Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Beta is up to date with even recent hotfixes as the kite 15min nerf I don't think it's any different than live at this point.
    Ah ok, thank you. Thought the beta had just been left as it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Hard to say, the old Bindings were also just a drop from Garr / Geddon without anything special.

The difficult part was figure out that had you had to pay Demitrian a visit and how to get Elementium bars, you had to find this Earthcaller Franzahl (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Earthcaller_Franzahl) who just told you that his former apprentice Krixix might have the knowledge to smelt Elementium, who later appeared in BWL and had to MC'd to teach any miner how to craft Elementium bars.

Does it have to drop from the Broken Isles? No, the corrupted Ashbringer skin questchain has nothing to do with the Broken Isles.

The only "110" content involved there seems to be AV PvP and the Large vile Slime, aside from this artifact research part.
    Thats what I mean ! We need same pattern here! Its not just a random drop! We are missing something for it to drop! (thats my opinion)

And unlike Paladins our quest is different! Its a drop chance thing! While theirs was combining items from OLD content ! They didnt have to farm anything in order to get them! Just one BWD and AV thats all it takes to get two parts of the book. Hard part about that one was to actaully guess what was needed to be done ! Which Im astonished and sort of Jealous of paladins! Now the long wait begins for them!
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Deleted
    Can confirm that killing Ash'golm on heroic with Thunderfury equipped did not get me a drop of the bindings. As expected, but before someone wastes time on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm just Googled Talgath found http://www.wowhead.com/npc=102294/talgath#outfit this! Has anyone seen him?
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotzz View Post
    This is just a theory but could those earlier on saying that maybe a amulet sold by Griftah was needed were onto something? Perhaps a Rogue needs to get a specific neck item in old content similar to Paladin needing the nat pagle books.
    This actually peaked my curiosity. No idea if someone has already tested this.
    The junk Griftah has been selling over the years has never had any meaning.
    It would be pretty ironic if it turns out one of them actually works and since outlaw is a pirate and pirates are usually after treasures.
    Among others Griftah sells the 'Talisman of True Treasure Tracking' which is coincidentally level 60 item. The level of Molten Core where the Bindings originally drop. Sure the Thunderfury itself is item level 80, but Griftah also sells another neck 'Problem Solving Pendant', which is item level 80 same as Thunderfury.
    And well what do we have in our hand is a problem right. Sure the neck has a description "No money. No problem." Which is probably the fun fact that it costs 100g which was a lot back then.

But as I said these have always been junk, useful for nothing items.
    If the key to this mystery would be hidden behind something like that it would be pretty awesome and a long running thing in the game even though the artifacts haven't been even in the design when these have been implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Uhm just Googled Talgath found http://www.wowhead.com/npc=102294/talgath#outfit this! Has anyone seen him?
    I'm pretty sure that he's just there when we actually get the Dreadblades. The location matches up, and looking at a guide on Wowhead about the Dreadblades that does list him saying a few lines during the boss fight. I didn't notice it at the time but it seems the most likely answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    This actually peaked my curiosity. No idea if someone has already tested this.
    The junk Griftah has been selling over the years has never had any meaning.
    It would be pretty ironic if it turns out one of them actually works and since outlaw is a pirate and pirates are usually after treasures.
    Among others Griftah sells the 'Talisman of True Treasure Tracking' which is coincidentally level 60 item. The level of Molten Core where the Bindings originally drop. Sure the Thunderfury itself is item level 80, but Griftah also sells another neck 'Problem Solving Pendant', which is item level 80 same as Thunderfury.
    And well what do we have in our hand is a problem right. Sure the neck has a description "No money. No problem." Which is probably the fun fact that it costs 100g which was a lot back then.

But as I said these have always been junk, useful for nothing items.
    If the key to this mystery would be hidden behind something like that it would be pretty awesome and a long running thing in the game even though the artifacts haven't been even in the design when these have been implemented.
    Its just borderline insane to have to guess something like that imo.

Anyway my understanding was that we know have reliable info that the guy we want to murder is "Firelords Kin" not the firelord himself?

Deleted
    He appears behind the boss when you're first obtaining the blades, the quest ends at that location.

I've thoroughly scoured it afterwards, with detect and without, absolutely no sign of him.

I think that may be from his brief appearance during the Outlaw artifact quest. He appeared as a hologram talking to Eliza before we fought her in that old temple, egging her on to kill us off.

Isn't Talgath also the guy that Velen trusted before the Dranei's escape from Argus, but then sold him out? He used to be a warrior before he became a legion-scumbag.

It would be interesting if the whole windy road to finding this skin involved screwing that creep over somehow.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2016-09-13 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Thats what I mean ! We need same pattern here! Its not just a random drop! We are missing something for it to drop! (thats my opinion)
    The "same" pattern would be to receive a Binding as the very first step, then you had to find someone who could actually do something with it (Highlord Demitrian), which then gives the Vessel of Rebirth, which starts a quest that requires 10x Elementium bars and both Bindings.

The Treasure Hunt for Elementium is out of the picture currently, it's not exactly unknown how to get Infernal Brimstones unlike Elementium when the first people went into MC.

So the "Elementium part" itself is scrapped from the chain or at the very start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The "same" pattern would be to receive a Binding as the very first step, then you had to find someone who could actually do something with it (Highlord Demitrian), which then gives the Vessel of Rebirth, which starts a quest that requires 10x Elementium bars and both Bindings.

The Treasure Hunt for Elementium is out of the picture currently, it's not exactly unknown how to get Infernal Brimstones unlike Elementium when the first people went into MC.

So the "Elementium part" itself is scrapped from the chain or at the very start.
    Infernal Brimstones show up as a Mining World Quest currently. I have 15 of em. Not hard to obtain if you have mining.

I did a little more mining and discovered a few more texts that seem related to the quest, but it only makes it more confusing. There seems to be multiple lines that say similar things.

ID: Text

119150: You possess a powerful binding from the Firelord's kin. These are no toys, $r. Bindings such as these threaten even the great elemental lords. They are unspeakably dangerous to possess.

Do you seek to imprison the Windlord with these bindings? Or do you have some other intent?

119151: I do not fear the Windlord. As long as I have this binding, he should fear me.

119157: I care little of your Bindings.

Thunderaan has returned through the efforts of the Earthen Ring. The new Windlord has risen, and it is he you should speak to about these wretched creations.

But even then, just one Binding is of little use even to the Windlord.

119158: Bold, $r. The elemental lords are not known for their generosity.

Still, should you recover both bindings, and ore powerful enough to turn them into something of use, then I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord.

Use the time between then and now to consider the wisdom of this meeting. I shall understand if you do not return.

119159: What would the Windlord require to arrange an audience?

119161: I have no desire to imprison the Windlord. I wish to come to an arrangement with him.

119162:Curious.

Thunderaan has returned through the efforts of the Earthen Ring. The new Windlord has risen, and it is he you should speak to about these wretched creations.

But even then, just one Binding is of little use even to the lord of Skywall.

119397: Mortal $r. You presume much to summon me.

119398: Ragnaros the Firelord once imprisoned me within bindings such as those you hold now.

119399: And greedy mortals not unlike you freed me only to strike and steal my weapon, and my power.

119400: But now that the Earthen Ring has seen to my return, I am inclined to show patience. Your errand may not be a foolish one after all.

119401: Give me the bindings that I might turn them against the Firelord and his minions, and I will reward you in kind.

119402: And so it is done, $r. Do not call upon me again.

119403: You possessed bindings such as those once before. An eternal prison from which you freed me only to jealously seek my power.

119404: I should strike you down for what you did to me. For what you stole from me.

Also to note, a few of the 119397-119404 have a note of "PlayerConditionID = 42188" or"PlayerConditionID = 42187" I don't see anywhere in the database at all where these numbers are mentioned.

Another thing: That new quest that popped up overnight is not listed in my database at all. I'm not sure if they have some way to hide it or something, but I can't figure it out. I'm sure there are people that have been looking at this type of stuff for longer that could possibly figure it out.

I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiffy View Post
    I did a little more mining and discovered a few more texts that seem related to the quest, but it only makes it more confusing. There seems to be multiple lines that say similar things.

119150: You possess a powerful binding from the Firelord's kin. These are no toys, $r. Bindings such as these threaten even the great elemental lords. They are unspeakably dangerous to possess.

Do you seek to imprison the Windlord with these bindings? Or do you have some other intent?

119151: I do not fear the Windlord. As long as I have this binding, he should fear me.

Still, should you recover both bindings, and ore powerful enough to turn them into something of use, then I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord.

Use the time between then and now to consider the wisdom of this meeting. I shall understand if you do not return.

119161: I have no desire to imprison the Windlord. I wish to come to an arrangement with him.

119398: Ragnaros the Firelord once imprisoned me within bindings such as those you hold now.

119399: And greedy mortals not unlike you freed me only to strike and steal my weapon, and my power.

119400: But now that the Earthen Ring has seen to my return, I am inclined to show patience. Your errand may not be a foolish one after all.

119401: Give me the bindings that I might turn them against the Firelord and his minions, and I will reward you in kind.

119403: You possessed bindings such as those once before. An eternal prison from which you freed me only to jealously seek my power.

119404: I should strike you down for what you did to me. For what you stole from me.

Also to note, a few of the 119397-119404 have a note of "PlayerConditionID = 42188" or"PlayerConditionID = 42187" I don't see anywhere in the database at all where these numbers are mentioned.

Another thing: That new quest that popped up overnight is not listed in my database at all. I'm not sure if they have some way to hide it or something, but I can't figure it out. I'm sure there are people that have been looking at this type of stuff for longer that could possibly figure it out.

I'll keep looking.
    Now this is interesting. I think our best bet is to figure out what the PlayerConditionIDs are referencing, since that essentially tells us what we need to do first.

So... has Black rook hold been fully explored... like did anyone use Key of Kalyndras and see if that boss dropped anything specifically for us?

Please forgive me if this was tried please keep in mind 97 pages is ALOT to go through

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oiffy View Post

I'll keep looking.
    Maybe he has different dialogue if u have done the thunderfury questchain. Maybe thats the ConditionID?

Also it seems that we dont enter his realm or the shaman classhall, we summon him.

Quote Originally Posted by pinchbottom View Post
    Now this is interesting. I think our best bet is to figure out what the PlayerConditionIDs are referencing, since that essentially tells us what we need to do first.
    Doesn't it just seem like that's tied to different text based on whether or not you had the level 60 Thunderfury? Seems to imply that owning the level 60 one isn't a requirement, which is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pinchbottom View Post
    Maybe having binding 1 and binding 2, or maybe condition1 is having both to start a new quest, which 'rewards' you a new 'combined' bindings which then triggers condition2.

Another thing I've noticed. On http//us.battleDOTnet/wow/en/item/139536#tab=rewardFromQuests you can inspect the element that shows "Audience with the Windlord" and it shows as Quest ID #43560, which apparently doesn't exist in any databases either. They definitely have a way of hiding quests so that we can't datamine it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterhausen View Post
    Maybe he has different dialogue if u have done the thunderfury questchain. Maybe thats the ConditionID?

Also it seems that we dont enter his realm or the shaman classhall, we summon him.
    That does seem to make the most sense to me- perhaps all the duplicated dialogue is based off of whether or not you have the previous one.
    I find it interesting in all of this that the beef has nothing really to do with the Dreadblades then, and everything to do with Ragnaros and Thunderaan having beefs with each other.

I get that the Elemental Plane plays a part in all of this, as it is tied in to the lore of the Old Gods and Titans and Azeroth, but just interesting that it's more Thunderaan trying to return the favor to Rag and payback. I wonder what Neptulon and Therazane have to say about that at this point... in some ways, I feel like there are bigger fish to fry, so why quibble over who tried to imprison whom for millennia. Bury the hatchet and all that.

If 42188 and 42187 are quest IDs, those are monk/shaman ally combat ally recruitment quests. One for Nobundo, and other one is for Chen and LiLi