Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ericcrazy View Post
    the simulation are for the most part complete garbage and not helpful at showing you the actual balance between specs. arms is fairly balanced, it has many weaknesses and is very challenging to play.
    I guess that is meant as a reply to my post, so I will answer to it.
    Yes, the simulations are mostly garbage, mostly due to the fact that not all class APLs are equally optimized.
    However, at least from my observations and from checking logs it's obvious that they are pointing in the right direction for Single Target and Cleave encounters, warriors are way above most dps classes.

@ ericcrazy, challenging to play is rather subjective. I for one am used to playing with off the GCD attacks like FR, since I played MoP Fury extensively. I don't find the mechanical part of the FR/Hamstring spam very challengig when you put it on the mouse. In terms of timing abilities, the warrior class is not harder to play than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pycies View Post
    In addition to this, is there a haste % that we are looking for min? Currently sitting at 63% mastery, 7% Haste, 6% Versatility and it feels slow. Dmg output is good however. I still have a lot of +crit pieces and that could be what my problem is.
    I'm at 12.x% Versatility and just over 80% Mastery (11,5k rating). I have no haste what so ever (not intentional) and only have around 1.6k crit from wep, chest and a stubborn pair of gloves...

DPS is good, very good. You depend on having relics with the passive that increases the rage calculation to reset MS. Other than that the spec itself has some issues with 3 target cleave and sustained AoE. ST, 2 target cleave, burst AoE and so on is magic though. Only been beaten by DH and Enh Shaman with that broken trinket from VoW.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    The required nerfs wouldnt be really stealthy tbh. Arms is currently +40% dps on ST and about +80% dps on cleave compared to the median of dps classes.

I expect major nerfs to FR, MS and Sweeping Strikes.
    However, the real problem is the CS uptime. Mastery scaling is nuts currently. Exploit the Weakness is way too strong atm.
    Would be incredibly naive and foolish to nerf MS and SS. "Standard" arms doesn't deserve a nerf of any sort, and reducing MS or SS would put it right in the trash heap.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'm at 12.x% Versatility and just over 80% Mastery (11,5k rating). I have no haste what so ever (not intentional) and only have around 1.6k crit from wep, chest and a stubborn pair of gloves...

DPS is good, very good. You depend on having relics with the passive that increases the rage calculation to reset MS. Other than that the spec itself has some issues with 3 target cleave and sustained AoE. ST, 2 target cleave, burst AoE and so on is magic though. Only been beaten by DH and Enh Shaman with that broken trinket from VoW.
    When people say "80% mastery" do they mean overall or just from mastery? It's very confusing.

Deleted
    It is what ur character sheet shows.

Deleted
    If they nerf something I hope it's focused rage, nerfing something else will make no sense. And nerfing colossus smash damage and lowering the cd should make the spec smoother, now it feels so clunky and unreliable without specific relics (and still rng is rng).

FR has been nerfed to 40% instead of 50%

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Confirmation on that?

Log in and check your tooltips? Both on FR itself and then MS after pressing FR

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Kinda new to warrior, but i rerolled to one and gonna go arms in mythic+ due to outlaw rogue just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Anyways. I use the rotation on icy-veins/wowhead.
    priority list:
    1 Charge
    2 Colossus Smash
    3 Warbreaker if Colossus Smash is not up
    4 Overpower if talented
    5 Execute with Shattered Defenses or Ayala's Stone Heart proc
    6 Mortal Strike
    7 Slam or Whirlwind if Fervor of Battle talented

But the problem is. I feel so insanely rage starved. I stand there auto attacking a lot and the spec feels really boring and passive.
    I guess there is nothing wrong with the class or spec so the question is, What am i doing wrong ?
    I am not using WW if i have less than 40 rage.
    I leap out and charge back in to generate rage almost on cooldown.
    Still. I stand there like a autoattack moron waiting for a button to press.
    Do i need more haste for more rage ?
    haste doesnt change anything with rage income, as it increases income, but reduces cd of ragespending stuff, so the outcome of it is neutral at best. The only stat that increases your rage gain compared to your rage spendings is crit.

You feel rage starved because you are used to a rogue , where energy is not really a resource and has an free 1 sec global cd, so of course a warrior seems slow to you.
    Warrior has a 3.5 sec swingtimer. so its income is throttled (like rogue used to be until wotlk). It seems like warrior just isnt the class for you, its meant to autoattack only for a couple of seconds once or twice on a longer fight.

Well, that sucks. Even when they stated they wouldn't do balancing this early.

It was expected and it was less than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlegolas View Post
    Well, that sucks. Even when they stated they wouldn't do balancing this early.
    Where'd they say that? Yesterday I was wondering when they were going to do a balance pass (before raids or after).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    It was expected and it was less than I thought.
    Did they changed spamstring too? Because those to fixes in combination could be enough for now.
    Even though the real problem is obviously the OP mastery scaling.

I think I've managed to gear up in a weird way, getting some odd results from simcraft that indicate that haste is in a very good spot right now, but I'm sitting far away from the breakpoint. Reforge plots for haste/mastery is also very erratic, giving good benefits for either trading off haste or adding haste massively against mastery.

It's difficult to be confident in going HAM with mastery and forcing versatility/haste to the same stat weight. In this case, the normalized weights are 1.14 haste, 1.10 mastery, 0.83 versatility and crit at 0.55.

Am I seeing a lot of variation due to relatively high item level or is it simply a case of having "too little" mastery relative to the other secondary stats?

Specs:
    Str: 25.5k
    Crit: 9.3%
    Haste: 10.5%
    Vers: 7.5%
    Mastery: 75.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    haste doesnt change anything with rage income, as it increases income, but reduces cd of ragespending stuff, so the outcome of it is neutral at best. The only stat that increases your rage gain compared to your rage spendings is crit.

You feel rage starved because you are used to a rogue , where energy is not really a resource and has an free 1 sec global cd, so of course a warrior seems slow to you.
    Warrior has a 3.5 sec swingtimer. so its income is throttled (like rogue used to be until wotlk). It seems like warrior just isnt the class for you, its meant to autoattack only for a couple of seconds once or twice on a longer fight.
    Thanks. Seems like nothing is the class for me anymore. 7 days til raid and i have litteraly no clue what to play.

Yeah, so far FR nerfed by 10% per stack.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahnarble View Post
    Where'd they say that? Yesterday I was wondering when they were going to do a balance pass (before raids or after).
    See link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas under "class balance"

Of course, it can be interpreted in a lot of ways, but I read it as they would leave things be for the moment and analyze. I do understand why Arms got a nerf since it seems to be performing very well compared to all other specs. It says they would rather buff underperforming specs without interfering with the spec "hierarchy."

I thought CS was 45 sec cd, now its 30

Not that it matters though because going 30 secs w/o tactician reset is plz kill me now rng

I wonder if the other strong specs got changed as well and where we stand now
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2016-09-13 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    I'm assuming everyone who is seeing FR at 40% is on the US realms and its appeared after maintenance? It's still 50% on the EU realms.