Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Is Queen Azshara a future patch or a future expansion?

After what we've seen while leveling it seems like the naga and queen azshara are being set up to play a role in the future. But will they be a future patch in legion or is this foreshadowing for the next expac?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    she will probably get her own patch ooooor get prosponded again
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

it all depends on how many raid tier's we'll have in this expansion. If we're going to have 3 raid tiers the chance of mid tier azshara raid is high.

It would be a huge waste to make Azshara and N'Zoth simple raid tiers in this expansion, instead of another entire expansion. How would she be different (aesthetically and mechanically) than Helya right now? How would N'Zoth be presented differently than the Nightmare right now? It would feel much like the same stuff being repeated in the same expansion, over and over. In another expansion, dedicated to them, it could be handled differently, with more devoted lore and art assets that could be worked on in a longer development cycle. The real current threat is the Legion - to me it feels like they're just building up the threat of the Naga and N'Zoth more in-game so they can be seen as more of a threat in the future.

Personally, I'd also like to simply see more lore presented forth earlier. WoD was mostly about the Iron Horde, then demons to link in for the future (with some ogres and arakkoa mixed in the leveling and first raid). As such, WoD felt bland very quickly, since there weren't many other stories to look forward to. If N'Zoth and Azshara are presented much more directly now, then featured fully in their own expansion, it sets up the story much better in my opinion. That way, the Legion can still be the main threat, with things like the Nightmare and Helya to break up the one-tone problem that existed in WoD.

Not to mention, this is kind of the "War of the Ancients" expansion - Azshara and N'Zoth certainly fit into that, since they were involved in the events of the war. However, their story goes 10,000 years past that, in areas of Azeroth we've never seen and involving civilizations we've barely interacted with (Makrura, most of all). There's a lot of mystery and lore in that story that wouldn't have justice in one or two patches of an expansion that deals with the Legion now.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2016-09-13 at 11:11 AM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say she gets her own Expansion, but I am not sure if she would be the endboss or if it would be a mix with Old Gods or something else. I don't think we will kill her off this expansion.

I don't think she will be used as a raid tier this expansion. Perhaps they were considering it, but Legion is doing pretty good without this kind of desperation.

She might still end up a raid tier instead of expansion though. Making a whole expansion water themed could be too risky. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    it all depends on how many raid tier's we'll have in this expansion. If we're going to have 3 raid tiers the chance of mid tier azshara raid is high.
    I have to agree with this. If they stick to their guns on more content per expansion, there will be plenty of room for her now. Question is whether we actually kill her this time or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't think she will be used as a raid tier this expansion. Perhaps they were considering it, but Legion is doing pretty good without this kind of desperation.

She might still end up a raid tier instead of expansion though. Making a whole expansion water themed could be too risky. Who knows.
    But i need to use my seahorse more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They could add several things together. Some Underwater Zones and Caves (without Water), Islands, Elemental Plane of Water because of the Neptulon thing. Even if it would be all Water themed, there are quite a few ways to add things on land without much water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it to be a future expansion, there's too much out there on the sea for just a little patch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Azshara and N'Zoth need their own expansion. It could be easily setup to be the next one after Legion.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She better be an expansion. It's nice seeing her teased in Aszuna and stuff, but you don't waste an encounter with present day Queen Azshara in a patch.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara as a patch would be an utter waste of potential.

My money is that after we seal the portal in the tomb, she does something that stops us proceeding to Argus to hook up with the army of light.

To take on the Legion, we have to finally remove the last major threat on Azeroth and deal with the last old god before we can move forward.

That's why I think that the next expansion will finally be Azshara and the south seas. Because if not then...when? We are going after the Legion soon and after that Azshara will be anti-climactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    She better have an expansion of her own, but I kinda doubt that will happen, do they even have enough content left on Azeroth for her to have her own expansion?

You have to remember that we're most likely going to face off N'zoth this expansion, and most likely in 7.2 I am almost sure that we'll see the troll tribes again in 7.2 with a raid on the size of Ulduar and N'zoth as the final boss. Seeing as nobody knows for sure if Vol'jin really died, apparently they couldn't comment on if that was the last we had seen of Vol'jin.

The doomsayers were also speaking of N'zoth quite a lot, and there's several dialogues currently in the game that really hints towards N'zoth, even Drak'thul hints towards it and he is directly faced towards the place where Thal'Dranath was supposed to be. Which I am sure is the place where we either get a troll raid with N'zoth as the end boss or the Azshara raid, I just can't see them having enough content for an Azshara expansion, especially if you think about how much hate Vashjir got.

Not to mention, would there even be enough bad guys for an Azshara expansion? We're dealing with Xavius, Kil'jaeden, Gul'dan, most likely N'zoth and potentially the Avatar of Sargeras (which I doubt).

Who is honestly left after Legion? It is simply only Azshara.
    Last edited by TriHard; 2016-09-13 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    the emerald dream could be an entire expansion aswell, yet its about to be half a tier

Gotta be patch. What else can 7.2 even be? I really have no idea how they are going to make 3 tiers here with the first one having TWENTY BOSSES.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Azshara as a patch would be an utter waste of potential.

My money is that after we seal the portal in the tomb, she does something that stops us proceeding to Argus to hook up with the army of light.

To take on the Legion, we have to finally remove the last major threat on Azeroth and deal with the last old god before we can move forward.

That's why I think that the next expansion will finally be Azshara and the south seas. Because if not then...when? We are going after the Legion soon and after that Azshara will be anti-climactic.
    Which is why it makes perfectly sense, and fits with the current theme, for N'Zoth and Azshara to be a part of a raid in this expansion, the same as the Emerald Nightmare.

Don't you think another expansion where we magically discover even more lands to the south would be a bit redundant? Don't you N'Zoth and Azshara would be smarter to, you know, NOT sabotage a portal to Argus, let us leave...then attack and we would come back to that? I doubt we really consider her or the old god a huge threat when we know so little about both, technically. Your logic doesn't make much sense when people consider Azshara to be quite smart.
    Last edited by Malygaa; 2016-09-13 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    7.1 Karazhan
    7.2 Troll Raid - N'zoth endgame
    7.3 Kul Tiras - 110 zone much like Suramar, progress against Azshara's forces.
    7.4 Azshara raid
    7.5 Get ready to deal with the The Tomb of Sargeras
    7.6 Tomb of Sargeras raid, Fel Varian + Naisha (The one who got trapped there in WC3), I personally think KJ is gonna be the last boss here but it can be the Avatar of Sargeras as well.

You might think it is too much content for one expansion, but they're now proving to us that they are far ahead with their content. So this is not so far fetched as you might think. It sucks but I just cannot see them doing one more expansion on Azeroth, and Argus has incredible amounts of potential for future expansions though I doubt I'll be playing the game that long!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she was there just as a "Hey guys we know you haven't forgotten about her, neither have we, just be patient a little longer". She has too much lore/buildup to be just a patch. I think the mid patch will be something glorious we all missed in WoD: Troll Raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion would be too redundant I guess