Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Cast fire ball until heating up procs. Then;

RoP -> Comb -> FB>PB>FB>PB -> FLAME ON -> FB>PB>FB>PB>PF>PB>PF>PB>PF>PB

Afterwards, FBall until heating up procs. When it does, cast another FBall and FB simultaneously. Cast PB WITH your FBall - always - .

Done.

And yes, RoP is mandatory. I don't really get what the big deal is anyway. It's frigging 10 seconds during your burst phase. Unless you're really unlucky, you won't be interrupted and if you are, your burst phase would've been suboptimal anyway.
    I do exactly this or some time pre-cast PB >RoP +Comb>PF(+FB if PB did not crit) and so on...

I really hope that what keep me from "shining" is that I lack the crit stacking trait in the artifact, because atm with 46% crit at 826 ilvl the best I could do in a static fight and with some luck out of combustion was 206k DPS, in the same Dung I was behind a Destro Lock in every other fight.

For sure I lack confidence with the class and with caster in general, used to be Fury the last 2 expansions. But I feel mid of the pack right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drakorex View Post
    I do exactly this or some time pre-cast PB >RoP +Comb>PF(+FB if PB did not crit) and so on...

I really hope that what keep me from "shining" is that I lack the crit stacking trait in the artifact, because atm with 46% crit at 826 ilvl the best I could do in a static fight and with some luck out of combustion was 206k DPS, in the same Dung I was behind a Destro Lock in every other fight.

For sure I lack confidence with the class and with caster in general, used to be Fury the last 2 expansions. But I feel mid of the pack right now
    That warlock might have had much higher item level and artifact progress than you. An average of 200k dps with your ilvl is actually pretty damn good. Especially since a destruction warlock in BiS ilvl 840 gear, with 2 main traits and 3 relics unlocked, ideally does 230k dps. That, on a patchwerk fight.

Cleaves might skew the numbers and warlocks, especially destruction, are exceptionally good at that.

Deleted
    well that was an outstanding performance..usually if I have to move( I am bad in moving fights, too used to melee) i sit around 160k or even if I make an error during burst phase there is no way I can keep up.

The good part is: I still have hope now waiting for the PI trait and the goal to perfect the mage playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    To all mages, can you stop quoting Furty's fameous "fishing for pyro" thing he did put in his guide?

You're fishing for Heating Ups not hot streaks :S
    New to a fire mage, but I think I am following you. You fish for the hot streak and then blast for the 100% crit then into pyro right?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

@akaTheDude I thought you wanted to say "You fish for the heating up [...]" and yes, that's true

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    @akaTheDude I thought you wanted to say "You fish for the heating up [...]" and yes, that's true
    Aye, it's fishing for heating up and creating a hot streak afterwards.

Do you have to pop combustion before you start casting FB? Anytime i cast FB then pop CB at about 90% of the cast completion it doesnt seem to crit

Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    Then play a different class. You're going to do awful dps without rune of power on all of the mage specs, arcane and fire especially.

It only lasts 10 seconds and the actual buff area is significantly bigger than the visual. Get over it. I will admit that pre-Legion it was really tedious and annoying, but it's much better now. A lot of specs have 10 second periods where they don't want to move because they just activated a big CD. It's like saying you refuse to use Ascendance as ele shaman because you can't really move for those 15 seconds the ability is active.
    No...that is just hyperbolic nonsense. 821 ilvl and can sustain 202k dps single target, bursting at almost 300k and hitting well over 400k with multiple adds. You just need a very good reaction time/decision making

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    No...that is just hyperbolic nonsense. 821 ilvl and can sustain 202k dps single target, bursting at almost 300k and hitting well over 400k with multiple adds. You just need a very good reaction time/decision making
    All numbers are relative, as are terms like "awful". The question isn't "do I do X dps without RoP", it's "how much MORE dps would I do WITH RoP".

Things I've noted during watching the vid;
    1. You have to learn how to pyroblast fish. That is casting your Hot streak right after you finish your fireball cast so they simultaneously hit. Not only does this create the best ignite, there is also a grace period where your heating up! will not fall off if your pyroblast did not crit. You should always accompany a pyroblast with a fireball.
    2. Unfortunately you need RoP. It's just too good.
    3. Try to keep your RoP, FB and PF rolling.
    Last edited by Ethereally; 2016-09-09 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    Wow, it's almost like maybe you shouldn't pop your huge CDs right before the boss does something that requires you to move super far away from your current position.
    You are trying to tell me you wait with rop til theres a window in boss spells? There are random cast spells on range target on most bosses, so you just waste time waitinf til he finishes em and then pop rop? Um no. You burst as soon as you can cause thats what firemage does, burst for big ignite and wait til you can burst again. Xavius in darkhearth thicket is good example, you got 3 or 4 ranged there, you just wait til cast it? Boss be dead by en.

everybody is complaning about mages being a turret because of RoP, but they forget that you can cast while moving?? and is only 10 sec, while you alinght your burst, you shoulndt be just using rop of you are only going to cast fireball until it proc for pyro, then, youre doing it wrong...

Also keep in mind that RoP is a LOT bigger than it looks. Plenty of room to dodge puddles of doom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I understand that's the way it might sound, but with RoP, you burst at over 500k during Combustion. Stack enough crit and you can use Combustion twice on relatively short Heroic encounters, which further increases RoP's value.

There really is no way around it; RoP is that strong.

Deleted
    RoP is a must. Use it or get used to being mediocre, simple as that.

You are trying to tell me you wait with rop til theres a window in boss spells?
    I think that it's exactly what he's trying to tell you, yes.

Can you post your armory link please ? Because you shouldn't post thing like "that's what fire mage do" if you have no experience in high end PVE whatsoever.

It's the problem with these forums, you don't know who give you advices. You're probably bad and other bad people could take your word for granted, creating a chain of bad people giving bad advice to each others and that's bad for the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    I think that it's exactly what he's trying to tell you, yes.

Can you post your armory link please ? Because you shouldn't post thing like "that's what fire mage do" if you have no experience in high end PVE whatsoever.

It's the problem with these forums, you don't know who give you advices. You're probably bad and other bad people could take your word for granted, creating a chain of bad people giving bad advice to each others and that's bad for the game.
    Honestly, people who're desperate enough to ask for advices on pretty obvious things are already unable to become good players in my book. Its very simple. You know how to read? Read. It's pretty obvious if you invest the hours and understand the mechanics of your class to its full potential. That's what people who use the same talents/gears do, and that's why you're 200k dps lower than them, despite being a mirror image of them.

Spoon-feeding people with advice is why everyone's so bad at games. People should realize that in RPG games, theorycrafting & customization is an essential part of the genre and if people want to learn the "best artifact path" and not derive it themselves... it's all futile.

Originality has its time and its place. Trying to perform well in a game like this is neither. If you don't want to perform well that's totally fine, as long as you're aware that you are making that choice. Nobody forces you to choose the best setup, but of course you could argue that if you enter into a quasi-social agreement with other players during co-op play, you gain their assistance in exchange for you doing your best to assist them - willingly lowering your performance in a group does seem a bit insulting in that light, doesn't it. But that's highly subjective, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    like everyone else has said RoP is just toooooo good for opening bursts even when out in the world most of the elites and the withered scenario just melt before combust is even finished. heres a short opener i just did and i downloaded the TrufiGCD addon so you could kinda get a feel of what im pressing. this by no means a brag video just wanted to show you the difference between not using RoP and using it. you might also wonder why i use phoenix flame first instead of fire blast, my felo'melorn is lvl 19 and i just got the phoenix reborn trait so im trying to test weather its worth using it first.

Last edited by Dragzy; 2016-09-13 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragzy View Post
    like everyone else has said RoP is just toooooo good for opening bursts even when out in the world most of the elites and the withered scenario just melt before combust is even finished. heres a short opener i just did and i downloaded the TrufiGCD addon so you could kinda get a feel of what im pressing. this by no means a brag video just wanted to show you the difference between not using RoP and using it

You're faster than me at the combo, but I'm lazy as fuck so I made a cast sequence to do the combo for me so all I had to do is press one button. I think it works pretty well.