Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blinzi View Post
    are you kidding me? i pull 300k DPS on 3+ Mobs with buffed brutal slashes - feral got one of the best AoE Bursts.

just talent blood scent and jagged wounds -> TF -> Thrash -> 3x Brutal Slashes and watch your DPS go through the roof. also be sure to have that artefact trait right for 21% DMG boost on brutal slashes.
    Do not waste 3 points on the Swipe/BrS trait. Getting the first golden(Ashamane's Bite, bottom path) already takes extremely long for Feral, making it take 3 points longer is going to be a huge loss in power. Take relics with it if you feel like it, although it's nowhere near as strong as Rip relics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boolawa View Post
    definietly going to take all your suggestions and give it a try.. but you all talk like spamming RAKE/THRASH and RIP@5 is doable.. even on 3 targets, having enough energy i thought to keep rake on all 3, + rips @5 was hard.. let alone moonfiring and thrashing.. i dont know where all this energy is coming from without popping TF (30s) / berserk.
    For dungeons I run SotF, which helps tremendously with getting a lot of Rips up.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-09-02 at 10:11 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Do not waste 3 points on the Swipe/BrS trait. Getting the first golden(Ashamane's Bite, bottom path) already takes extremely long for Feral, making it take 3 points longer is going to be a huge loss in power. Take relics with it if you feel like it, although it's nowhere near as strong as Rip relics.
    if you want ridicoulus burst its the way to go - trust me i did the math - on lvl 6 you have a 42% DMG Buff on Brutal Slash.

with all your DMG CDs you will do an INSANE amount of burst dmg, more than any other class can even imagine. you'll destroy anyone in pvp.

im sure for raids its not what ppl would suggest...

if you want ridicoulus burst its the way to go - trust me i did the math - on lvl 6 you have a 42% DMG Buff on Brutal Slash.

with all your DMG CDs you will do an INSANE amount of burst dmg, more than any other class can even imagine. you'll destroy anyone in pvp.

im sure for raids its not what ppl would suggest...
    For 5mans the recharge time on BrS is quite limiting, not convinced BrS is the best choice in PvP(I don't PvP, though, so don't really care much). For raids you're putting off by far the strongest trait in the artifact by a whole 3 points, which is... a lot. It's the difference between for sure having it when raids open and not having it until like 2nd or 3rd mythic week. Pretty sure even in PvP you want Ashamane's Bite ASAP because it's just so much damage.

Also I(and others) would be interested in your math, mind posting it?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    well at least i have it for BrS when talanted with lvl 6 of the relic and having SR and TF active, as well as blood scent talanted.

looks something like [(AWpnDmg*20,25)*1,42]*(1,15*1,25) - thats without the 15% ignoring Armor from Open Wounds trait and for crits i dont know where to add the additional 100% DMG tbh.

i have no comparison to ashamanes bite tbh but i cant imagine it will do more DPS since BrS happens in 3GCDs and Rip takes at least 16 seconds (?) to do its full dmg?

keep in mind im only talking about BURST dmg - in a timespan of 1min it will no longer have its benefits.
    Last edited by mmoc7f469b031e; 2016-09-02 at 01:11 PM.

are you kidding me? i pull 300k DPS on 3+ Mobs with buffed brutal slashes - feral got one of the best AoE Bursts.

just talent blood scent and jagged wounds -> TF -> Thrash -> 3x Brutal Slashes and watch your DPS go through the roof. also be sure to have that artefact trait right for 21% DMG boost on brutal slashes.
    Hope you have the gold rip talent in time for raids, cause brutal slash is incredibly niche. Honestly with the number of good aoe classes it's not worth giving up BT

Deleted
    skada dmg statistics in a 10 sec. fight against trainings dummy.

http//imgur(dot)com/a/9CovV"

its german, but you will get it from the icon descriptiopn ;-)

im lvl 102 and my ilvl is 712 - i got 3 points in BrS trait so its a 21% dmg boost.

this was without SR - i went like: TF->rake->3xBrS->RiP->AF->Shred ? or something like this ;-)

i just wanted to show you how much dmg BrS can do in 3 GCDs :-)
    Last edited by mmoc7f469b031e; 2016-09-02 at 05:16 PM.

Not disputing that BrS can do a lot of burst (AoE) damage, but the thing is that it's not worth giving up that much other stuff to maximize a situation(burst AoE every ~45 seconds) that's not a part of every encounter or even on the ones where it is relevant, chances are other classes can deal with it more efficiently with less loss in other areas.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    yeah when it comes to PvE Endgame Content, then its more or less usless compared to Ashamanes bite. for PvP though, burst matters alot!

Is SotF + EG + MoC + Swipe worthwhile in dungeons?

Get the new addon, DotFocus I think, it's in the icy veins guide. It does wonders. I love it, easy tracking of all your buffs and dots and let's you know when it is better to refresh a dot then let it near end. I have been top dps on every fight in normals I've run, albeit normals. Second to third on trash with keeping rake and rip up on most targets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boolawa View Post
    i dont understand, running 110 heroics, trash pulls everyone is pulling between 180-300k dps constantly on every pack. boss figghts with cleave they are pulling 150-250k depending.

i am barely pulling 100k on trash packs, and 100k+ on single target.

waht the FUCK am i doing wrong with 809 gear. PLEASE tell me what rotation i need to be doing in these situations..
    Spam Rake on every target, keep your 25% damage up, Rip when 5 combo points, keep Thrash rolling, use your Artifact Power if you think it will be up for the next boss as well, also open your first rip from stealth for the 100% damage. You can easily sit around 300k+ dps on cleave packs if you keep those dots rolling correctly.

Is that even with soul of the forest? I'm 650 and I can barely get like 250k going at times on 3 targets. Obviously I'm not gonna pop anything other than like Tiger fury, but I would assume that's with the talent correct?

Ive found that other than tanks on AoE pull i can be on top or bottom of my charts. Its random the mobs though the lower i get. 3 mobs or less and i can be the only DPS in the group that passes the tank. Single target im untouchable though, only get competition when i find someone with 10 or so ilvls higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    this. Also it's good to keep in mind that DH aoe at the moment is ridiculously high.
    Yup. DH's are the only class that really keeps up with my Outlaw Rogue. Tbh they're more consistent on trash packs as they aren't relying on good Roll the Bones procs and CDs rolling in. Lucky I destroy them on bosses

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Yup. DH's are the only class that really keeps up with my Outlaw Rogue. Tbh they're more consistent on trash packs as they aren't relying on good Roll the Bones procs and CDs rolling in. Lucky I destroy them on bosses
    Unholy DK easily trumps both outlaw and DH on trash packs. Don't forget them. Epidemic with scourge strike on D&D is absurd damage.

Problem is outlaw is not only strong on aoe but also absurdly strong on single target, they need to be nerfed to either be good at aoe or single target, not king at both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Unholy DK easily trumps both outlaw and DH on trash packs. Don't forget them. Epidemic with scourge strike on D&D is absurd damage.

Problem is outlaw is not only strong on aoe but also absurdly strong on single target, they need to be nerfed to either be good at aoe or single target, not king at both.
    Well, keep in mind we're at such a low ilvl things will change dramatically towards HC gear. Once people get set bonuses, trinkets and higher stats in general the meters will change a lot. There's always 3-4 classes who dominate through the first 2-3 weeks, it normally settles down and a few other classes take over.

With raid mechanics and longer fights it might just be hunters and mages on top again, but I seriously doubt rogues will fall off. They've always been the supreme melee, rogues and mages have always been Blizzard's favorite children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Spam Rake on every target, keep your 25% damage up, Rip when 5 combo points, keep Thrash rolling, use your Artifact Power if you think it will be up for the next boss as well, also open your first rip from stealth for the 100% damage. You can easily sit around 300k+ dps on cleave packs if you keep those dots rolling correctly.
    I'm sorry, but with Feral's Energy regeneration there's absolutely no possible way of keeping Savage Roar up, plus Rake and Rip on every target. Not to mention adding in Thrash. It's just not possible.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I'm sorry, but with Feral's Energy regeneration there's absolutely no possible way of keeping Savage Roar up, plus Rake and Rip on every target. Not to mention adding in Thrash. It's just not possible.
    Nobody said keep up Rip on every target lol. You just rake when you can, Thrash when Rake is on maximum targets and Rip when you can, don't forget to use your Artifact when possible as long as it's up for the boss and to get the reset on TF talent for 5 mans.

Edit: Also obviously stuff is going to fall off of targets, it's the nature of a Druid AOE'ing with the 33% reduction on dot time. It's fine, just keep them up as much as possible.
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-09-13 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Hello there!

Ok, to start, I have been reading here for over the years never making an account. The topic of feral druid for me made me do one now.

I have played feral since early WoTLK ... Always loved it, learned it over the years, always understood the priorities.#

To play the spec you need to spend some time understanding how it works... I understand the frustration about low dps but that is not the class... That unfortunately is your gameplay.

I have a feral which I am most likely going to make my main in Legion. At the moment, few hours away from finishing campaign. I have rolled DH tank first but after doing two weeks of mythics and gearing it to 848 ilvl i decided it is not my cup of tea at the moment. The nostalgia for feral drew me back to level and gear my kitty.

With ilvl 839 , stacking as much crit as I can I pull seriously competitive numbers on AoE. We are talking I am not too far behind a DH or Fire Mage. Yes, they are a burst class with amazing AoE but I love the challenge

With lvl 15 talent, Predator and 40% crit I literally sometimes spam Swipe ONLY! Obviously starting with Thrash, rake few things, get SR up and Swipe away. Of course, sometimes I get more lucky with free swipe procs but even if I do not, it does not bother me, the damage is there

I have , however been thrown out/declined many times from mythic grp before even starting just because I am a feral. People really think it is a horrid spec and can not perform well. It is a complex spec but I absolutely love it.

Sorry for long post, hope it helped in some way. Please reply/add info and I will try to help out as much as I can.

Peace.