Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    Here is your problem. Unless you are in some kind of super high-end mythic guild that requires maximum AP there is absolutely no reason to do so many.
    I'm not sure how the math will shake out in the end but the difference between my artifact (which is a fairly high--for normal players--17 right now) and say a guy who's 20... Well, if that difference is 3 now it won't even be 1. That player is doing a lot of work because he needs every single edge in cutting edge content. But his artifact level will probably be the same as mine in 2 months because of the exponential increases. It seems like a pretty workable system.

I tend to overachieve early in the expansions so I can slack a bit later but it's hard to say there's not a lot to do.

Why does everything think 300 WQ is a lot? The achievement goes up to 10,000. Clearly you are suppose to be doing them a lot. While leveling you did 500-1000 quests (depending how thorough you are), many people did this in one or two sittings. Whats another 300 quests, 2 weeks in? Nothing.

If you are doing all the suramar WQ, and all the AP WQs, you'd have way more than 300 already. I just got 500 achievement tonight and I don't touch any of the gold/resource ones. My main gripe is we were seeing repeat WQ on day two, and I haven't seen a non-repeat in the last few days. In an interview some random blizzard employee claimed there wouldn't be many WQ repeats until a month or so in. Clearly he was misinformed.

I've since hit Rank 21 on my artifact, and I am probably just going to stop doing WQ until more AK. Doing ~30 WQ a day for 10% of a perk isn't very appealing but I have nothing else to do after 10/10 mythic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    they need to add rep to dungeons cos didnt they say they wanted dungeons to be relevant, well normals and heroics are irrelevant now if your 840 or higher, even if you wanna farm AP you get more from mythic plus and raids when they open, if they want to keep NM,HC and mythic relevant they need to add rep gains in those dungeons, they did it in BC so why cant they do it now, grinding world quests for rep is boring, the great thing about mmo games is that there should be choices in what way you play, theres only 1 choice for rep in legion and thats do WQ, the only difference in one area is that withered scenario every 3 days but thats not enough, the suramar rep is gated to much, and i mcurrently revered with them
    Correct me if I am wrong but raids seem to grant no AP. I can't find a single raid related AP reward. They want people doing world quests, daily heroic, and mythic+ dungeons for AP to keep that content "relevant" it seems.

Also dungeons reward 250 rep on completion.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-09-13 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I suppose, as long as you realize that gold can be bought from the cash-shop "store". Buy items (such as pets) with real $$, sell them for gold. Fans keep saying it isn't Pay-To-Win, but smells like it to me.

Fans today aren't dedicated, like old-school fans were, regarding integrity :P Nowhere even close. Drags morale down, IMO.
    Yeah you drop your 400$ to get enough gold to get a lower ilvl I'm just going to get by playing the game. You keep making your mountains out of molehills.

Your nostalgia goggles literally don't allow you to see the past as anything but a perfect Utopia when it comes to the past and anything in Legion is automatic shit. Vanilla fans were perfectly shitty, your inability to recognize any fault/handwave it away doesn't change the reality.

Integrity is just the legacy code word for "everything anyone does has to take 700 hours, and even though a blind retard could do it we're going to call that skill,".
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Game is amazing so far

PvP healing has been way too powerful for several expansions now and killed the enjoyment. It is an excellent change

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Yeah you drop your 400$ to get enough gold to get a lower ilvl I'm just going to get by playing the game. You keep making your mountains out of molehills.

Your nostalgia goggles literally don't allow you to see the past as anything but a perfect Utopia when it comes to the past and anything in Legion is automatic shit. Vanilla fans were perfectly shitty, your inability to recognize any fault/handwave it away doesn't change the reality.

Integrity is just the legacy code word for "everything anyone does has to take 700 hours, and even though a blind retard could do it we're going to call that skill,".
    Still dosen't justify that in game items should be purchased by idiots with more money than sense. So yeah, the game was better when Blizzard still cared about game integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    they need to add rep to dungeons cos didnt they say they wanted dungeons to be relevant, well normals and heroics are irrelevant now if your 840 or higher, even if you wanna farm AP you get more from mythic plus and raids when they open, if they want to keep NM,HC and mythic relevant they need to add rep gains in those dungeons, they did it in BC so why cant they do it now, grinding world quests for rep is boring, the great thing about mmo games is that there should be choices in what way you play, theres only 1 choice for rep in legion and thats do WQ, the only difference in one area is that withered scenario every 3 days but thats not enough, the suramar rep is gated to much, and i mcurrently revered with them
    I agree with you. Even if they know there are people like the op that would play 24/7 till they are exalted and whine they have nothing to do, a compromise would be the MoP system of each day you got rep from a heroic. I personally like the tabard system...now they are for exalted, whereas before they were for friendly and there to grind rep not as a reward for doing quests for rep.

World of Questcraft is burning me out. There is a reason I don't have loremaster - questing gets boring if that's the only path available.

What I'd like to know is how you managed to get burnt out with the lack of content you're talking about. If it was no content to do did you get burnt out by standing still in Dalaran?

Come on gimme a break, just because you rushed your ass of to 110 to do all the content as soon as possible doesnt mean that theres a lack of content. That's your own fault.
    Basically what you're saying if you chug a beer its less beer then if you just drink it normally. Makes perfect sense right?

Raids isnt even out yet, if raids were out now you wouldnt have been able to do all those world quests etc and feeling so burnt out. Unless you are unemployed but then... yeah maybe I would go and get a job then!

Quote Originally Posted by siegfrid View Post
    Game is amazing so far

PvP healing has been way too powerful for several expansions now and killed the enjoyment. It is an excellent change
    I agree with you but on the other hand I quite liked being a armor clad shield wielding healing monster as Paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Not everyone chooses to take sick days off of work to play WoW for a couple days straight.

Also rushing through content to then rush through end game is very unappealing for many players. If you're trying avoid WoW burnout that is actually a really bad way to go about playing. Other than the obvious problem of content consumption/exhaustion you also risk the problem of feeling pushed to 'win the race' of upgrades/rep grinds/gear/cosmetics and if you fall behind you are more likely to get discouraged that you are now 'losing the race'. There is a point where people decide to choose that competition and comparison isn't as high of a priority as taking your time.
    I didn't take any days off. Just played the evenings and some weekends. 36h played in 2.5 weeks is about 2h a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    There's people that have done over 500 already lol.
    IMO if you have done 500 world quests then you need to go out into the real world and do 500 real world quests
    Hi

Deleted
    lmfao. this is not a game for you. skyrim, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Fercho750 View Post
    Fuck playing competitively, i have overwatch for that.
    overwatch competitive LUL

nice 4 hero meta game u have xd

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing alts when I've got bored on my Rogue (which is waiting for raids mostly) Suramar is one of my favourite zones ever, which is odd as I normally like baron type zones, not sure how you got through that so quickly?

The class campaigns are the best part of Legion so far tho, so I'm enjoying those and taking my time with all of them.

Keep in mind, that it takes usually more time to Code/design a simple quest than to actually do it in the game. Then also think about how long it takes to implement certain effects, spells etc. for classes and how much it takes to design a zone, make dungeons, raids etc.

Basically, Blizzard just can't make so much content for people, who literally play 24/7 like OP. They aren't gods ffs

Honestly, I get where the OP is coming from. Having said that, I'm taking it super slow so the way I see it is there's always something to do.

If anything, I look at the guys who are already 850 and think 'I would be miserable if my goal was to just power through the content'.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even playing an obscene amount every day (as I do, preparing for mythic raiding) I still haven't "burned myself out". Sure, it's my opinion of sorts but there is still plenty to do in the game in comparison to the farmville expansion we just had.

Be greatful the content had lasted you long enough such that your initial purchase price wont need an extra subscription payment, 8hrs a day for a week and half? No other AAA title nowadays can offer you that for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    There's always going to be A LOT of content to take in when it comes to questing, but what is there to do at max level once you're geared up for raids?
    WQ:s give you rep. That's something I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Honestly, I get where the OP is coming from. Having said that, I'm taking it super slow so the way I see it is there's always something to do.

If anything, I look at the guys who are already 850 and think 'I would be miserable if my goal was to just power through the content'.
    To be fair... I haven't rushed at all through the Ccntent (I actually read most quest text and follow lore very closely) and I have ilvl850(got even a legendary) as well. Just do mythics(once per week) and world quests which award you gear.

OP has obviously done every single WQ, also these which award you only like a small amount of ressources or Gold.

Having that said, most of my gear isn't ilvl850 and I still do quite a lot WQ's (never done more than a half of the available ones) and I totally enjoy it so far.

Fair play, that's cool. I guess for me I'm not losing sleep over not doing mythics. I'll jump into them when I have time.