Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure it doesn't trigger as I previously killed it on live without any possible triggers for the quest.

Currently camping on both live and beta - Leefa is alliance and I'm horde on beta, so we'll see if the mob is faction taggable or shared-tag like a genuine questmob.

Deleted
    good luck and take my energy!!

I killed the slime yesterday on my lv. 100 Paladin before even having the Ashbringer, so it's definately just a spawning mob.

Edit: Oh, and it dropped nothing for me, so it probably only drops stuff after you've done certain stuff first.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    I killed the slime yesterday on my lv. 100 Paladin before even having the Ashbringer, so it's definately just a spawning mob.

Edit: Oh, and it dropped nothing for me, so it probably only drops stuff after you've done certain stuff first.
    Probably, you know, all the stuff we've discussed up to this point... Such as the fact that you have to do everything up through Isillien's journal for the mob to be relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    It would be a kick in the teeth to make an optional profession mandatory to get a skin, so i wouldnt think about this.
    How would it be a kick in the teeth to have an optional profession be a requirement for an optional skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

so has there been a person with both books/head and no active AK orders being done that talked to the researcher girl in the order hall ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    so has there been a person with both books/head and no active AK orders being done that talked to the researcher girl in the order hall ?
    I've asked this a few times now myself I guess no one has since no one has given a solid answer.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I've asked this a few times now myself I guess no one has since no one has given a solid answer.
    Sadly got 5 more days for my work orders to be finished. And I reach part 2 in the Libram tomorrow so this should be a fun........ no this isn't fun at all. This is the most boring shit ever Blizzard!

15+ Year Old Account
    as in "has the assumed AK level for the trigger, but no AK is currently being researched"?

yes i have, yes it started the trigger-convo (beta info though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    as in "has the assumed AK level for the trigger, but no AK is currently being researched"?

yes i have, yes it started the trigger-convo (beta info though)
    i meant on live of course

to check if AK knowledge is needed on live or not

I'm a little shocked there isn't more complaining about gating the appearance behind a 50 day time gate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I'm a little shocked there isn't more complaining about gating the appearance behind a 50 day time gate.
    Well they said it'd be fun, isn't this super great?

i meant on live of course

to check if AK knowledge is needed on live or not
    If you dont meet the requirements you will always be presented with the research menu regardless of active work orders or not. We dont know the exact AK requirement but its somewhere between 11 and 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    If you dont meet the requirements you will always be presented with the research menu regardless of active work orders or not. We dont know the exact AK requirement but its somewhere between 11 and 16.
    confirmed it wasn't 10 or 11 on beta?

15+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE FROM BETA

After approx. 16h, the Slime respawned and Leefa and I killed it. She hit first, and tadaa: IT'S FREAKIN FACTION-TAGGED. i guess gg blizz on lowpop servers with high faction imbalance.

but back to topic: you loot the phylactery, summon timolaine, have a brief discussion with him and he says that when he was consumed by the slime, he threw it into the river, hoping someone would find and use it. Told her "it would be there if you want it". location currently unknown, potentially recovered via fishing.

yup, you read that right.
    we gotta fish for the (corrupted) ashbringer

I LOVE it.

Striking all the points of the old speculation.

So roughly 16hr respawn on the slime.
    Theres going to be a lot of people waiting out there once we all get enough AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    UPDATE FROM BETA

After approx. 16h, the Slime respawned and Leefa and I killed it. She hit first, and tadaa: IT'S FREAKIN FACTION-TAGGED. i guess gg blizz on lowpop servers with high faction imbalance.

but back to topic: you loot the phylactery, summon timolaine, have a quarrel with him, and he hurls the shard into the river. location currently unknown, potentially recovered via fishing.

yup, you read that right.
    we gotta fish for the (corrupted) ashbringer
    There is a point when nostalgia goes too far.... This is the case with this weapon. At this point the entire chain seems lazy rather than interesting as it is directly from all the theories from the original hunt.

question at the guys with that dialog after having enough AK: does the new dialog also appear when you don't have the books in your inventory?

Doesn't his throwing it into the river also harken back to the next clue in the original thread, where the writer found stuff that had been swept downriver? Check there before it necessarily being a fishing thing.