Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulkjavel View Post
    I have seen this quest b4. Its also been mentioned further back in this thread. You cant find it on WOWHEAD but WOWDB added it same week as Legion got released.
    Different ID, old quest had ID 43559 (vs new one - 43558), and flagged deprecated. It had more specific info, like you were handing the quest to Thrymjaris, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    It wasn't in the database until yesterday. I went through quests yesterday and uploaded scanned data to wowdb.
    Since Ashbringer skin is homage to classic purified ashbringer, I have a hunch that TF skin is a homage to original thunderfury, and we simply need to wait for a drop.
    Then we are looking for them to drop off some fire elementals somewhere right?

Or an earth elemental. My guess would be we get one from somewhere, get told to get the other plus the ore. I think that will them make Ash'golm have 100% drop chance for the other, a fire elemental that was a lieutenant of Ragnaros is too obvious to ignore.

My current thinking is;

We have a chance to get it from Defiant Legacy, but that would mean 2 from class hall perks which is odd.
    There still something we've missed on the Broken Isles.
    Something obscure from Old World.
    It's gated behind some pointless AK level, which would suck.

My argument against AK gating is that the text about the Dreadblades has nothing to do with Thunderfury at all, plus there doesn't seem to be any reason why our Researcher would be involved. Whereas the Ret AK research actually talks about it being corrupted, so kinda makes sense.
    Last edited by Alnilam81; 2016-09-13 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    Or an earth elemental. My guess would be we get one from somewhere, get told to get the other plus the ore. I think that will them make Ash'golm have 100% drop chance for the other, a fire elemental that was a lieutenant of Ragnaros is too obvious to ignore.
    Wouldn't we already know from data mining if it dropped something?

Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    Wouldn't we already know from data mining if it dropped something?
    Depends how well blizzard hides it, but I wonder now that the quest has appeared, does this mean somebody got it?

Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    Depends how well blizzard hides it, but I wonder now that the quest has appeared, does this mean somebody got it?
    There is a chance someone has made some progress and is keeping quiet until all done.

Deleted
    So the bindings give us a hint but we dont investigate it or someone already did?

The bindings originally made to catch the power/essence from thunderaan. Again... this plan should be done after the shaman raise thunderaan and become the new windlord since Al'akir (his father) is gone. So we know someone (or a group, maybe the legion itself) heared about that thunderaan is the new windlord and again alive.

Ragnaros tried to consume the power/essence of thunderaan and failed, he wasnt strong enaugh to consume all of his power. He captured the rest of the power/essence into an amulet and crushed it into two half. (Old Thnuderfury -> Garr & Geddon held it). Now we have again two bindings like the old one to catch the power/essence from thunderaan. Someone tried it but didnt finished the job or failed and leave the bindings behind?

For me the big questions now are:
    1. Who could profit or could be strong enaugh to consume the new Thunderaan power/essence?
    2. Was the attempt to catch the power/essence from thunderaan before the shaman raised him and made him the new windlord or before?

If we follow more lore based it seem someone tried the same thing as ragnaros did before but failed. Ragnaros catched Thunderaan but the new villain didnt catched him... failed the mission... maybe droped the bindings or still hold the bindings... ???

Reading the one bit of quest text it seems we will get one from somewhere, and then take that to someone. My guess would be Highlord Demitrian as that would make the most sense. He'll then arrange for us to meet Thunderaan, which will no doubt port us into the same place used by Shamans, he'll then thank us for recovering the binding before they could be used and then reward us with the skin.

My guess would be that these binding are old binding that have never been used, hence why I think Ash'golm makes sense, but probably for the second as that drop could be trigger by the quest and would explain why noone has had a drop so far.

The quest giver called them (the bindings) "wretched implements" sounds like he's seen them before or at least has knowledge of them, and of course Highlord Demitrian fits the bill for that perfectly.

Had to make account to join the hunt. If the paladin corrupted ashbringer skin really follows the tin foil hat theory as inspiration for obtaining the artifact skin then maybe something similar holds true for thunderfury? Originally Geddon did not drop the thunderfury binding like he was meant to and instead dropped Talisman of Binding Shard which is only neck in game to have a permanent graphic for wearer. This legendary amulet dropped once and was taken off loot tables after it dropped. This is just a theory but could those earlier on saying that maybe a amulet sold by Griftah was needed were onto something? Perhaps a Rogue needs to get a specific neck item in old content similar to Paladin needing the nat pagle books.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post

My current thinking is;

We have a chance to get it from Defiant Legacy, but that would mean 2 from class hall perks which is odd.
    There still something we've missed on the Broken Isles.
    Something obscure from Old World.
    It's gated behind some pointless AK level, which would suck.

My argument against AK gating is that the text about the Dreadblades has nothing to do with Thunderfury at all, plus there doesn't seem to be any reason why our Researcher would be involved. Whereas the Ret AK research actually talks about it being corrupted, so kinda makes sense.
    Well hunters get two of theirs from a vendor so it wouldn't be unheard of.

Maybe we find one of the bindings through defiant legacy and have to farm the other from Ash. Time will tell though. There's enough rogues looking.

Defiant legacy definitely makes more sense the more I think about it. Ash has been locked up a hot minute (see what I did there) and I can't picture finding something like thunderfury on random trash.

Least it's there and it's coming

Deleted
    Hey guys, and it looks like we are getting to a serious lead now.
    (And yes, as some said, we are back at the start, yet i believe it is a stronger lead than before).

This strong lead is the simple quest : http: //www wowdb com/quests/43558-bindings-of-the-windlord
    By reading the text, i believe we're somehow going to plot against Thunderaan (or maybe plot twist and help him but well... We're pirates boys). SOMEONE wants us to bring him the bindings and material to actually BIND them.
    Now we have to find who (and why ofc), then it will be the trigger.
    So here are what i've read on the thread and the hints to find this guy.
    (No credits, because it would be too many people for over a week ... And i take absolutely no credits for what i will be saying, i'm just summing up).

First part : Think LOGICAL :
    We're not supposed to know Thunderaan is back, nor is anyone else except shamans.
    So since this is new, it will obviously be on the broken isles.
    Then it leads us to think, time must fly a bit so the rumours can grow.
    I believe the trigger is time-gated, it would make sense to make us wait for the NPCs to have time about hearing that Thunderaan is back.

Second part : The time-gating :
    I don't believe this will have anything to do with world bosses or raids, this would be IRL time-gating, we're looking at IG time-gating to make sense.
    We should probably look at our Tier4 order hall advancement or gather Artifact Knowledge. They are both evident and solid as time-gating for the story on the broken isles.
    My opinion would be AK, since it will reduce in time with the extension going on.

Third part : Who, Why :
    By reading the quest, it is obviously someone who knows Thunderaan, since he can make up an audience.
    But as it seems he wants to use the bindings, we need to find someone hostile to Thunderaan, or interested in his power.
    Strong possibilities are :
    - Ash'golm : Ragnaros link etc... No need to say more here.
    - The wardens : Why not ? They look like to capture everything possibly dangerous, if they think Thunderaan is dangerous, they will lock him.
    - Daargrul : There is no visible link here, but let's think a little, he comes from the underworld using earth elementals's power. What if the Grand elemental of earth felt that Thunderaan was alive again and asked Daargrul to get up and bind him (or even bring back is power ?). To me it would make sense.

Fourth part : Where to search :
    I don't think the trigger would be in any dungeon, but the quests will get us to kill Ash'golm / Daargrul for the bindings.
    And i have no idea for where could be the head of the "take down Thunderaan" plot. Yet that's what we need.
    One thing is sure : Stop searching shipwrecked and such, this as probably nothing to do with thunderfury.

TLDR :
    - The quest is a strong lead.
    - Some one is plotting against Thunderaan, the goal is to find who.
    - The bindings will probably be quest items.
    - High chances are there is a time-gating mechanic for it.

PS :
    - I do not take any credits for it, only summing up people thoughts over the week.
    - Sorry if my speaking feels weird from time to time, i'm not English.

Wish you good luck and good fun !

so heres the thing.

with all the new infos, and the quest text

With Thunderaan risen again as the lord of Skywall, there may indeed be an arrangement you can make in exchange for those wretched implements. But one binding is of no use on its own. Return to me with both bindings, and with powerful enough ore to bind them, and I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord.

according to this quest text "Return to me with both bindings" this can only mean its dematrios or whatever his name is, the guy in silithus, from vanilla wow TF. that means the quest will start when we find the first binding.

now the question is, where is it ? im pretty sure its held by someone who has a grudge against thunderaan, OR what is also very posibble, its hidden in uldum, the cataclysm zone with harrison jones, adventures and so on, this zone makes sense for old powerfull artefacts. we should focus on this zone. or does somebody know more about the lore? who else hates thunderaan/ alakir besides other elemental lords?

edit: according to the quest text, the person talking is trying to recreate thunderaan, so he is still within the bindings, just like back then in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Serinya View Post
    -snip-!
    I don't know why you think the quest giver wants to bind him.

He wants us to bind the 2 items to one and then give it to thunderaan. Becasue only one half will not be enough for an audience with the windlord.

Only when we bring him both completed into one item he will meet us.

"Description

With Thunderaan risen again as the lord of Skywall, there may indeed be an arrangement you can make in exchange for those wretched implements. But one binding is of no use on its own. Return to me with both bindings, and with powerful enough ore to bind them, and I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord."
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karajo View Post
    so heres the thing.

With Thunderaan risen again as the lord of Skywall, there may indeed be an arrangement you can make in exchange for those wretched implements. But one binding is of no use on its own. Return to me with both bindings, and with powerful enough ore to bind them, and I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord.

according to this quest text "Return to me with both bindings" this can only mean its dematrios or whatever his name is, the guy in silithus, from vanilla wow TF. that means the quest will start when we find the first binding.

now the question is, where is it ? im pretty sure its held by someone who has a grudge against thunderaan, OR what is also very posibble, its hidden in uldum, the cataclysm zone with harrison jones, adventures and so on, this zone makes sense for old powerfull artefacts. we should focus on this zone. or does somebody know more about the lore? who else hates thunderaan/ alakir besides other elemental lords?

edit: according to the quest text, the person talking is trying to recreate thunderaan, so he is still within the bindings, just like back then in vanilla
    I dont follow the logic of the two bolded parts

Deleted
    A different scenario: one of the lightning dragons looking for the bindings cause they still hold much of his masters power and he wants to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by karajo View Post
    so heres the thing.

I don't think he's trying to recreate Thunderaan, he says Thunderaan had risen again. I think it's a pretty simple lore of, turns out there were some other bindings that hadn't been used, here you go Thunderaan you have them so no one can use them against you, he give us swords as thanks. There isn't a new "plot against him" just leftovers from an old previous one. I think people might expect more lore than they'll get, this is a Rogue only quest remember, plus Blizz is pretty lazy, even the Paladin quest just seems to be new text options on old NPCs, I 100% expect our meeting with Thunderaan just to be exactly the same as Shamans have access to but with new text.

Deleted
    I don't know why you think the quest giver wants to bind him.
    Well "there may indeed be an arrangement you can make in exchange for those wretched implements", to me it sounds like "hey help me bind him, and you can keep the weapon".
    Also "Return to me with both bindings, and with powerful enough ore to bind them...", sounds like he wants to actually use it.
    And "I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord." sounds like an inside guy.

And i honnestly don't see how the bindings could be already filled, since Thunderaan is OUTSIDE them.
    Maybe it would make sense if they only hold parts of Thunderaan's power.
    But yet, why would he give us his sword ? He's gonna need it. For me Thunderaan alive = No sword for us...

Deleted
    this will be my first post - im following this thread since page 1

so here is my theory:

Serinya mentioned that only the shamans know that Thunderaan is back/alive? Let's say Ashringer and TF skins are a homage to the vanilla ones.
    Maybe there are some currupted Shamans trying to bind Thunderaan to consume him like Ragnaros once did, planning an ambush with some sort of powerfull weapon. If this could be a possibility we should check for any shamans with a lust for power maybe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    Different ID, old quest had ID 43559 (vs new one - 43558), and flagged deprecated. It had more specific info, like you were handing the quest to Thrymjaris, and so on.
    Ah, interesting. That quest is still visible, on the beta subsite - http://beta.wowdb.com/quests/43559-deprecated

It seems likely that they replaced that quest with this one. I wonder if Thrymjaris is also the quest giver in this case.

Personally, I had no idea that the Storm Dragons were related to or respected a set of elementals. It makes sense, I suppose, considering their nature, but it just seems quite odd in the grand scheme of things. Are they servants of Thunderaan, then?
    Last edited by Simca; 2016-09-13 at 01:32 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

While doing a little bit of datamining, there are a few broadcast_text entries that talk about the bindings. I don't know how to find out who says the specific texts.

But, the broadcast_text entry is as follows:

"You possess a powerful binding from the Firelord's kin. These are no toys, $r. Bindings such as these threaten even the great elemental lords. They are unspeakably dangerous to possess.

Do you seek to imprison the Windlord with these bindings? Or do you have some other intent?"

Broadcast_text ID# 119150 if anyone else wants to take a look at it.