Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much of a DPS increase is Pyretic Incantation?

Is there any data for this? Or personal experience perhaps? How significant of a dps increase is it?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty significant

Deleted
    Before it I was struggling to be first on some fights, as I took Phoenix reborn first. Now I am 90% first, especially as the fights get shorter, bursting more than any other class really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Before it I was struggling to be first on some fights, as I took Phoenix reborn first. Now I am 90% first, especially as the fights get shorter, bursting more than any other class really.
    I really hope this is going to be true, as I started with PR myself and in some fight with a lot of effort I can keep the lead in DPS after the initial burst, but it's a struggle and if even 1 proc is wasted to avoid mechanics I am screwed...

Also I am not sure if I can find somewhere how much Crit I can expect to have before raids? sitting at 53% now at 534 ilvl, so 56/57?

Deleted
    I hope you mean 834 ilvl, but I've seen people to write 5-8xx at all times in mage threads. 53% is more than enough. And it is actually PI trait which puts crit above int. 56-57 would be almost full crit gear which is not always optimal if you have higher ilvl pieces. You never want to waste procs due to mechanics, icy flows, or whatever it is called, should be more than enough to chain everything asap. I am at 849 and around 51% crit without legendary yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    I hope you mean 834 ilvl, but I've seen people to write 5-8xx at all times in mage threads. 53% is more than enough. And it is actually PI trait which puts crit above int. 56-57 would be almost full crit gear which is not always optimal if you have higher ilvl pieces. You never want to waste procs due to mechanics, icy flows, or whatever it is called, should be more than enough to chain everything asap. I am at 849 and around 51% crit without legendary yet.
    yes 834 :P

Deleted
    I have 840 ilevel with my full crit gear and legendary and I sit at 57% crit. With PI my peak dps at the start with Combust is ~480k single target. If I don't get annoyed with boss mechanics I see myself diminish to around 300k dps at the end of a fight. Having high crit and lucky PI upkeep is definitely a strong factor.

You can remove ~25% damage from my burst opener (since everything is a 100% crit), and that drops the dps from 480k to 360k. That's a SUBSTANTIAL dps loss.

Even on trash, you usually sustain 1 or 2 stacks of PI and that can be the difference between 2 million burst DPS to 1.8m. (Highest I've gotten so far is 2.4m on a pack of 7.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drakorex View Post
    I really hope this is going to be true, as I started with PR myself and in some fight with a lot of effort I can keep the lead in DPS after the initial burst, but it's a struggle and if even 1 proc is wasted to avoid mechanics I am screwed...

Also I am not sure if I can find somewhere how much Crit I can expect to have before raids? sitting at 53% now at 534 ilvl, so 56/57?
    I'm at 847 atm, rocking 60% crit with one crit trinket (Eye of Skovald, sadly no baton yet). More is definitely possible. I'm using one 150 crit ring enchant and one 200, I'm wearing a crit/mastery 850 crafted belt that could be pure crit. I think you could get to 65% crit before raids, if you really tried. And past 60% you start to notice a big difference in PI uptime.

Speaking of PI, it's a pretty huge DPS boost.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMage View Post
    Is there any data for this? Or personal experience perhaps? How significant of a dps increase is it?
    About 25% dmg increase during Combustion significant at the least. I've had Pyros crit for 500k+ with a few stacks up from 300k. I also rushed Phoenix Reborn and regretted it.

It was a very noticeable burst increase. On an unhindered opening combustion window i get close to 500k with PI as opposed to rarely seeing 400k without it.

Just from a quick glance, i could tell that my dps bar during opening burst is considerably farther ahead then others and didnt not pull as far ahead before PI.

I have been competing much better in the aoe game lately but i havent really noticed if that is PI or other factors such as gear and better skill use in aoe situations. This is all with the exception of Living Bomb on large packs of bats, spiders, etc.. It really ramps up my aoe game to the tune of 1.5-2 mil burst dps.

I went with Phoenix Reborn first, which itself is pretty awesome for aoeing trash packs, i blow 2 PFs per pack and i never not have PFs when i need them. It helps with that early feeling of wow my aoe sucks when compared to DHs and Monks. I was also able to get the ignite damage boost with that route, and would probably do that again if given the choice, because everything just feels better when i have enough PFs to do whatever i want.

Having hit 844 last tuesday/wednesday, i had gotten a little stagnant with the progression feel, and along with it taking me like 4-5 days to get the 24k AP for PI, it was a real sweet payoff and boost when i finally got it.

From a feel perspective i would def go PR first then PI, but PI is pretty great all around.

I am curious on that, should I never use Phoenix Flames on single targets (even if to trigger a pyroblast, assuming FB is on CD) outside of maybe something like the Combustion/RoP window?

On bosses, my damage is solid, but I am still trying to figure out how to do at least some okay damage on the trash packs themselves. I tend to be lazy on trash mobs, so it rather sucks that we have to rely on our cooldowns to fight trash mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Is it worth respeccing the artifact to PI from PR? Seriously considering it.

I still am very competitive on DPS with room to grow with gear (840 + legendary robe of the live lord boosting my ilvl a bit) - but I am not seeing the numbers I hear about from others.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    I'm at 847 atm, rocking 60% crit with one crit trinket (Eye of Skovald, sadly no baton yet). More is definitely possible. I'm using one 150 crit ring enchant and one 200, I'm wearing a crit/mastery 850 crafted belt that could be pure crit. I think you could get to 65% crit before raids, if you really tried. And past 60% you start to notice a big difference in PI uptime.

Speaking of PI, it's a pretty huge DPS boost.
    Have you completed the quest chain for the Baton world quest? I only ask because when I completed the quest chain last night that triggers the world quest to occur, I was given the world quest immediately and the Baton was the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by BoonOP View Post
    Is it worth respeccing the artifact to PI from PR? Seriously considering it.

I still am very competitive on DPS with room to grow with gear (840 + legendary robe of the live lord boosting my ilvl a bit) - but I am not seeing the numbers I hear about from others.
    Id say switch to PI if you want to focus on single target damage (although PI "seems" to be pretty awesome for living bomb on packs of 10+). Keep PR if you want more PFs for aoe damage themselves + proccing hotstreaks for flamestrikes.

I dont remember what the respec cost it, but ive heard 500 AP, and if thats the cost, its not that much AP at the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    I am curious on that, should I never use Phoenix Flames on single targets (even if to trigger a pyroblast, assuming FB is on CD) outside of maybe something like the Combustion/RoP window?

On bosses, my damage is solid, but I am still trying to figure out how to do at least some okay damage on the trash packs themselves. I tend to be lazy on trash mobs, so it rather sucks that we have to rely on our cooldowns to fight trash mobs.
    I only use 1-2 PFs between each Combustion window, usually when i use RoP. PF flight time is awkward enough for me at range to dislike using them outside the combustion window because it always feels like i have to to stopcasting to cast PF instead.

The exception would be on the move situations or more specifically when adds that need to die come out, then ill just blow all the PFs i have and worry about not having them later. Most of the time i have two PFs ready for combustion again because of PR, sometimes it doesnt work out hehe..

Unfortunately, if you want to do good aoe damage, you have to work (and even then monks and DHs will make you feel bad). Need to use RoP, Living bomb cast on cooldown, use all of your hotstreaks to spam flamestrikes into the packs. i usually use 1-2 PFs per trash pack to add the PF aoe damage and push even more hotstreaks. With PR, i dont miss those PFs and have 2 more ready to go for the next pack.

For right now, you just have to accept that we are not going to perform well on 2-3 mobs, we do ok on 5-6, and if tiny mob packs of 10+ live long enough for LB to go off, then we get our aoe payoff.

What is the softcap for crit when mastery becomes better?

Yes I am aware Mastery is the worst single target but you get maybe 1-2 boss fights an instance which are Single Target. So cleave is important which is Ignite for us.

Also anyone comparing your DMG to melee should stop. Meele lose significant damage in raids because they have to move and stop dps way way more then casters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler342 View Post

Yes I am aware Mastery is the worst single target but you get maybe 1-2 boss fights an instance which are Single Target. So cleave is important which is Ignite for us.

Also anyone comparing your DMG to melee should stop. Meele lose significant damage in raids because they have to move and stop dps way way more then casters.
    Dont worry about that. Just get crit

Quote Originally Posted by nukie View Post
    I dont remember what the respec cost it, but ive heard 500 AP, and if thats the cost, its not that much AP at the end of the day.
    It depends on how many traits you already have, but for me at 13 traits, it costs 60000 AP to unlock.

So yeah, I wouldn't bother respeccing.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    It depends on how many traits you already have, but for me at 13 traits, it costs 60000 AP to unlock.

So yeah, I wouldn't bother respeccing.
    It costs as much as your next trait to respec

- - - Updated - - -

It allows you to get more hotstreaks, really good when you get a decent chain of pyroblasts off of combustion.

- - - Updated - - -

100%, it could be lower but 66% and 75% seem reasonable.

Crit is always best, during combustion it becomes mastery so its got you covered there. Outside of combustion it's keeping up your PI trait, amping your damage, and as you know the stronger your ignite generating spells hit the higher the ignite itself. Mastery is better on more targets, but still not better than crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMeta View Post
    I have 840 ilevel with my full crit gear and legendary and I sit at 57% crit. With PI my peak dps at the start with Combust is ~480k single target. If I don't get annoyed with boss mechanics I see myself diminish to around 300k dps at the end of a fight. Having high crit and lucky PI upkeep is definitely a strong factor.

You can remove ~25% damage from my burst opener (since everything is a 100% crit), and that drops the dps from 480k to 360k. That's a SUBSTANTIAL dps loss.

Even on trash, you usually sustain 1 or 2 stacks of PI and that can be the difference between 2 million burst DPS to 1.8m. (Highest I've gotten so far is 2.4m on a pack of 7.

Hope this helps.
    this sounds weird, I don't have PI, I sit at 53% crit and at the end of a perfect combustion(not too much movement) usually I am around 490k and then I drammatically drop to around 200k If I am lucky with procs. I must be good in the opening sequence but shit on the normal rotation