Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a two week break started when legion came out, and I leveled as casually as I liked, reading the quest text, admiring the setting, finding all the hidden gems and appreciating it. It took me over a week to get my main to max level, and slightly quicker on my alt main because I knew the quest text by then and could skim through.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I'm having a blast tbh, Legion seems to fit perfectly in my playstyle.. Only dinged 110 last night, have done a grand total of 1 dungeon (normal) my quest log is overflowing, world quests are a great distraction.

That said, I'm a non-raider in a non-raiding guild, the only thing my guild expects of me i talk bullshit in /g.
    If you are in a competitive raiding guild I understand they expect you to be ready (define ready?) when the raids open, but if you are in such a guild you should have no problem with that I imagine. Otherwise, wth are you doing there?

Deleted
    In the past, I have started expansions late, which meant I had a lot of catching up to do, but while I could get gear-ready, I was blocked by the lack of achievement and similar, so for this one I want to make sure I'm ready and I'm on the wave, so later I don't have to deal with the frustration of wanting to catch up, but being unable.

So that means, rushing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post

What's the big hurry for?

The game is not a race.
    And this is where I tend to disagree with you as this is different from player to player. If you're in a mythic raiding guild you want to get your character geared and sorted as soon as possible. If you don't you'll be benched for someone who did manage to sort his char out. It's simple as that.

I agree with you a game should be enjoyed but some people get their enjoyment from killing bosses world/realm first while others might get this from levelling or pet battles. It differs with what kind of player you are.

For me, I go through periods of having a crap ton of free time followed by none at all. I just happened to be in the former, so I'm cramming as much neckbearding in as possible to try and get my character maxed out for raiding as well as a few achievements done ahead of time (Diplomat) so that when I can't log in to do the WQs later down the line, I'll have the reps for Pathfinder ready to go for the locked Suramar content.

What's frustrating is that there's so much RNG in this expansion at times, especially with the legendaries literally being a dice roll as to who is going to perform best in raids.

Deleted
    do the most important WQ, do 1 daily random and do all mythics once a week and thanks to clever systems you will be close to the most hardcore players.

This expansion has systems in place that speed your progress up if behind the curve and slow it down if ahead too much. While still felling like progressing.

so ilvl840 and decent amount of artifact level is pretty normal, not too much effort required if you get to play like 2-3 hours daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read all over these boards and the WOW Forums how "fast" such and such player has Ilvl 840 gear, or how many artifact traits they have, or what their reputation is, or how they are tired of questing.

My question is this:

The game is not a race.
    In a MMO, the first person to finish a raid is the winner. That's how MMO's have always worked. I know that Blizzard and the community wants the content to last, but they're going about it wrong. Either make the game challenging as a speed limit, or make more content faster. As opposed to timed releases, and timed quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    most multiplayer games are easy because most of the worlds population needs to be able to play it.
    And then Dark Souls came along and completely took a dump on that ideology. Time for Blizzard to git gud.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    People like to do things differently than you. I get enjoyment out of doing things as fast as I can, you don't, and that's okay.
    Also, Stars got the world first Deathwing kill. People who care do know.
    Its funny cause youre wrong. It was kin raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Because the games basically a race.

Let me introduce you to wowprogress: http://www.wowprogress.com/
    That's something people have made up and isn't "the game".

"Competitive" guilds lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    That's something people have made up and isn't "the game".

"Competitive" guilds lololol
    Metagames that arise are just as valid a reason for anything as what is in the actual game itself. To think otherwise is ignorant.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

I'm 846. I'm not exactly rushing. I do my weekly mythic runs, then run heroics with friends, family and guildies. Everything comes with time.

I like pushing whatever I'm doing to the limits. I've been in quite a few competitions for various games over the years. I work hard when I work and I work hard when I play. I enjoy being top. I like being the DPS tank or heals people call when they're struggling. I'm currently running as tank spec and running my 805-820 friends through Mythics. I can do this because I worked so hard on week one. When one of them want to tank - boom, I'm a DPS ready to pick up the slack for the rest of my group so we can keep chugging through and get everyone geared.

Why is that a problem to you? Why do I need to soul search because I hold different values than you? People vary. This is me. Getting upset because someone works hard at something has never made sense to me. When I played tennis, I practiced for 4-5 hours a day. When I played Tuba back in high school - I was regularly top in state-wide competitions - I also spent a minimum of 3 hours a day on my instrument. I used to race on a dirt track, anything but first was a slight disappointment to me - I'd look into what I could do better. When I go into something - I go hard. If you're not that kind of person, that's perfectly fine. Enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it.

Cheers~
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-09-13 at 03:48 PM.

Even if you rush you can't outpace your artifact weapon and orderhall, so you should use your time wisely. The idea is that you level some alts or manage them with the APP in your downtime.

The harder you grind to get to 840/850 the more time you will have ended up wasting when the next patch hits and the welfare gear starts trickling in.

Don't misunderstand me, I think the expac rocks so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read all over these boards and the WOW Forums how "fast" such and such player has Ilvl 840 gear, or how many artifact traits they have, or what their reputation is, or how they are tired of questing.

My question is this:

The game is not a race.
    Being first to kill a boss doesn't matter to anyone except the person who does it. Quick question: which character killed Deathwing first? ERm. don't know and don't care. Doesn't matter.
    Getting geared super fast doesn't make the game different. You still fight the same bosses everyone else does. Yes, maybe you do a little better DPS. If your rank on the DPS meters matter that much to you, maybe you need to do some soul searching about your life.

WOW is a fantastic game. Legion is awesome and different. Slow down and smell the roses.
    Some people only care about the end game stuff and use the leveling process as solely a means to get there. Some people DO want to be the first to clear content. Some people have YouTube channels where they create video guides. Some people simply like to get the most that they can out of their character and don't care to slow down because you don't play the same way they do.

I am not one of those people, but I don't judge those who are. If you are so busy judging other people for the way they play a video game, then maybe you're the one that needs to do the soul searching

Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    ive noticed the same thing on these forums
    people bitching that theyre already burnt out because they have done 300 world quests
    or have nothing left to do because things are gated behind rep.
    this xpac will be out for at least 2 - 3 years
    i dont get the point of rushing through content at all, legion has been out for 14 days and we already have the QQ threads
    300 WQ's damn lol...i've done about 150 on 2 characters combined lol

I've been level 110 for about a week, and my ilevel is only 809, I'm not fussed about gearing up, i'll just chug along at my own speed, if i don't get worlds first kill in raids, i'm not going to cry, i'll visit the content eventually.. maybe even next x-pac!

Getting 840 ilvl is super easy got 5 items my first week from mythics. I went in with 803 ilvl not hard at all i dont play much i just dont spend my time doing useless shit

10+ Year Old Account

My question is this:

The game is not a race.
    Being first to kill a boss doesn't matter to anyone except the person who does it. Quick question: which character killed Deathwing first? ERm. don't know and don't care. Doesn't matter.
    Getting geared super fast doesn't make the game different. You still fight the same bosses everyone else does. Yes, maybe you do a little better DPS. If your rank on the DPS meters matter that much to you, maybe you need to do some soul searching about your life.

WOW is a fantastic game. Legion is awesome and different. Slow down and smell the roses.
    Guild world firsts matter (and respective character FoS'), otherwise I agree with you.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.