Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I know this is the wrong thread, and I am sorry to interrupt, but I didn't want to create a new thread just for this quick question: How do I reach the Eye of Azshara island? I have a World Quest there, but no waterstrider and I'm no engineer... any ideas? Thanks a lot!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    This... if the world quests were not gated then some edge-cases would feel compelled to grind them as much as possible to stay ahead of the curve.

That's not the kind of behaviour Blizzard wants to promote.
    Why? Why should Blizzard care how their fans play their game? As long as they aren't cheating, Blizzard shouldn't care or dictate how to play their games.

Yes, someone somewhere will refuse to eat, drink, or sleep, eventually dying from starvation, dehydration, and exhaustion, purely to be the very best. That isn't a fault with the game. It is a mental disorder, and could just as easily occur to someone collecting dried leafs.

My only problem with world quests is them being gated behind Friendly reputation.

Kind of makes rested XP feel bad. I've got an alt to 110 now, but he's still got to pound through two more zones for little to no reason (some small gear upgrades at best) because otherwise he can't do anything of value as a max level character. That part kind of sucks. I wish world quests were tied to an achievement and thus account bound once you unlocked them.

content > no content

blizzard cant produce 5 new dungeons every month im afraid unless you literally want copy pasted mechanics npcs instance zones etc and not tuned or tested in anyway.

problem is a lot of people feel forced to do them and thats not true, it's optional at worst you'll be behind 1 trait if you really slack, as long as you're sending artifact knowledge orders, being 100k AP behind isn't even 1 trait at the end game, and at AK level 25 thats just 1 daily heroic reward exactly 100k AP.

AK level 25 takes 125 days, so in just over 4 months you can make 100k AP a day by simply doing 1 daily heroic, plus the AP drops from bosses inside a heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Legion has refined a system that was present, the only difference is the amount of "required" things to do.
    Instead of the daily valor heroic run, you get the daily heroic AP run and a few WQ's. It is not too much, 4-5 per day?
    Also, if you miss one week of play, maybe you miss 1 trait right now. It will be even less the further we are in the expansion.
    You miss a few weeks? No problem, with your artifact knowledge jumping 2 levels up, you will catch up very quickly - maybe someone got 2 traits, and you get 1 with 2 days worth of dailies, and get the second a few days later, no problem.

It is a fine system which promotes regular daily play, but does not punish much if you take a few days off. Cool.

Sorry, maybe it is just me being bad at math, but you cant just catch up with knowledge

If the other persons are also doing knowledge, and are playing regularly, they will always be those exact hours ahead.

Doesnt your arguement only work concerning catch-up for totally new 110's or catching up vs afk players?

Sure there are small breakpoint walls, but the AP they earn is more than you earn, and you gotta earn the same, at the same pace as they do, because you have the same knowlegde level you cannot just catch up. In fact you will always get more behind.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread, and I am sorry to interrupt, but I didn't want to create a new thread just for this quick question: How do I reach the Eye of Azshara island? I have a World Quest there, but no waterstrider and I'm no engineer... any ideas? Thanks a lot!
    Get the Glider Kit toy from Highmountain. Mount up, leap off Dalaran to the Demon Hunter floating island, using the toy Glider. Wait for the cooldown to reset, then do the same towards Eye of Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the system, even if I think gear (not even upgrades, just gear) appears a bit too frequently. But yeah, I like them. If they follow up with this they can reuse older zone even if it would only be for max level world quests. Level 120 Desolace Quests? Level 120 Elwynn Quest? Sure, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    Why? Why should Blizzard care how their fans play their game? As long as they aren't cheating, Blizzard shouldn't care or dictate how to play their games.

Yes, someone somewhere will refuse to eat, drink, or sleep, eventually dying from starvation, dehydration, and exhaustion, purely to be the very best. That isn't a fault with the game. It is a mental disorder, and could just as easily occur to someone collecting dried leafs.
    Lol what?

Of course they are meant to care. It's called being a responsible developer.

Blizz has always "dictated" how people play the game through their design. Stop posting stupid. It's like you had a point to make and now that holes are being poked in it you're just stretching further and further to try to make it work.

15+ Year Old Account

Because in the modern claim culture world, Jimmy's mum will hold Blizzard responsible if little Jimmy has no self control and dies of exhaustion after farming boars for 90 hours without sleeping or eating.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

they restrict the player from playing the game at their own pace
    That to me is a totally backwards statement.

If anything, they allow me to play the game at my own pace. And this will sound harsh, but wanna know why that is?

Because I'm within the reasonable spectrum of "pace", while you clearly are not. You're under a irrational, self-imposed pressure and blame the system for it. There's just no solution to that problem - at least not through game design.

This... if the world quests were not gated then some edge-cases would feel compelled to grind them as much as possible to stay ahead of the curve.

That's not the kind of behaviour Blizzard wants to promote.
    So, you mean like the OP?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    BIG NEWS: If you miss a few days/weeks in a game youre going to be behind and you should be, now get off the soap box
    It isn't about missing a few days or weeks in the game. It's about how your hours in the game are distributed. As long as you play for the same length of time, your rewards, at least from repeatable quests, should be the same, regardless of playing 20 hours straight for 1 day, or 5 hours each day for 4 days.

Get the Glider Kit toy from Highmountain. Mount up, leap off Dalaran to the Demon Hunter floating island, using the toy Glider. Wait for the cooldown to reset, then do the same towards Eye of Azshara.
    Thanks a lot! To be honest, I don't know where the floating island is, but if it is also off the southern edge of Dalaran, the game won't allow to use the glider (it says something like "you are in the wrong zone"). Will try this out though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    If the OP insists that the available content is not being presented as fast as he is consuming it, I would assume so.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post
    Thanks a lot! To be honest, I don't know where the floating island is, but if it is also off the southern edge of Dalaran, the game won't allow to use the glider (it says something like "you are in the wrong zone"). Will try this out though!
    Glider toy will not work, the goblin glider will. Get a few off the AH.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred a mix of this and the old daily system.

I like getting a random levelling quest instead of the same few quests as it adds variety, however I would have preferred to collect points/apexis/rep/etc in order to purchase something I want instead of being handed junk.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    That to me is a totally backwards statement.

If anything, they allow me to play the game at my own pace. And this will sound harsh, but wanna know why that is?

Because I'm within the reasonable spectrum of "pace", while you clearly are not. You're under a irrational, self-imposed pressure and blame the system for it. There's just no solution to that problem - at least not through game design.
    There is no pressure. I have achieved what I wanted during the launch of Legion. I hardly do the World Quests anymore, since I don't think that I can get much of a reward in my artifact anymore, and the only reputation that I actually need to get to exalted is Nightfallen. The others will slowly get to revered through Emissary Quests.

The pacing issue is on how time spent playing is distributed. I play 3 - 4 hours a day. A friend of mine plays only on the weekends, but for way longer than I do those days. We are about equal in time spent playing over the entire week. No matter what he does, he keeps getting further and further behind in reputation, artifact power, and chance for legendaries, since he isn't able to complete as many Emissary Quests, despite him playing as much as I do. How is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Some of us like to get a good start to the game. Time was spent, time was enjoyed. Playing less now, but still each day just to do the Emissary quests and Daily HC, so 2 hours tops, then some other game. Someone might be playing more than me, but less frequently. Why should that person not receive the same reward that I do? Seems unfair towards that person, hmm?

Deleted
    It isn't about missing a few days or weeks in the game. It's about how your hours in the game are distributed. As long as you play for the same length of time, your rewards, at least from repeatable quests, should be the same, regardless of playing 20 hours straight for 1 day, or 5 hours each day for 4 days.

Nah you cant just clump it all up in one statement. Some things should not be the same. You should not be able to grind any resource/reward.

Some rewards have to be gated, some does not.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the OP insists that the available content is not being presented as fast as he is consuming it, I would assume so.
    I think the content pacing is good. Right now, me and several in the guild I am in, are just waiting for raids to be released so we can experience that content. In the meantime we'll just relax, either by playing other games, or idling in heroics from time to time. A big rush at the start means less pressure closer to raids being released to get properly geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    TLDR.

Was it really not possible to express yourself in fewer words?

Anyway yes worldquests are a massive improvement over anything related to endgame questing we have ever had

- - - Updated - - -

Your post is self contradicting
    You're right. I should remove the "fully agree".