Thread: Ley Stalker Dro

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ley Stalker Dro

How do you guys do this as Mage? he just eats my ass and I die.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    The first time I engaged him, i just tried to facetank him until the withered killed him.. That proved to be a very bad decision, and i got rekt...
    The next try, i just kited him a bit with blink.. and it worked.. he is a bit slow, so you have more than enough time to just blink away, cast some spells with ice floes, blink again, etc.. your withered will do the rest.
    I did it as fire btw.. just go through that hall carefully, dont pull too much in case u engage him while in a middle of random mobs and you should be fine.

Good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    How do you guys do this as Mage? he just eats my ass and I die.
    You have to be prepared for him with full force of your withered, upgrades help a lot but you can actually kill him pretty easily, just don't pick crates as soon as you see them, wait until you clear stuff to pick as much as you can.

Deleted
    You can also polymorph him and clear the room without concern. When you've cleared the room, you can either go invisible which will result in finding him again later on in a bigger room with spiders or you kite him in the room where he ambushes you. Keep him controlled with frost nova, dragon's breath and flamestrike.

Mirror Image, tried it for the first time today and i wrecked him with out losing a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by pydoc11 View Post
    Mirror Image, tried it for the first time today and i wrecked him with out losing a soldier.
    Really? I might have to try this. could you elaborate a little more on what happened. About how many withered did you have? Did dro just attack the images instead which gave you free time to dps him down? Did you just save dragon's breath for when he started charging?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    Really? I might have to try this. could you elaborate a little more on what happened. About how many withered did you have? Did dro just attack the images instead which gave you free time to dps him down? Did you just save dragon's breath for when he started charging?
    At first I didn't even see that I had agro'd him so when I saw him I popped images and blinked away. Popped rune and combustion and hero and set my guys on attack mode and burnt him. He was on my beserker and my images the entire time I didn't lose a single soldier. I believe i had 22-25 minions at the time.

You popped Rune and MI? Please teach me how.

Deleted
    When he spawns you blink away and start spam polymorphing. Easy kill, your withered will kill him and he wont kill a single one of your withered. Took around 1min to kill him like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    You popped Rune and MI? Please teach me how.
    Lol my bad i was kinda braindead when typing that. So used to rune/combustion together.

Deleted
    Killed him yesterday with 9 withered alive, without any upgrades on them. just db him when he starts dashing. After that keep running with ice floes, scorch, LB, PF and FB and let your guys do the rest. Just watch out for the fucking dash as it will kill your withered pretty fast if you dont stun him in time.

I had 30 withered and cold snap.... Just kept blinking to heal myself in between (fire mage) and CCing. It wasn't pretty and I was close to death, but he died.

Tried polymorph spam today with 30 Withered. The result was that first he started charging WHILE polymorphed, then after my Withered got him to about 50% they suddenly stopped attacking altogether and would not do anything regardless of mode. He killed about 15 of them while I was trying to figure out how to get them to do something again, then I just kept him polymorphed and ran away. The result was that as soon as polymorph expired, he'd reappear on top of me and kill about 5 by the time I polymorphed him again. Did not make it back to a 10-chest before he had killed me down to 9 withered, then 7 of those got stuck behind a rock and could not get out no matter what I did.

I love this scenario.

Be frost and have 20 withered. He is an absolute piece of cake.

1/2/2/2/1/1/1

Time Warp+IV>RoP>Ray of Frost>Frost Bomb>RoP>Ebonbolt>2xLance>Icy Touch>2x Lance

He's dead. Don't even use Frozen Orb, and use pet freeze to keep him still. I've killed him twice this way with absolutely no issue.

I guess unless you are like every other mage and playing FOTM. Then I don't know what to tell ya.
    Last edited by Roija; 2016-09-13 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    Play a melee, particularly a tank, and faceroll it with your 200 stuns and interrupts.

This scenario does weird things too. For some reason thre eof those arcane things appeared out of nowhere yesterday and half my withered decided to do a runner, normally I get the 400 cap easy peasy

It can also bug out and dump you in a graveyard or crash if you happen to die, and you'll end up empty handed

Fine in principle, it's just a fuckton easier for some classes. Just like good old Proving Grounds was.

Deleted
    I managed to finish the scenario(skipped the Elfbenter boss) as a fire mage yesterday.
    There is a LOT of kitting on DRO and the last boss spider. Put your Whitered on berserk and nova, DB, blink away. Save time warp for him.

The trinket from Suramar daily(devilsaur) which has a slow proc helps a lot too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypCVrHHLxFo

Me doing it as a mage on one of the earlier pulls (dro at 24.13 with 1 withered up);

BEFORE YOU START
    - Unlock the highest possible ancient mana cap that you can for your given rep : more mana -> more withered (2K is max)
    To do this, make sure to loot the 5 treasures that increase your ancient mana cap by 100
    - Best Ancient Mana farming spot: Ancient Mana farm Spot
    60.0 55.0 in Suramar, easy access via portal to vinyards; either follow the route from the video or server hop at the coordinates

TIPS AND TRICKS:

General:

Tag every mob before they get close to your withered so you have aggro
    There is no time limit so you can wait for cd's if you desire
    375 score required for max rep rewards

Area 1: Dryads/Volatile wraiths
    - Let the volatile wraiths cast arcane munition on you, but make sure to be away from your withered
    - Use your stun/blind/knockback/fear when the wraith casts explosion (even stuff like paralyze works); Can pop cd's at 30% health if you're having trouble killing it before explosion.
    - Clear everything untill you get to the spider area, then go back and loot all chests (use up your withered to bring back the big chests, prioritize 5withered chests)

Area 2: Spider area and leywatcher Dro
    - Clear as much of the area (don't hit the eggs or collect any withered, you actually want a small amount of withered (ideally 1 while you've used up all the rest for chests) because Dro won't do his unavoidable AOE withered NUKE.
    - Be wary of Dro spawning -> instant CC him -> clear the entire spider area while going back to Dro to reapply CC (if you have 1 withered you can wait for him to teleport to you, if you have multiple you need to chain CC so he doesn't charge all your withered). All CC works: fear, root, sheep, paralyze etc.
    - If you have multiple withered while Dro is alive, you can open the side doors requireing 10 withered and clear those areas depending on difficulty (while cc'ing Dro).

-Skip the big Etin (I died there in the video) run around his path and you can collect the withered and then finish the scenario upstairs (pretty straightforward area)!
    - If you want to do the Etin:
    pull him back into the hallway so you don't have to deal with endless spiders
    Try to pull him away from your withered so he won't eat them / aoe kill them (You want none of your withered to be in range with him, while also not to far away that they will disappear.

Once after looting all the chests before dro, and whichever are still lootable after kiting dro and killing him, the next scenario will be a lot easier, you will have around 28 withered when dro spawns, you pop all cd's with your withered berserking and you kill him before he kills to many of your withered (I had 22 remaining and cleared the entire scenario with those).

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    - Let the volatile wraiths cast arcane munition on you, but make sure to be away from your withered
    why? silence the first cast. and with 20+ withered it should die before it even starts casting the explosion at low hp. you should only have to dragons breath if its your first time in and your withered have no upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    why? silence the first cast. and with 20+ withered it should die before it even starts casting the explosion at low hp. you should only have to dragons breath if its your first time in and your withered have no upgrades.
    Because you can use this guide your first time you enter, and you don't have 20+ withered. Bro if you have 20+ withered its not very hard to kill dro either is it, just hit berserk and it should die before you die.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Because you can use this guide your first time you enter, and you don't have 20+ withered. Bro if you have 20+ withered its not very hard to kill dro either is it, just hit berserk and it should die before you die.
    well you said at the start, to get 2k mana before you enter, so i was obviously assuming your run was including the 20 withered.