Simcraft changes

Do we know what the latest changes in simcraft were? Looks like arms is top right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbo View Post
    Do we know what the latest changes in simcraft were? Looks like arms is top right now.
    Dont worry it will change tomorrow too
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

If by latest you mean a few months ago, no, I doubt anyone on the most frequented Warrior forum on the net has any idea what's going on with Warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If by latest you mean a few months ago, no, I doubt anyone on the most frequented Warrior forum on the net has any idea what's going on with Warriors...
    I'm just saying that the profiles on the main site were different yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbo View Post
    I'm just saying that the profiles on the main site were different yesterday.
    They change near daily.

Deleted
    People should focus on learning to play it, and stop reading about it. Try things out yourself , find out what you like, and how to optimize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    They change near daily.
    I guess it just changed more than normal. My fault for making a tread over it, I just didn't want to miss something.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    People should focus on learning to play it, and stop reading about it. Try things out yourself , find out what you like, and how to optimize it.
    The problem is that the difference in optimized damage right now is around 33% higher for arms, and that's a fucking HUGE difference between the two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    The latest official simcraft APL for arms have you wait for 3xFR most of the time before using MS. If i recall correctly, it was not the case in the previous APL.

Quote Originally Posted by ayxec View Post
    The latest official simcraft APL for arms have you wait for 3xFR most of the time before using MS. If i recall correctly, it was not the case in the previous APL.
    What version are you talking about/did you even look at it? Because the most recent version only waits for 3 stacks during execute

There have been several changed from older version but looking at it now I would assume these lines had the biggest effect:

It used to wait for a CS reset to use BC actions+=/battle_cry,sync=colossus_smash and now it just uses it as soon as it's up and the GCD has finished actions+=/battle_cry,if=(buff.bloodlust.up|time>=1)&!gcd.remains

Also in older versions the line to run out and charge back in was not commented out, in the current version it is by default. With this line not commented out the DPS goes up by another 30k

Also running the same exact same profile in an older version of simC gives me 9k less dps, so either old one was bugged or new one is
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2016-09-13 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    You are correct, I misread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzoh View Post
    Also running the same exact same profile in an older version of simC gives me 9k less dps, so either old one was bugged or new one is
    !gcd.remains forces it to be used when a gcd is available(before the gcd action list is walked). It's to avoid wasted uptime firing before the gcd is ready, to fit as many gcds in the window as possible.

Older version of simc had somewhat unreliable off-gcd action queuing, and a small bug with gcd.remains made it return negative numbers when the gcd had elapsed already, which makes !gcd.remains return false even when the gcd is available(but had become available prior to the exact current timestamp when you're evaluating the expression). You'll see BC used drastically less frequently with an old simc version with that profile as a result.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2016-09-13 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    !gcd.remains forces it to be used when a gcd is available(before the gcd action list is walked). It's to avoid wasted uptime firing before the gcd is ready, to fit as many gcds in the window as possible.

Older version of simc had somewhat unreliable off-gcd action queuing, and a small bug with gcd.remains made it return negative numbers when the gcd had elapsed already, which makes !gcd.remains return false even when the gcd is available(but had become available prior to the exact current timestamp when you're evaluating the expression). You'll see BC used drastically less frequently with an old simc version with that profile as a result.
    Yes I did notice BC was used every 32 sec in the new build and every 34 secs in the old one and was wondering why. Interesting.. bit I think "drastically" is a bit of an overstatement.