Thread: Star's Design

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is a post on the wowhead comments for the item about some one getting it. Probably not legit.

Deleted
    Chiming in: When I went to Ulduar yesterday. When i was flying close to it, an RP-chat Window propped from Mimiron and he told Brann Bronzebeard something. Like ok to approach. I didn't write it up. Also, while near Ulduar, I couldnt change the raid size to 25. Even got in a big raid, but when I dropped, it changed back to 10 and grayed out.

Never see the chat happen before this. Flew there with some alts, but nothing happened either. Can anyone try it out?

Deleted
    So many theories right now. We need to consolidate this whole thing. Perhaps the OP of the thread can go through it and gather the information, updating the original post with what's been attempted and not lead to anything. Would be helpful.

There is Nar'thalas Magisters(nelf ghost) in Azsuna who stand on topp of a little cliff above the murlocs. Nagas will spawn randomly, and then the nelfs spams FIREBALLS on the nagas when they die. Kinda weird, but not related I guess.

Been googling a bit now the latest hours, and was thinking to investigate something about the Shen'dralar. They are now in Darnassus(and few in Dire Maul) They are highborn mages who were under Queen Azsharas reign. Shen'dralar means Those who remain hidden. Probably nothing though., but mage, nelf, hidden etc is interesting.

Could be something about the temple of the moon as some suggested, I was also thinking about the yellow text on the actual design. The Nightwell is like the most important thing for the nightborn, maybe it has something to do with that?

It's exciting and frustrating at the same time. It could literally be everything!

Deleted

Getting this whenever I fly towards ulduar. This might be related with the other ulduar theories

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaii View Post

Getting this whenever I fly towards ulduar. This might be related with the other ulduar theories
    Thank you! This is what I got. And only got it on mage, which seems the most concreet lead we have so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaikie View Post
    Thank you! This is what I got. And only got it on mage, which seems the most concreet lead we have so far.
    This is actually just a bug. The dialogue is from the Beast Mastery Hunter's artifact quest, in which you run around Ulduar and the Storm Peaks with Mimiron. It's completely unrelated to Mages.

I've had the dialogue appear on all 12 classes I've flown by Ulduar with.

That "talking head" is for the hunter BM weapon. Could be related i suppose, but could also have bugged out and showed you something that a hunter nearby triggered.

I did Algalon today to see if he would react to Felo'melorn. Sadly he didnt, but I also didnt see anything with Mimiron

edit: and someone beat me to it.

Felo'melorn, Part Seven

In time, Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider realized his dream of rejoining the broken pieces of Felo'melorn.

It is said that the sword was reforged with ""magic, and hatred, and a burning need for revenge.""

There are some who speculate that the sword was taken to a descendant of Luminarian, the magesmith who originally created the weapon on his legendary arcane forge before the War of the Ancients. This assertion has never been independently verified.

This is the newly datamined thingy from wowhead. Couldnt find any clues except this. Tried google and everything, can't find anything. Just a far fetch, but the word Luminarium means:

A luminarium is a monumental walk-in sculpture which people enter to be moved by a sense of wonder at the beauty of light and colour.
    Exxopolis is the first luminarium to be mainly designed on computer and the new technology has permitted a very-wide ranging experiment.
    Each luminarium is an original design. The principal difference between the different luminaria is found in the rendering of the domes and in the layout of the tunnels.

This so far out man :P

But surely Luminarian was quel'dorei and not kaldorei, right? That means his descendants shouldn't be found in Suramar, which seems so obviously tied into Star's Design.

Is there a master blacksmith in Suramar? I remember stumbling over a master leatherworker somewhere. I also recall talking to some Nightborne blacksmith somewhere who said something about there being a supposed rival outside the city and about relishing the competition.

The Kal'dorei race includes both the night elves as a whole and the Highborne (quel'dorei) upper class and Nightborne (shal'dorei) further evolved night elves of Suramar City.

They are all the same originally tho, they went to their own later.

Suramar is even more Highborn than anything else.

Anyways, far fetched :P

Edit: Highborn/Quel'dorei are more mage than kaldorei, if we can categorize that.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2016-09-13 at 03:57 PM.

By quel'dorei I mean actual high elves, not the Highborne predecessors (why they kept the same name I cannot say). Since Felo'melorn was forged for Dath'Remar and he was a high elf, it would stand to reason that Luminarian was also a high elf and not a night elf. As such, his lineage would be high elves, not night elves as we still find in Suramar (altered, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    By quel'dorei I mean actual high elves, not the Highborne predecessors (why they kept the same name I cannot say). Since Felo'melorn was forged for Dath'Remar and he was a high elf, it would stand to reason that Luminarian was also a high elf and not a night elf. As such, his lineage would be high elves, not night elves as we still find in Suramar (altered, but still).
    Not to derail from the actual thread here, but everyone(including Dath'remar) are Night elves, wich they were thousands of years ago.

Dath'remar is actually just as Night Elf like Tyrande(they even got history together) Malfurion and such, they just went apart when the Highborn(High elves) went for arcane magic and the others took druidism.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Dath'Remar_Sunstrider

It was when the Night Elves how we know them turned to druidism and escaped the arcane magic, the quel'dorei and kaldorei were separated.

Thus, they are all from the same sociaty as the current Nightborn is, now they are just separated into Kaldorei, quel'dorei and Nightborn,

I do however understand your point, since the sword was made after they came to Quel'thalas(or in between)

But it can make sense that some quel'dorei has some history towards the Suramar we are roaming in.

Well, that's interesting! Thanks for the clarification.

That would mean there is still a possibility of Star's Design being connected to the lineage of Luminarian. Anyone know any blacksmith NPCs in Suramar off hand, or should we go looking?

That would mean there is still a possibility of Star's Design being connected to the lineage of Luminarian. Anyone know any blacksmith NPCs in Suramar off hand, or should we go looking?
    Was just done with World Quests and going to look now :P

Theres three that I have found, the one in waning crescent, the fel blacksmith near the north-eastern ridge of the fel area, and the nightfallen that you recruit. Didn't seem to have anything in the way of dialogue suggesting there was a connection. The waning crescent smith says something about rumors of a blacksmith outside of the city and that she's ready for competition. < paraphrased from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Been googling a bit now the latest hours, and was thinking to investigate something about the Shen'dralar. They are now in Darnassus(and few in Dire Maul) They are highborn mages who were under Queen Azsharas reign. Shen'dralar means Those who remain hidden. Probably nothing though., but mage, nelf, hidden etc is interesting.
    The Shen'dralar Mage trainer in Darnassus is now also in our Class Hall, Halls of the Guardian. Mmm speculations.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulisGronhale View Post
    Theres three that I have found, the one in waning crescent, the fel blacksmith near the north-eastern ridge of the fel area, and the nightfallen that you recruit. Didn't seem to have anything in the way of dialogue suggesting there was a connection. The waning crescent smith says something about rumors of a blacksmith outside of the city and that she's ready for competition. < paraphrased from memory.
    Do you remember where in the WC the smith was located?

the blacksmith outside the city I believe is a reference to the demon hunter who is a blacksmith that is part of the blacksmith quest chain

Yea the blacksmith thing seems like a dead end for now. Tomorrow at 8pm mountain time i get my 3rd artifact knowledge which unlocks another lore chapter in my tome in the order hall. I will read it and see if any new clues come up.