Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I have, and just went through the entire thing again. Saw many people making the claim, saw a link to a completely unrelated post by Blizzard a long time ago, but never saw an actual link, quote, or source where Blizzard stated that Mythics are the new Heroics (or anything of the sort).
    Oh, well if it was in another thread not this one I apologise (to you, not the guy being a jerk), I'll try and find the post on it. For the meantime though here's some logic: The dungeon hero achievement now requires mythic not heroic (as it's the same difficulty), same as when they renamed heroic raid difficulty to mythic back in WoD pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Perhaps MMO's are not the correct genre for you. Have you tried MOBAS or FPS?
    I'm always amused by people telling others what's "for them" and what isn't. Tell me, how does complete and omnipresent cluelessness and ignorance feel? What's it like having, like, no clue at all?

I just loved doing mythics very early on, ilvl reqs where 815-820 and everybody was good because all the casual scrubs where still leveling up. Same deal with Arc/court later on. It was a delightful feeling having only good people in my groups.
    All I see now is "840+ bring a brain".

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Oh, well if it was in another thread not this one I apologise (to you, not the guy being a jerk), I'll try and find the post on it. For the meantime though here's some logic: The dungeon hero achievement now requires mythic not heroic (as it's the same difficulty), same as when they renamed heroic raid difficulty to mythic back in WoD pre-patch.
    True, but on the flip side, there's also a weekly lockout on them, which would argue in favor of them being more similar to the Mythics of last expansion (though any kind of direct comparison is virtually impossible, since Mythics last time were added so late).

*shrug* I'm largely indifferent on this entire topic. I wouldn't mind seeing a queue for regular mythics, because I don't mind wiping and most annoying people will give up and leave after a while anyways. I don't mind using the in-game LFG tool to make or join pre-made groups. Mythics now feel harder to me than heroics did last expansion, but everything is so different it's hard to tell how much of that is real and how much is perception. I know Cata heroics were harder at the start (I'm talking first 2 weeks or so) than Legion mythics are right now, but I think that's largely a matter of gear not being as painful now and healers being better set up (I think what they tried to accomplish in Cata, they actually succeeded in doing this time around, at least for healers).

Mostly, I just am curious to see what Blizzard said on it, since I thought I'd found everything :-P

Deleted
    No it's working as intended.

Get social, talk to people or find a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    1. make your own group, with your own rules.
    2. read the dungeon journal, that's what I did when I tanked it the first time with like 810-820 ilvl.
    3. it's an mmo, start being social.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    This is just utter lies. I've done plenty of mythics and not even once did someone ask for achieve. As long as you meet their minimum ilvl you're good to go. It's not hard to read the dungeon journal for 2 seconds and see what you need to look out for in your role, it's been good enough for me to understand what to do.

Man I love these, I've seen some people asking for achievement and stuff but very few.
    I'm french and I've played with german, spanish (who where d**ks by the way), russian with the heal that leave during last wave of violet hold which cost the dungeon, uk players aswel. Anyway it was mostly really great to exchange for a bit, doing MM made my friendlist actually bigger.

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a point to them not being matchmade. They are what heroics used to be and heroics are.... Well nothing I can't tell a difference between them and normal.

Until recently I bashed the "make your own group" camp. But then I made my own group to jump into mythics since I missed the boat with my tiny guild.

I now regret those comments I posted on here and will join the crowd in saying 'Make your own group'

I just put in the description something to the effect of "children who cry and throw their teddy out the pram if they die or someone messes up need not apply" and I've had no anti-social people at all.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    How do you know its the outliner? I haven't heard of a single bad story in my guild or group of friends yet. So to me it seems like your "bad" experiences are the outliners.

Probably because your guild and friends did it together are you not getting that? When you do things like this with an even semi-organized group things go smoothly. With a bunch of randoms that looking for would bring to the table you are asking for problems. What is so hard for you to get here? Have you done lfr at anytime? Soecially the last bosses on lfr? How does that go with looking for? Pretty bad and lfr is tuned way easier than a mythic dungeon as near every mechanic can be ignored and the group gets the stacks of determination and yet still fails. What do you think those same people would do in a mythic? And don't call it an outliner as there are how many threads to get rid of lfr on this site. Please try not to just be argumentative here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a point to them not being matchmade. They are what heroics used to be and heroics are.... Well nothing I can't tell a difference between them and normal.

Because heroics and doing mechanics are nothing for you, your friends , and/or your guild but for the average player they are. What is so hard to get here if they made it looking for you would get a lot of those lfr people that can it do any mechanic or use any form of cc and such. Have you not done lfr? Did you not do the cata heroics? What more proof do you need. Yes you are better than most that play the game. Heck most that play the game don't even know of this site or use any site for help or class info you know that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm typically very quiet and anti-social in game (outside of my small circle) so I hated this feature as well at first.

Now I'm pretty comfortable with it. Although annoying stuff happens sometimes I still think this is a good little gate keeper for Mythic.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see some data from Blizzard about this What might the difference be between the number of group messages between a premade group and a matchmade group. From what i have seen, the number of chatting people in premades are highly increased. Have also been asked to join guilds through the system, which have never happened in a LFD/matchmade group
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I would love to see some data from Blizzard about this What might the difference be between the number of group messages between a premade group and a matchmade group. From what i have seen, the number of chatting people in premades are highly increased. Have also been asked to join guilds through the system, which have never happened in a LFD/matchmade group
    I agree with this 100%. For the most part premade groups are way more social and I have made new in game friends with it. Lfd on the other hand I haven't made a single friend thru it and it is lucky the group at the end says thanks for the run. If thier is any talking in a lfd it is usually negative and due to wipes. So no thanks on mythics being added to the lfd. It would cause way more problems then it would ever solve. Make friends, join a guild, use looking for group or make your own group. It isn't that hard.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    it's been a few hours now and you can't even bring up the supposed quote or source
    Like I said previously, it appears this isn't actually the thread it was in (there have been a few of these since launch), as I said I will try to find it.

I've been arguing on forums for a long time
    Yes, that's quite evident.

Mythic dungeons are not the same difficulty as the old heroic dungeons
    Yes they are, that's not even in question, the argument was over wither or not Blizzard had officially stated as such.

choke on your frustration about being proven wrong for all I care.
    Your opinion is not proof of anything, especially when so many disagree.

Yeah, I'm being a jerk because you're just making up stuff to try and prove a point. Why lie to us and yourself?

Furthermore, it's been a few hours now and you can't even bring up the supposed quote or source that is supposed to back up your claim about mythic dungeons being the new 'heroics' of old.

here you go, it take a bit to find it. Also, I'm confident it was said in one of the Ion videos.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...004?page=6#110

I think it's worthy to note that base Mythic in Legion is comparable to some of the older Heroic dungeons many are used to in terms of difficulty. These dungeons become harder as Keystones are used to scale them and increase their challenges, but this is not a system you need to participate in if you don't want to.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-09-13 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    fuck that. Everything should have an option to be queued for.

They are, within the context of the game. Which is why there is complaints.
    No, not in the context of the game. Thats like saying achievements existing somehow means you're forced to get them all.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should definitely add mythics to the dungeon finder or stop making main storyline quests require mythics. Ive pugged 7/10 mythics with a friend yesterday and they were not very hard with everyone above 840 with few exceptions like cordana or odyn. The 15% buff in Lfg would probably help aswell. Hope they change their minds for karazhan and add heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    LFR counts for raid quests.

Heroics don't count for Mythic quests.

Some dungeons don't even EXIST in Heroic.

I'm not sure what your point here is.
    That no one is forcing you. Mythics going to LFD doesn't follow logically. Not just because quests exist for them.

I did not like the idea of LFG for mythics in WoD. Now that the current mythic dungeon is really just heroics I don't see why not. I am however okay with them not switching, because on dps toons not having to queue and just using the group finder tab is much faster.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."