Page 31 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Someone said that Tornado kicks is bugging out. Is it still? I could choose it now but i dont want to if it dosent work

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Someone said that Tornado kicks is bugging out. Is it still? I could choose it now but i dont want to if it dosent work
    I am at the same spot.
    But since I went clockwise I will just pass this one and go for extra 5% dmg on SEF.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    I am at the same spot.
    But since I went clockwise I will just pass this one and go for extra 5% dmg on SEF.
    If i dont get answer here then i will too. Good trait also

Yes the WW artifact is strong (and not just the ability) but that's because our overall toolkit requires it. Would be interesting to see where the class resets to in patch 8/next expansion without it. We were pretty lacking in patch 7/pre-artifact.

Regardless of all that longer fights will show classes for what they really are. I think WW will still be very capable though from what I've seen facing off against some others where a fuck up has occurred and some resemblance of sustained comes through.

Kind of funny how WW went from the longest ramp up time to where it is now.

It's funny to see people defending WW damage simply because raids aren't out yet.

WW will be nerfed next week before EM comes out. No other class comes close to their AoE damage besides DH. DH will get, at most, a slap on the wrist as they are the shiny new class.

Just because WW may be weak in a raid setting doesn't negate the fact that they are stupid strong in mythic dungeons. Mythic+ is now another environment Blizzard has to consider when balancing. Before it was Pvp and raids, now it's mythic+ as well.

Arms is way ahead in ST and will also get nerfed. There is no denying the damage some specs are doing.

Bottom line, WW will get nerfed, namely the CD or damage on artifact. As much as I love WW on beta and live, they will get nerfed on the tuning before Emerald Nightmare
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-09-13 at 08:00 AM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    It's funny to see people defending WW damage simply because raids aren't out yet.

WW will be nerfed next week before EM comes out. No other class comes close to their AoE damage besides DH. DH will get, at most, a slap on the wrist as they are the shiny new class.

Just because WW may be weak in a raid setting doesn't negate the fact that they are stupid strong in mythic dungeons. Mythic+ is now another environment Blizzard has to consider when balancing. Before it was Pvp and raids, now it's mythic+ as well.

Arms is way ahead in ST and will also get nerfed. There is no denying the damage some specs are doing.

Bottom line, WW will get nerfed, namely the CD or damage on artifact. As much as I love WW on beta and live, they will get nerfed on the tuning before Emerald Nightmare
    Heretic!!! Where is my stake...

Deleted

I agree, justifying the current state of WW Monks based on their raid performance doesn't really hold water, because solo content and dungeons are supposed to remain relevant throughout the expansion and WW Monks trivialize those things.

Deleted
    Generally speaking: I find the notion that a class should be weak in raids because they're strong in mythic+ bad. Ideally, all classes should have a DD spec which is viable for any kind of content in the game.

That being said, it's possible a nerf will come. Though I'd rather see them wait till raids and mythic+ are out to get data from content that really matters, instead of stuff that gets AoE'd down in a few seconds anyway (i.e. instances below keystone level).

Deleted
    If I am correct SCK has been stealth nerfed on the PTR

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has bugged, its not "bugging out" its still worth the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I disagree with your choice of wording, it is true that IF WW is nerfed, there will be changes to other specs as well, so the nerf won't really be a big deal. I don't agree that SotW is the issue because, in a raid environment, it will be a much smaller portion of your damage.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Ok thanks. Altho i already took the SEF one instead of it. But ill get it with next lvl

Funny thing has been happening most noticibly when doing Tower WQ's. Frequently I will find myslef teleported a few feet closer to a mob when trying to attack it. I'm usually on the move, cleaving the adds and then Bamf! i get ported mid attack. I'm now right in front of the add and my attack hits without any issue.

Could this be a weird interaction from the rogue like adds that teleport around you constantly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Funny thing has been happening most noticibly when doing Tower WQ's. Frequently I will find myslef teleported a few feet closer to a mob when trying to attack it. I'm usually on the move, cleaving the adds and then Bamf! i get ported mid attack. I'm now right in front of the add and my attack hits without any issue.

Could this be a weird interaction from the rogue like adds that teleport around you constantly?
    It sounds like the PvP talent, which increases the range of Tiger Palm to 10 yards and teleports to your target (Rushing Tiger Palm). PvP talents are active in the World PvP quest areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Generally speaking: I find the notion that a class should be weak in raids because they're strong in mythic+ bad. Ideally, all classes should have a DD spec which is viable for any kind of content in the game.

That being said, it's possible a nerf will come. Though I'd rather see them wait till raids and mythic+ are out to get data from content that really matters, instead of stuff that gets AoE'd down in a few seconds anyway (i.e. instances below keystone level).
    ill take that nerf once the outlaw rogues who are 10 ilvls lower and keeping up get theirs.

last i checked they said they wont be nerfing but bringing other classes up but i digress. Im on the fence. theyre going to rebalance based off trivial ilvl 820ish dungeons?

doubtful. to play ww well you have a lot of downtime to keep hitcombo up, during that time your dps drops significantly which is going to bring us way way down on longer fights.

ae is our forte and it will continue to be from the l ooks of it. at least every 40 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Although I disagree with your choice of wording, it is true that IF WW is nerfed, there will be changes to other specs as well, so the nerf won't really be a big deal. I don't agree that SotW is the issue because, in a raid environment, it will be a much smaller portion of your damage.
    pretty much this.

Many people are being short sighted in this. Balancing/tuning for 5 man content at this point in the expansion is not NOR should not be the focus. Heroic/Mythic 5 mans are not end game design. It is content designed to give you something to do, gear up, and learn your class.

Raids are the endgame design, and to that affect so are mythic+ dungeons. But if you think the dps balance/spread that exists right now will exist going into the next several months then I would say you are wrong. Not only do you have artifact traits missing for all classes (including us) but tier gear and higher ilvls will influence dps spread as well.

People are acting like this is an end tier set up with maxed artifacts and gear. Its not. This is the beginning. If we are strong now, wait until Mages get their artifacts going and set bonuses. Wait until outlaw rogues and demon hunters max their artifact. So much of other classes damage is tied into their artifact traits that they do not have access to yet.

WW on the other hand are very strong right now because we can get Fists of the Wind early, and shove 3 relics to boost that even further. 30% increased to FoF damage (our #1 damage spell) is huge. This is really what is causing the big outlier. But look at the raid relics available in the upcoming raid tiers. Those relics will shift the damage away from FoF and into other traits. Unless you are extremely lucky and proc a Titanforged 895 Rolling Fog relic from a heroic/mythic Darkheart our damage profile spread will shift. Rising Sun Kick will become that much more of our damage portion from our new tier set bonus and relic drops. This in itself will lower our ST/Aoe because FoF will be doing much less damage.

TLR - Calling for nerfs are this point is an overreaction. While I expect EVERY class to have tuning adjustments, singling out WW because of how good we are at a 5 man heroic is ludicrous. It is a very narrow approach to balance tuning when there is so much more to come that will influence the dps spread.
    Last edited by Staggered; 2016-09-13 at 02:49 PM.

Mythic+ is endgame content though
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Mythic+ is endgame content though
    You entirely missed my point - that content is not available yet, and by the time people are doing high end Mythic+ dungeons, gear levels and artifact levels will be different than what they are now, which will greatly change the dps balance alone.

Yes, it's bugged.

Sometimes you hit for 25% twice, so instead of a 125% dmg on RSK all the time, you do 50% of RSK dmg on a RNG thing.

imgur.com/5R9dcxn

I did some testing while farming leather. Sometimes it takes less then 10 RSK to bug, and I also used more then 50 RSK to bug again. Tested with or whithout Hit Combo and Transfer the Power stacks. Every map on the Broken Isles. I didnt tested inside the Dungeons

Forgive me if this has been asked already (I did try to look through the past ~10 page of the thread) but do I want to use FoF on CD or do I want to optimize Transfer the Power stacks to a certain stack point? Thanks in advance, friends.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

Quote Originally Posted by Swankyy View Post
    Forgive me if this has been asked already (I did try to look through the past ~10 page of the thread) but do I want to use FoF on CD or do I want to optimize Transfer the Power stacks to a certain stack point? Thanks in advance, friends.
    Use it on cooldown.