Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    So tell me again how it is a bad thing that due to this "issue" there will be more tanks available for the dungeons vs dps?
    I myself never tank, I just don't whatever is needed to even have a desire to tank. With that said, anytime a tank spec\class has an advantage doing something, I'll go tank. When it was Blood DKs soloing the troll warbringers, I was there. Now in Legion I found it's just easier to do abut everything has Prot spec. My first 2 withered training sessions ended with me dying in the first room on the first pull of the arcane guy. Rolled Prot and now I'm superman.

But you're never going to see me tank a dungeon and of the others that I know who have never tank, but switch to tank spec to quest in legion, none have plans to tank more than a World Quest boss. But Blizzard's plan of making tank spec the better way to play might pay out more, though I suspect it will be like it was in the heavy DK days, in which you have a bunch of people who try to tank but have no idea what they are doing.

Deleted
    The trick is to use 2K mana(get your MAX amount of units before you go in and for that you have to quest a whole lot and go for the Loremaster. Some treasure also raises your max cap).

Being tanky makes only 1 thing easier - you can absorb more. Having max amount of unit, will compensate for this.

If you are not a tanky, you simple go a bit slower.

Either way, you want to pick talents/spec, that gives you must access to CC(stuns/interuptions etc.).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-09-13 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    If the withered would stop going in mele range, and leave the aggro to my Voidwalker, that'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I myself never tank, I just don't whatever is needed to even have a desire to tank. With that said, anytime a tank spec\class has an advantage doing something, I'll go tank. When it was Blood DKs soloing the troll warbringers, I was there.
    It was more efficient to solo as certain dps specs due to how fast you killed them. Without exaggeration as a shaman I could solo 2 and be on my way to a third in the time a tank did 1.

Now in Legion I found it's just easier to do abut everything has Prot spec. My first 2 withered training sessions ended with me dying in the first room on the first pull of the arcane guy. Rolled Prot and now I'm superman.

But you're never going to see me tank a dungeon and of the others that I know who have never tank, but switch to tank spec to quest in legion, none have plans to tank more than a World Quest boss. But Blizzard's plan of making tank spec the better way to play might pay out more, though I suspect it will be like it was in the heavy DK days, in which you have a bunch of people who try to tank but have no idea what they are doing.
    Tanks were extremely strong first couple wither sessions but once you're going in with 20, have mana ragers etc. it's once again good going as dps due to how fast you burn everything (melee have interrupts/stuns, ranged have kiting potential outside of annoying berserkers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    1) If you can't interrupt the cast, run away from your withered. As for the last explosion, make sure you keep some kind of CC (stun, disorient, incapacitate, knockback etc) for it as it's uninterruptible.
    Running away from the withered doesn't help - as the withered have agro on the dude.
    Last explosion - have no stuns etc available.

I just go in and get 150 rep once every three days - never managed to get a chest back as all my withered are dead by the time I get to them.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It put's the cast on you hence why yo ucan run away, because it does an explosion on you.

What class has no stun or knockback at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Here you go my friend... I didn't know what I was doing my first time, but this YouTube helped out.

Yep it totaly helped another tank video for withered army.

15+ Year Old Account
    The stealth boss cleaned the floor with me and my army Died first time and on the second time I knew there was a boss there so only barely survived, but with no army remaining. So I do see why a tank would be better, unless upgrades make the army significantly tougher.

So I think it's better at least for me to not proceed to that room and grab chests from rooms before that to get some upgrades hopefully.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It was more efficient to solo as certain dps specs due to how fast you killed them. Without exaggeration as a shaman I could solo 2 and be on my way to a third in the time a tank did 1.

Tanks were extremely strong first couple wither sessions but once you're going in with 20, have mana ragers etc. it's once again good going as dps due to how fast you burn everything (melee have interrupts/stuns, ranged have kiting potential outside of annoying berserkers)
    It isnt about your dmg. It is about tanks what can aggro everything on them and selfheal it all while dmg can agrro **** abd if so youw ill die in couple of hits specialy from bosses so mobs start killing your army. Last scenario when i pulld spider boss in exact moment that *** rogue appeared and start killing my entire army i can t aggro him becouse he would kill me so i end up lossing scenario becouse all my withered army died. Tanks would just simply taunt him and tank him together with rest of all mobs.

Tanks are able to survive, that's their thing. They certainly don't "destroy" this scenario, it takes longer to kill everything than a DPS so you have to rely more on control, interrupts, and stuns to prevent damage to your Withered. Not sure what the problem is though, even if a Tank can push to an extra treasure chest than a DPS, so what? It still takes the same amount of Withered to purchase that chest as anyone else.

Having a Tank potentially get 50 more rep in a run isn't exactly game-breaking. If that were the case we should nerf Human characters, because they get an extra 10% rep all-over because of their racial ability. The devs have said many times that some classes/specs are better suited for certain situations than others and not everyone needs to be equal all the time.
    Last edited by MatadorMedia; 2016-09-14 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    The stealth boss cleaned the floor with me and my army Died first time and on the second time I knew there was a boss there so only barely survived, but with no army remaining. So I do see why a tank would be better, unless upgrades make the army significantly tougher.

So I think it's better at least for me to not proceed to that room and grab chests from rooms before that to get some upgrades hopefully.

Dro killed my entire army 2 times too.

I went it last night and ruined him, 0 death. You have to go in with the maximum withered you can, it helps a TON. Then you'll be able to kill him a lot faster.

What helped me :

- Knowing he apparently spawns from cocoon, so I just cleared everything except cocoon, got to max withered (20+) and then killed cocoons. When he popped, I used berserk on my withered and he was dead in like 30 seconds.
    - He can be stunned/feared etc. Stunning him during his charges make it stop. I only have one fear every minute (DH Tank) but he died so fast he didn't get to kill anyone.
    - If you have no upgrades at all, do a couple of run without killing any cocoons, and get a few chests as soon as you see them. Try to keep a healthy amount of withered to still have decent dps.

With upgrades, mobs just die like flies, I even got to kill a couple of boss.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yep it totaly helped another tank video for withered army.
    Can't tell if sarcasm, not enough coffee, but the guy I sent that too was a DH tank, so hopefully it did help.

Anyways, I'm all ears for how to do with DPS. I assume rogues can do it easier due to stun locks... but my poor lock friend isn't having fun.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Dro killed my entire army 2 times too.

I went it last night and ruined him, 0 death. You have to go in with the maximum withered you can, it helps a TON. Then you'll be able to kill him a lot faster.

What helped me :

- Knowing he apparently spawns from cocoon, so I just cleared everything except cocoon, got to max withered (20+) and then killed cocoons. When he popped, I used berserk on my withered and he was dead in like 30 seconds.
    - He can be stunned/feared etc. Stunning him during his charges make it stop. I only have one fear every minute (DH Tank) but he died so fast he didn't get to kill anyone.
    - If you have no upgrades at all, do a couple of run without killing any cocoons, and get a few chests as soon as you see them. Try to keep a healthy amount of withered to still have decent dps.

With upgrades, mobs just die like flies, I even got to kill a couple of boss.

Hope this helps.
    Awesome advice! Thanks

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Tanks are able to survive, that's their thing. They certainly don't "destroy" this scenario, it takes longer to kill everything than a DPS so you have to rely more on control, interrupts, and stuns to prevent damage to your Withered. Not sure what the problem is though, even if a Tank can push to an extra treasure chest than a DPS, so what? It still takes the same amount of Withered to purchase that chest as anyone else.
    In all fairness, the advantage of being a tank is more prominent in withered training because the withered make up such a large percentage of your damage done. Having strong threat gen, stuns and survivability is a pretty significant advantage. As a Death Knight, I can tell you that I'd be silly to do it as Frost or Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    In all fairness, the advantage of being a tank is more prominent in withered training because the withered make up such a large percentage of your damage done. Having strong threat gen, stuns and survivability is a pretty significant advantage. As a Death Knight, I can tell you that I'd be silly to do it as Frost or Unholy.
    Yeah, I can see how it's easier to progress in Tank spec to account for your withered pulling stupid things. But again I don't really get what the big deal is about this scenario; you don't get any substantial rewards, just rep with the Nightfallen. Doesn't seem like it's a big deal that Tanks can possibly push farther in. I've finished the scenario and earned every chest, all I've really gotten is rep, one champion item, a battle pet, and withered buffs for doing the scenario again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It does sort of suck when good performance is tied to a rep reward, though; ment the difference between unlocking and not unlocking the new dungeons first reset for some of our raiders.
    well almost any class can get the 400 required points for it at worst you have to change specs, i do it on my resto druid by speccing to guardian with a 750 wep (well it's bigger now but still it was 750 on my first run) as a rogue/warlock it's laughably easy warrior,pala,DK, DH, monk can all do it on tank specs (remember you basically dont need to change any gear now for it)

so what's left are mages, shamans and hunters and priests
    i dont think hunters would struggle much due to them having 2 pets
    enha shamans have a lot of sustain and burst so that's good too

the rest i dont know priests probably suck the most there and mages cant be that great either, but overall the majority of CLASSES are fine :P