Thread: Outlaw in PvE

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Playing Outlaw is sometimes a rollercoaster of emotions.
    You will have to get very comfortable with doing periods of low damage followed by periods of very high dps.
    There are moments where you will struggle to get 5CPs and moments where you just can't dump your resources fast enough.

This tend to be a turn off for many people and they get very frustrated if they can't deal with these fluxuations.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see the damage you put out if you think Outlaw doesn't have complexity. Because you must be approaching it very wrong.

The value of all of your abilities changes based on the buffs you roll, there is no other class or spec that requires this much adaptability.
    Pure single target the only thing that changes depending on your buffs is weather or not you CotD.

You still roll for 2+ buffs and you still pop AR on cd.

And no, you dont ever use BtE if thats what you are implying by "The value of all of your abilities changes based on the buffs you roll"

If the fight is sufficiently short you may want to skip rerolling rtb, but if thats the case it doesnt really matter anyway. Just roll something, hope its not broadsides and pop everything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    You don't just roll until you get 2+. When to reroll depends on the situation you find yourself in and the boss you're fighting. If you want to learn more, visit the Outlaw discussion thread. Based on the tone of your post, you have no actual interest in bettering yourself so i'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you.
    I am in that thread . Nothing in your 76 posts implies you being anything short of a random t...l so i can safely ignore anything you say from now on
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-09-13 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Pure single target the only thing that changes depending on your buffs is weather or not you CotD.

You still roll for 2+ buffs and you still pop AR on cd.

And no, you dont ever use BtE if thats what you are implying by "The value of all of your abilities changes based on the buffs you roll"

If the fight is sufficiently short you may want to skip rerolling rtb, but if thats the case it doesnt really matter anyway. Just roll something, hope its not broadsides and pop everything

- - - Updated - - -

I am in that thread . Nothing in your 76 posts implies you being anything short of a random t...l so i can safely ignore anything you say from now on
    lol at the post count jab. Have fun being sub-optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    I´m sorry, how exactly do you "adapt and play" when you get shit rolls 10x in a row and by that time are last on the meters?
    You wait for the next ~36,000 pulls where that doesn't happen.

LOL at everyone saying the spec is complicated to play. I KNOW WHEN TO KEEP SHARK INFESTED WATERS IM SO GUD.

WOW is an easy game there is no such thing as a "hard spec to play."

I would argue that keeping SIF most of the time is a good idea. In short fights it boosts your burst a lot, especially AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    LOL at everyone saying the spec is complicated to play. I KNOW WHEN TO KEEP SHARK INFESTED WATERS IM SO GUD.

WOW is an easy game there is no such thing as a "hard spec to play."

I would argue that keeping SIF most of the time is a good idea. In short fights it boosts your burst a lot, especially AOE.
    Not a single person said its complicated, but there are people like you saying its braindead easy, and thats why you and others who say that complain about dps and blame it on string of single rolls.

Not a single person said its complicated, but there are people like you saying its braindead easy, and thats why you and others who say that complain about dps and blame it on string of single rolls.
    I never complained, you can't help if you get 5 rolls in a row of 1 shit buff at the wrong time.

Nothing feels better than burning MFD and your COTD on single buff rolls of the same one over and over.

Had a few fights where i literally rolled grand melee at the start of the fight 6 times by itself.

The inner monologue goes something like this...

Roll 1: Damnt
    Roll 2: GOD DAMNT
    Roll 3: Is this for real?
    Roll 4: FUCK!
    Roll 5: FUCK MY ASS!!!
    Roll 6: Fuck this i'm done.
    Last edited by Roiids; 2016-09-13 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    lol at the post count jab. Have fun being sub-optimal.
    I'l enjoy that knowing i could never be as bad as you

These random shit throwing contests are always fun. Especially when winning is this easy

During my time leveling (I'm 107 at the moment) I only rolled a 6 ONCE.

But since I have the grappling hook I don't care.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Playing Outlaw is sometimes a rollercoaster of emotions.
    You will have to get very comfortable with doing periods of low damage followed by periods of very high dps.
    There are moments where you will struggle to get 5CPs and moments where you just can't dump your resources fast enough.

This tend to be a turn off for many people and they get very frustrated if they can't deal with these fluxuations.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see the damage you put out if you think Outlaw doesn't have complexity. Because you must be approaching it very wrong.

The value of all of your abilities changes based on the buffs you roll, there is no other class or spec that requires this much adaptability.
    Just explain what are you changing? All i could think off is using pistol shot or not , with a good roll you should use saber all over.
    But what else do you change? Its saber-saber-pistol if proc- finisher. Repeat until dou have to reapply RTB. The rerolling can be a bit tricky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asapeazy View Post
    Lol outlaw is fun as hell. Forums are full of bitching and whining.
    Not when you are rolling multiple times 1 buff during pull and encounter start.
    Today with my guild mates i had 1 only 1 real opener with 2 buffs which werent the best at all.
    Most of the people saying its "fun" say it because it CAN with a major luck deal more dps than others for numbers sake...
    It's really annoying to play as when you are only rolling bad rolls which im doing all the time.

Deleted
    I adore the Outlaw Rogue, even without a ton of buffs from roll the bones, the theme and animations are just so awesome I think.

That being said, when you roll and get 5 buffs, you will need to change pants ( After the buffs run out of course )

I would love a Outlaw Rogue legendary that always guarantees two buffs when using roll the bones.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-09-13 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoke View Post
    I remember combat always had the reputation of being extremely boring for PvE content. Most rogues I knew were always 95% PvP players. I'm very intrigued my melee DPS this xpac, and am looking to roll either an outlaw rogue or an enhancement shaman. How FUN are outlaw rogues to play in a PvE environment now? Is it light-years ahead of Combat in terms of fun?
    I've never really played Combat, but Outlaw is a lot of fun. It can be frustrating to reroll RtB and have it have crappy rolls over and over, but that's pretty rare. It's balanced by the random 6 rolls where you're just going ham. Even 3 stacks is very strong and happens pretty regularly.

I fucking hate roll the bones.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

The difference between lower and upper quartile or minimum and maximum is fucking huge thanks to that one stupid skill and it feels awful.

idk man...there isnt even raid content yet and people cry about rolls and bad luck.

the current content is dungeons - and noone can tell me it is hard to roll 2-3 times before a boss hits to grap shark or a decent 2 buff combination to nuke bosses with your burst cd's.

dudes got problems...

also - for the love of god...stop sticking to the "reroll until 2 buffs" shit.

in dungeons before a boss you have 90% of the time the chance to fish pre pull. and the 10% you can't..well fuck it..who cares..if you get broadsides reroll one more time..and stick with it (most of the time).

not like it matters anyway..i end a bossfight with 350-450k dps if i got shark roll and run through hc/mystik with 3 guild dds.

if i didnt fish or rly had bad luck im still at 230-260k dps...not too shabby aswell.

i like the spec because it feels kinda like the old combat specc but has some dynamic things aswell...

I got broadsides? alright i finish with 5cp+ ... else i use my PS/GS to fill for the 6th one...
    I got a PS procc but i could possibly overcap energy? i don't use PS but a SS bc it does more dmg (atm).
    I got my dreadblades coming up in 30 sec and rolled True bearing? hell idc if its 2 buffs or not. if i can bring AR in time to use it with my next dreadblades i stick with true bearing.
    I got adds coming up in 10 seconds but just rolled a shark? yeah i probably also stick with the shark...however depending on how much hp the adds got and if i have mfd rdy.. then i might consider reroll one time..

i could count at least 20 more situations where i would not consider rerolling ( at least for now..in dungeons)...or just be at least more flexible to consider how i can do the most damage with little risk.

you guys maybe just start enjoying the specc itself instead of just reducing it to a boolean...where 1 buff is false and 2 buffs are true
    Last edited by Tyrarolls; 2016-09-14 at 02:12 AM.

You don't just roll until you get 2+. When to reroll depends on the situation you find yourself in and the boss you're fighting. If you want to learn more, visit the Outlaw discussion thread. Based on the tone of your post, you have no actual interest in bettering yourself so i'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you.
    is always worth recasting Roll the Bones until you have at least 2 active buffs according to all guides ive read, what info do you have that says otherwise?
    Last edited by petrik; 2016-09-14 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petrik View Post
    is always worth recasting Roll the Bones until you have at least 2 active buffs according to all guides ive read, what info do you have that says otherwise?
    Common sense when all the guides are built around raiding rotations and the only content available to you is dungeons. Fight length in raids is far longer so it's a bit pointless trying to apply it to short dungeon combat.

We have 2-3 min fights at the moment. If you spend half the bosses hp rolling and re-rolling the bones. You are the problem, not the spec.

Deleted
    I'm quite fine with rtb beeing RNG. For dungeons i ususally reroll on the last trash mob ~20% hp use MfD on that mob again and - depending on buffs and alacrity buff wearing of before tank pulls the boss, reroll again before pull. If i get shitty buffs again i use MFD on boss to RTB just before pull. If that roll is crap again I reroll after opener and stick to that buff for AR and cotdb. That are 4 chances to get good rolls on pull and usually it works fine. I stick with TB or Shark on the last 2 rerolls because I either get heavy dmg from Cotdb or a second AR

What I hate is the heavy dependency on getting grand melee to fight elites or large packs of mobs. You MfD - RtB 2 Buffs and none of your buffs is Grand melee and you pull, your hp start to drop, you start to sweat and reroll at 2 CP and keep on getting no GM to heal back up is just bad :/
    Last edited by mmocca89381edc; 2016-09-14 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilor View Post
    Common sense when all the guides are built around raiding rotations and the only content available to you is dungeons. Fight length in raids is far longer so it's a bit pointless trying to apply it to short dungeon combat.
    Ah yeah youre absolutly right, was just me assuming it was a raid encounter scenario. Ah well

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Yeah i am the salty one here

I'm not disputing the usefulln ess of Grappling hook. But its not part of our dps rotation for pve. And an ability with a 20 sec cd that has most of it usability in the outdoor world isnt really worth considdering as to why you should definately play outlaw over enhancement.

Outlaw is by far the easiest rogue spec to play. If you know to roll for 2+ buffs i'd even call it as easy as BM.

There are definately different difficulties for specs.

I love rogue, why would i switch?
    Dude, Grappling Hook might just be one of the best utility abilities in the game. If you don't get why it is amazing in a PvE setting, or how it can greatly affect your overall damage output during quite a few boss fights, then I feel bad for whoever is going to have to raid with you.
    -Get out of the fire, now!
    -Go fight those ads that spawned on the other end of the room, now!
    -Hide behind this big-ass rock, now!
    -You fucked up and got pushed off a cliff? No you haven't!
    -Boss teleported to the other end of the room? Now so have you!
    -You need to stand on the thing? You are now standing on the thing!

Seriously, having a quasi teleport to any location within 40 yards is a huge survivability and movement tool, both of which are vital to maximize your DPS. Grappling Hook is better than sprint, better than Hit and Run, better than other classes' movement abilities like blink or ghost wolf. It is an excellent ability and Outlaw Rogues are much better off for having it.
    Raiding is so much more than just sticking to the boss' butt and executing your standard rotation.