k hps and Celestial Breath has a potential to be about 16k hps.

So my question is - do I really ever want Blessing of Yulon (unless I have already got Celestial Breath and now need to dump traits?). Or am I missing something and I really should work on getting Blessing of Yulon, even if it delays getting other super important traits like extended healing, dancing mists, etc?

Deleted
    Revival hits every player in the raid, so 10-30 targets. Revival is 720*1.03*1.3 = 964 spellpower per player. So thats 19280% spellpower worth of healing on a mythic raid. Revival is 14830% spellpower alone. So that makes the Revival trait into 4450% worth of spellpower. Ilvl 850 we have roughtly 30k spellpower that turns this trait 7416 hps without taking into consideration either crit or verse.

Deleted
    It's obviously not garbage. But I'm asking myself the same question at the moment. Which is to either go for Celestial Breath or Blessing of Yu'lon.
    I have ilvl 845, so Celestial Breath heals in a perfect scenario about 3,2M, the Blessing of Yu'lon of Revival heals for about 1,4M in a 3min window in a mythic raid. While using TFT on CD, Revival is situational and almost never used on CD which makes the gap even bigger. Though Revival scales better with spellpower, I don't think it can beat Celestial Breath until we have enough artifact power to go for Blessing of Yu'lon as our third golden trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Revival hits every player in the raid, so 10-30 targets. Revival is 720*1.03*1.3 = 964 spellpower per player. So thats 19280% spellpower worth of healing on a mythic raid. Revival is 14830% spellpower alone. So that makes the Revival trait into 4450% worth of spellpower. Ilvl 850 we have roughtly 30k spellpower that turns this trait 7416 hps without taking into consideration either crit or verse.
    Like all AoE healer spells, Revival's healing is capped at 6 targets (spread over everyone, but the max healing it can do is x6).

Which is why it is garbage. Unless they changed this in legion and now the 6 target cap is no longer there (which I may have missed, but I haven't read anything to indicate that they went back on this), revival by itself is garbage, making Blessing of Yulon garbage by extension.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Like all AoE healer spells, Revival's healing is capped at 6 targets (spread over everyone, but the max healing it can do is x6).

Which is why it is garbage. Unless they changed this in legion and now the 6 target cap is no longer there (which I may have missed, but I haven't read anything to indicate that they went back on this), revival by itself is garbage, making Blessing of Yulon garbage by extension.
    I'm going assume you don't play MW for you to say this. Otherwise.. I fear for you.

Deleted
    So how often you recommend using it?

Deleted

There is only a cap if its mentioned and revival as a raid cooldown is raidwide.

10+ Year Old Account

Revival hasn't been capped to 6 people since early 2013.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Revival hasn't been capped to 6 people since early 2013.
    Ah I haven't raided in about two years, so the last I remember was having a six person cap of total healing spread among all players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I haven't raided in about two years, so the last I remember was having a six person cap of total healing spread among all players.
    I'm not sure wether it's still capped at 15 people, or if they hotfixed it in 2014 or something to not be "split" amongst people anymore. They increased the cap from 6 to 15 in 2013, and then did something in 2014. Not sure what, though.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so the math changes quite a bit. Instead of 2.2k, it is closer to 7.4k hps.
    That still isn't anywhere compared to Celestial Breath - but now it is questionable to just ignore it and only go for non-golden traits.

So maxing extended healing, versus getting Blessing of Yulon (and protection of Shao Hao along the way) - which would be better?

Deleted
    Okay so the math changes quite a bit. Instead of 2.2k, it is closer to 7.4k hps.
    That still isn't anywhere compared to Celestial Breath - but now it is questionable to just ignore it and only go for non-golden traits.

So maxing extended healing, versus getting Blessing of Yulon (and protection of Shao Hao along the way) - which would be better?
    On paper yes CB provides around 9720% SP ( 270*6**6) when Yulon is 4320%SP (216*20) over 3min.

But Yulon provide all his healing over 6sec when CB provide his healing in 36sec.

Yulon gives Revival a serious punch, right now our main flaw is we don't have huge aoe burst like HTT/Tranq/Hymn, Yulon gives us that.

And since you're supposed to use TFT on CD for rems (or almost depending on damage pattern) and most of the time prior to damage so you can rem before CB will end up having a lot of overheal. Yulon too can have overhealing but on fights where you need huge revivals (like Ursoc) Yulon will beat out CB hands down. On fight with no scripted burst CB is better, but on such fight you don't really need CB since the damage are not high so CB is just ice on the cake.

Btw concerning Extended healing, you should had maxed it before thinking about CB or yulon (even before Dancing mists since we're doing only 5man and you can get Dancing mists before mythics raids are out) so i don't get your question x)
    Last edited by mmoc386f8cbcd4; 2016-09-13 at 09:23 AM.

Why would you comment with the wrong information, if u havent raided for 2years ? Dafoq

I went for it first over the breath, more aoe healing without having to rely on position, also the way there makes the cocoon less Useless. Figured it would be more useful in pvp aswell, throw some env up on 3 ppl and pop revival for alot of healing.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Personally I will go for extended healing after the 3 golden traits.

Lifecocoon with mists of life is worth over 2million healing. Its pretty damn strong
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-09-13 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Personally I will go for extended healing after the 3 golden traits.

Lifecocoon with mists of life is worth over 2million healing. Its pretty damn strong
    Yes mists of life is strong, that's why it's the first trait you're looking for, then you go mists of sheilun then either extended healing or dancing mists then yulon.

That's the most optimal route for the release since you start with dungeons where extended healing, mists of life and mists of sheilun are the best (while picking up envm buff), then raid are released and we have ef buff, vivify buff and dancing mists, still all good.

Rushing all 3 gold trait mindlessly is a bad idea.

I don't agree with that path.

Dancing Mists > Celestial Breath > Mists of Sheilun > Blessing of Yu'lon

Blessing of Yu'lon will most likely be my 33rd Artifact Point, simply because of the relative weakness of Spirit Tether and Protection of Shaohoa.

At least that's how my math comes out.

Celestial Breath will do more healing overall than Yulon. But if you're looking to raid seriously, Yulon is more likely to be vital, needed healing. CB is more about upkeep and piling on the numbers, but in most situations your raid won't survive a boss fight because you healed 6 people for 278% SP over 3 seconds two times per minute. Your raid might be able to survive because you healed all 20 people for an extra 222% SP over 6 seconds during the heaviest aoe damage phase of the fight.

It also depends on your healing team makeup and how you plan to use your CD's. In HFC we ran a lot of comps with a disc/rsham/rdruid/me on MW. A lot of fights are set up for 3 sets of raid cooldowns, so we would plan out bubble/slt/tranq. Since revival was just pure healing I would be able to kind of freelance and use it as needed in case of emergency. With that kind of usage Yulon probably isn't as great since you're not as likely to get the full healing benefit.

If your raid team is closer to 10-15 players, or you do mostly dungeons, CB is probably better if you feel confident in your positioning. The advice to go for Yulon first is mostly geared around the assumption you will be doing mythic raiding. Neither trait is particularly strong, so the min-maxing is probably not very noticeable at any other level. If you use focused thunder, you will do far more healing casting 2 free vivify's than you will get from the CB heal - just to give an idea of how much actual healing we're talking about.

I did go for Mists of Sheilun + Dancing mists first and now I go Blessing of Yulon simply because my guild is raiding with 30 people in heroics should be ok for such a big raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in my current situation, I will either be able to get Blessing of Yulon, or Extended Healing maxed, before raids open - but not both.
    We will be doing mythic raiding but slower than most and more casually (8 hours a week guild).

Given that, would extended healing at 3/3 be more valuable than Yulon + Prot Shah Hao?

Deleted
    Extended Life trait really depends on how much your rem % of your total heal. 3 points in it is 15% healing on rem.