Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think Blizzard reads the mmo-champion forum?

We know that Blizzards official forum is the battle.net and mmo-champion is owed by curse.

Given the fact that the mmo-champion community is quiet numerous and active.
    Do you think they send any representative to this forum in order to get info from this community?

10+ Year Old Account
    They do, of course. They even have some Blues with accounts here, like @Araxom .

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably check these forums faster then their own.
    Just a guess though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

7+ Year Old Account
    they do check them, but rarely.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    funny how they read MMO-C forums but the OFFICIAL EU forums are never looked at, american company that doesnt care about EU customers doesnt suprise me tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    funny how they read MMO-C forums but the OFFICIAL EU forums are never looked at, american company that doesnt care about EU customers doesnt suprise me tbh
    They have an entire EU team dedicated to those servers and forums. You're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do, but feedback here can't be directly addressed or quoted in the way that they do on their official forums.

It's always better to give feedback on the WoW forums.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Just saying... all this constructive criticism here wouldn't even get to Blizzard.
    I dont really visit the battle.net forums. The community here is a lot more... ehmm...vivid

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    They are reading them, they just don't care ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Just saying... all this constructive criticism here wouldn't even get to Blizzard.
    I dont really visit the battle.net forums. The community here is a lot more... ehmm...vivid
    Well Blizzard is quick to whip out the ban hammer for anyone painting them in a negative light.

I would say in general the official forums are a lot fluffier than they should be.

MMO-C should include a new field for user information. Right below "join date" add one for "official forum ban date". Though I am sure more often than not, those are the same date(s).

some representative of the pr depo do i don't think watcher or any other dev do
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They have an entire EU team dedicated to those servers and forums. You're wrong.
    The EU servers are running by a pair of guinea pigs in a wheel and you know it.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have worked for several organizations, and every single one of them had some form or another of news gathering, from newspaper, online news and forum discussions. These employees had to prepare a summary of the daily trends, as well as what worked and what looked bad. Its often interns or summer jobs, but larger companies have dedicated employees doing that. At CP Rail, it was a department, with the supervisor reporting to the CEO every morning.

I would be shocked if a company the size of Blizzard whose business is so much oriented towards individual customer satisfaction does not have a bunch of people looking at different forums and preparing summaries of opinions. MMo-C being one of the biggest, uncensored source of discussions regarding WoW, you can bet there will be people reading through the forums and reporting what they find.

That being said, these people have experience looking through those things and they are good at identifying real issues in the sea of noise.

Deleted
    If Blizzard dont apply our feedback on its design it means they dont care about feedback.

Thats a common falacy here. Its not true....they hear us but our voice is not coherent.In fact theres thousand of voices asking for different things.

Now the funny thing is I work on market surveys and the corp I work for spend an obscene ammount of money on trying (remark trying) to get feedback from the customers because most of the time you cant get it.... they dont have time to such things.

Blizzard gets all that information for free (some valuable some not,you need to filter).....FOR FREE....and do you think they are just gonna ignore it? WoW..just WoW.

I would pay money (big money indeed) for having a forum where thousands and thousands of customers share their opinions.I dont care even if it is "This is shit" with no more input....

I don't think they're gonna read every single stupid whine or troll post though, which is arguably the bulk of what is being posted here. It's not like they'd have the time anyway. In fact, I'm 1000% sure that anything that reads stupid, aggro or overtly dramatic most certainly doesn't make it through the selection process, as it's normal in professional circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    The EU servers are running by a pair of guinea pigs in a wheel and you know it.
    Well I was just going to ask Darsithis what the definition of "team" is now at Blizz. Has to be more than one, right? So that equals two which in Blizzspeak™ means "many", "team", "group"? Sounds more like kek to me.

Creative marketing to say the least eh boys?

They do. They'd be silly not to, frankly.

Deleted
    Reading and caring are two different things though.

Much like Blizzard employees read EU forums but don't care about what people there think.

My guess people who stop playing WoW won't go on Blizzard forum but there's more chance for them to come on MMO to see ¨anything else¨ or have a second opinion on how the game is right now.

If you have a different opinion on Blizzard forum you get vote down,end of the story.

So it depend if Blizzard want to bring back player, Blizzard forum is not a good option for them, but if they need a more global opinion on their game they should check on mmo-champ.

And I don't think they are goin to read a post on ¨My opionion on LEGION why it sucks¨ or ¨Goodbye, I'm leaving WoW¨ unless they are on their lunch break and they want to have a good laugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    the only forums they post on is customer service and tech support forum and even that is rare,