Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Are people actually upset about burst damage? The ability to kill shit makes the game fun. Perhaps you'd like to return to Cata/MoP/WoD where healers had infinite mana and no one ever died? They literally added Dampening into the game because it was so fucking poorly designed they needed a God mechanic that slowly fucking killed players. Cata PvP was fun but MoP really butchered it by every definition of the word - invincible healers, out of control gear scaling, every class was the same.

I think the PvP changes in Legion are like... astoundingly for the better because (and I'm referring mostly to the stat balancing) they finally have accepted that PvE and PvP are fundamentally two very separate games. I hope they keep player damage and healing where it currently is and not give into the loud posters who complain about dying.

Another interesting thing I've noticed about Legion PvP is that, with the stat scaling, Alliance win rates in BGs have dropped dramatically. Alliance has never been very good at battlegrounds, but I would love to see the stats of the wins and losses since Legion. Is this just an anecdotal thing or what? Literally every single person I play with who PvPs on both sides has also confirmed it.

There is nothing interesting about dying during a 5 second stun if you don't have a trinket, its just stupid, I can't believe people are happy with this unless they play rogue or DH

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    There is nothing interesting about dying during a 5 second stun if you don't have a trinket, its just stupid, I can't believe people are happy with this unless they play rogue or DH
    As a DH, i hate stuns with a passion.

My issue is that to get gear for PvP I have to spend my time doing mythic dungeons, and after that raiding, if not, someone in raid gear will be better PvP geared.

There's several other issues that should really be addressed but hey, good luck with that.

Demon Hunters are in a stupid state, cleave is stupid, meta lasts too long, fly off into the air and throw shit down for 150K each time is stupid as well.
    Death knights having faceroll aoe pressure, Rogues being faceroll dps monsters, Paladins having a button that does literally 800K damage for losing, Warlocks sitting there and spamming drain life because it reduces damage done by 50%, all other casters being free kills for the melee train.

Also what's the fucking deal with pvp talents, they should do what other talents do and augment your playstyle not be a requirement, try playing WW monk without fists of fury stun, it's basically a requirement (Although to be fair WW are still stupidly strong)

I think pvp had potential to be in its best "balance" state, but it's probably in one of its worst outside of WotLK launch.

Deleted
    I've memorised the location of all graveyards and resurrection points this expansion. (I'm a caster).

Yeah.

World PVP is broken as fuck. No question about it. A DH hit me for 700k, then 1000k in less than a second. Which is fine, if not somewhat annoying. The game isn't balanced around WPvP.
    But the fact that you get more honour grinding PvE stuff rather than PvP, is quite frankly retarded.
    Legion has a lot of potential, seeing as they are separating PvE abilities with PvP ones. But still, right now, it's a little too messy for my taste.

Deleted
    https://www.twitch.tv/luuxia/v/87645740 this sums it nicely up.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    In WotLK my lava burst 2 shot almost anyone... yet people say Legion is burstier? :S
    WotLk everyone could burst or had some way to burst. Healers could still heal through it and there was still different types of CC and utility. There was a lot of way to slow down melee trains with disarms too.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Fucks sake. That's just disgusting, but it's ok (says every demon hunter ever) cause they're squishy.

Deleted
    Being squishy is not a weakness if you can refill your health fully twice in 15 seconds.

DH's not only top damage meters but sometimes surpass slacking healers in BGs at the moment.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most fun I've had in PvP since Wrath.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMeta View Post
    Being squishy is not a weakness if you can refill your health fully twice in 15 seconds.

DH's not only top damage meters but sometimes surpass slacking healers in BGs at the moment.
    That's because healers are constantly stunned, interrupted and killed by melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That's because healers are constantly stunned, interrupted and killed by melee.
    Not really, people didnt get suddenly good. most bgs i can freely heal 80% of the time as resto druid.

Deleted
    My 40k frostbolts are tickling people. I also have no stun, and every class can break novas.

I'd say 10/10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    My issue is that to get gear for PvP I have to spend my time doing mythic dungeons, and after that raiding, if not, someone in raid gear will be better PvP geared.

There's several other issues that should really be addressed but hey, good luck with that.

Demon Hunters are in a stupid state, cleave is stupid, meta lasts too long, fly off into the air and throw shit down for 150K each time is stupid as well.
    Death knights having faceroll aoe pressure, Rogues being faceroll dps monsters, Paladins having a button that does literally 800K damage for losing, Warlocks sitting there and spamming drain life because it reduces damage done by 50%, all other casters being free kills for the melee train.

Also what's the fucking deal with pvp talents, they should do what other talents do and augment your playstyle not be a requirement, try playing WW monk without fists of fury stun, it's basically a requirement (Although to be fair WW are still stupidly strong)

I think pvp had potential to be in its best "balance" state, but it's probably in one of its worst outside of WotLK launch.
    Really? You take Warlocks as the caster outlier? Their shields and cooldowns doesn't count for shit since they can't do anything else.
    They can literally just stand there and try to get enough ticks of drain life off. Their survivability is nothing compared to the mobility + ice block from a mage, for example. The shield gets annihilated in a mere second or two.

Just send the melee train on the warlock and he's one of the most useless casters around. If you get him to the point where he has to drain life just to prolong his life, you've already won.

They used to be strong in the PTR (super OP in fact), even really strong in the beta - but now? Free food I'd say. Along with most or even all other casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    I think normalizing stats was a good move to help balance WoW pvp. However, grinding honor for abilities is the stupidest type of farming ever.
    All the people that were thrilled gear was less of a factor are going to cry rivers when they realize we traded gear for the current system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My rDruid got rekt by a ret this morning, felt like uninstalling.
    From the looks of it this is a rough tier for healers in pvp. Most of the healers I have run with are sitting this one out after what they have seen in the first 2 weeks. It is far too easy to kill a healer in a 1v1 situation, which means they stand no chance when a few people focus them.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, people didnt get suddenly good. most bgs i can freely heal 80% of the time as resto druid.
    You can freely heal instant casts, odd.....
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

But templates will make everything better bois, it's just beta!!!1!!

I started watching it and thought I was just watching a shitty DH because they just aren't that easy to kill. Then poof goes from about 8% life to full and at the same time kills 1 guy and knocks the other 2 to about 10% life. Those are the DH moves I have seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    From the looks of it this is a rough tier for healers in pvp. Most of the healers I have run with are sitting this one out after what they have seen in the first 2 weeks. It is far too easy to kill a healer in a 1v1 situation, which means they stand no chance when a few people focus them.

You can freely heal instant casts, odd.....
    I won't give up, it's not what I'll do. I might not have a home in RBGs outside of yolo's this first season though.

And yeah, I hide in trees and shit, and have learned to avoid dropping an Eff or using CC, anything to not tip them off that I am there until I can determine that they are shit or not. Even with that, a full stack of hots can't keep someone up anymore. I can rip spam regrowth and go oom.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

With the addition of damage modifying PvE and PvP talents, removal of mobility from alot of casters while at the same time adding more mobility to melee or simply
    naturally having more of it as a consequence of pruning, the balance seems off, perhaps not just in numbers but in the mechanical implementation of PvP itself.
    PvP does seem more as an afterthought now than it has in awhile, it feels lackluster, many casters not having the means to escape melee whatsoever as they are simply
    mercilessly pummeled without stop, or quite a few melee classes sticking to a target until it flops over due to not being able to withstand the pressure.

Though numbers can be tuned there`s not alot of entertainment value to be had from seeing a warlock drain life because he can`t get away, or a rogue constantly
    teleporting to his target without much thought or penalty behind it.
    Sure it`s not all bad but i`m in the position where i either queue as tank or healer, as a healer it feels far less impactful than it did before, certain abilities that
    were previously used as means to achieve distance between the attacker and myself have been removed, i have far fewer tools while the melee generally have more.
    If i go as a tank i feel out of place as there`s no real distinction between me and a dps player beyond them generally faring better in alot of cases.
    I can`t hold down areas or help my teammates in any way unique to a tank spec, i could carry a flag but i take alot of damage as a result of simply queueing as a tank specialization.
    In general PvP now feels like it lacks direction and a sense of purpose for existing in what in Legion is a really good PvE game.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I won't give up, it's not what I'll do. I might not have a home in RBGs outside of yolo's this first season though.

And yeah, I hide in trees and shit, and have learned to avoid dropping an Eff or using CC, anything to not tip them off that I am there until I can determine that they are shit or not. Even with that, a full stack of hots can't keep someone up anymore. I can rip spam regrowth and go oom.
    Well I guess that might work. I am sure there are people out there that don't have name plates up and can't see incoming heals or hots on people.