Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    With his comment about politicians being puppets I don't think one of them is Obama, i'd say Whiterose is one of them though.

If he knows White Rose is actually White Rose, and not just China Minister of Defense, then yeah he probably thinks White Rose is one of them. I mean, Price knows (s)he murdered the old CEO of the biggest company in history and made it look like an accident. Then (s)he got his way by getting Price in power to get what he wanted. But still, that's...he still has rules to follow as just a Minister.

But as White Rose, leader of the Dark Army...holy shit. Their hacking skills are probably good, but not only do they have field agents as ordinary people who would even infiltrate prison and obviously get trained to kill, but they have throwaway soldiers whose jobs it is is just to shoot up a place and then kill themselves. If that's not power I don't know what is.

White Rose (as we know both sides) is the most powerful person on the planet for sure.

Btw, the actor for White Rose even said he tries to play the character where White Rose feels like she's a woman but to further herself to real power in a man's world she has to pretend to be a man and it's not fun for her. So I can see how White Rose also has power issues like Price.

Dunno who the 2nd person could be. I don't think Obama or any other political leader could beat a worldwide conglomerate's CEO who literally has power ALLLLLL over the world, even in 3rd world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrell isn't another "Mr Robot" is he...? i mean i get the feeling they're hinting at it alot, but i hope he isn't.
    Hi

I thought that would happen. Until Joanna and the butler guy acted like Elliot wasn't him. Tyrell just has too separate of a life for him and Elliot to be the same person.

It's really weird the way Mr. Robot disappeared though as Tyrell called. Angela telling Elliot not to trust Mr. Robot felt like negative progression, just as I was starting to trust him. :/

Wouldn't it be messed up if Elliott was just another persona. What if Tyrel was the real person and Elliott and Mr Robot were all in his mind, and the reason Joanna treats "Elliott" differently is because she knows about the personalities and which one he is exhibiting at the time. Would also explain how she knew he was being released.
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-09-10 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Wouldn't it be messed up if Elliott was just another persona. What if Tyrel was the real person and Elliott and Mr Robot were all in his mind, and the reason Joanna treats "Elliott" differently is because she can knows about the personalities and which one he is exhibiting at the time. Would also explain how she knew he was being released.
    or everyone is mr robot, excluding joanna & her security guard dude. Most people are all in Tyrel's mind. Tyrell is 90% of the cast.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it strange that Joanna made her self look all fancy just for Eliot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I find it strange that Joanna made her self look all fancy just for Eliot.
    She was trying to seduce him, not difficult to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Didn't Darlene knock out Cisco with a baseball bat last episode because she found out he is working against her? What happened to that?
    I just watched the latest episode again, so I rewatched the scene from the previous one.

Cisco did it because it's safer for Darlene if the Dark Army knows where she is. The alternative is that the Dark Army thinks that Darlene, the face of Fsociety who is running the show, is missing so they'll kill her. (I mean it's already suspected that they killed Romero, and maybe Mobley and Trenton.) By showing that she's with him and giving them tabs on her, they probably won't be worrying about killing her.

I guess this really puts into perspective her speech about how she's not special even though she lead fsociety, and that it was Elliot who made shit happen and he's the only one they take seriously.

Gotta be honest, Darlene looked really happy when Cisco ate her french fry and drank some of her drink. She's not used to "family style" sharing. It felt bad that it got taken away x2 when the FBI caught them AND the place got shot up. Good things can't happen to bad people. :/

Man, I was out of town this past week and just caught last week's episode today. Dom covered in blood at the end of the show but apparently unhurt doesn't seem to be good news for Darlene and Cisco. Maybe now her boss at the FBI will actually take her seriously, now that what she said would happen happened exactly.

I wonder who confronted Angela in the subway. I think they specifically let us know it was a black guy and a woman to hint it isn't the Dark Army trying to erase her. I think it might be that woman from the FBi who was obviously impersonating an agent. IE, she works for E Corp. Unless Dom is having her followed and now her detail is picking her up after the meet with Eliot. Or, Angela already flipped, and they were recording Eliot. I thought it was weird Angela outright asked, "Why did you start F Society?" As a defense lawyer IRL that shit sounds like sting operation to me.

The whole time, the framing, the pacing, the direction, the music is all so on point it fucking makes me furious that other shows are so shit. Every time Esmail does the shot where a character is in the corner of the frame making big, bold declarative statements while being dwarfed by the blandness of the corporate environment around them (and these shots only ever seem to take place at E Corp), I think of how shit, specifically, the Star Wars prequels were when directed by Lucas in shot/reverse shot.

GODDAMN IT I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Man, I was out of town this past week and just caught last week's episode today. Dom covered in blood at the end of the show but apparently unhurt doesn't seem to be good news for Darlene and Cisco. Maybe now her boss at the FBI will actually take her seriously, now that what she said would happen happened exactly.

I wonder who confronted Angela in the subway. I think they specifically let us know it was a black guy and a woman to hint it isn't the Dark Army trying to erase her. I think it might be that woman from the FBi who was obviously impersonating an agent. IE, she works for E Corp. Unless Dom is having her followed and now her detail is picking her up after the meet with Eliot. Or, Angela already flipped, and they were recording Eliot. I thought it was weird Angela outright asked, "Why did you start F Society?" As a defense lawyer IRL that shit sounds like sting operation to me.

The whole time, the framing, the pacing, the direction, the music is all so on point it fucking makes me furious that other shows are so shit. Every time Esmail does the shot where a character is in the corner of the frame making big, bold declarative statements while being dwarfed by the blandness of the corporate environment around them (and these shots only ever seem to take place at E Corp), I think of how shit, specifically, the Star Wars prequels were when directed by Lucas in shot/reverse shot.

GODDAMN IT I LOVE THIS SHOW.
    I think her boss at the FBI has to be working for the Dark Army, and from looking at someones frame by frame of that last scene, Cisco is definately RIP, Darlene is either fine or shot in the arm.

Someone made a big post about the people who were following Angela on the reddit, and they're in the background of most of Angela's scene's this season, so they are probably the FBI tail that Dom was talking about.

Found the imgur link http://imgur.com/a/IxKUd
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2016-09-13 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    She was trying to seduce him, not difficult to work out.
    what does she have to gain for seducing "Olly". She's already threatening him?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what does she have to gain for seducing "Olly". She's already threatening him?
    She's basically Lady Macbeth, she'll use any angle to get someone to do what she wants, if they don't respond to the stick, use the carrot, so to speak.

I don't think it's seduction per se, but that's how she feels most intimidating. That's how she gets people to do whatever the fuck she wants.

I just can't wait for tomorrow. :/

Just imagine if USA didn't give a 2 episode extension. Then the season would already have been over.

With that 4 episode slow start we needed more tbh.

The 4 episode "First Act" (as I'm calling it) was necessary setup, I think. We'll have a bigger picture when the season ends, but yeah, I look forward to rewatching those 4 in light of the rest of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Any predictions for tonight? My main guesses:

1) Darlene is in interrogation, and the FBI has searched Cisco's apartment and found her on the videotape as the masked man

2) Angela is being interrogated about the guy she met on the subway (Eliot).

3) Eliot has to run for it, and will probably use Tyrell's wife to help him escape. Maybe we see Tyrell for the first time this season.

I feel like I know stuff about how things will go based on what the actors said so I won't say anything.

Possibly a spoiler so don't read (I personally wouldn't. Wait until the end of the season): I think Darlene and Cisco will survive and by the end of the season they'll actually get married or get engaged or w/e.

The first 4 episodes were also important world building for the Mr Robot universe. Now with a 3rd season already green lit they have a lot more material to work with and paths to explore. I think season 2 has been better than season 1 which is saying a lot and only the very best of shows get better as they go on.

2nd to last episode tonight boys and girls enjoy.

Thought some parts of the episode could have been shortened. Like Angela and the girl or Amazon Echo.

I just don't even know about the ending. Avoiding thread and spoilers, see you guys next week.