Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I actually created an account to agree with the guy above me. The problem with feral AOE is the player not the class. On 2-3 targets I'm consistently #1 in DPS in mythics and ST I'm always #1. My player name is Nuzi-Proudmoore

Aoe Rotation (2-3 targets 300k-450k sustained DPS)
    Open on main target with rake > thrash > Brutal slash to 5 combo points > Rip
    Cast PS
    On remaining targets I apply rake and then build 5 cp and apply Rip to those targets.
    Use brutal slash on CD
    Maintain Thrash bleed
    Win.

Aoe rotation (4+ targets)
    Good luck!
    But seriously.
    Use your standard opener on the kill target and spam brutal slash and thrash until 5 cp and keep casting Rip on mobs.

Thing you need to accept on 4+ mob packs. You will not be able to keep bleeds up on every target and you'll only manage to keep Rip up on 3 targets simultaneously and part of that is luck (It is possible to get Rip going on 4 targets but it'll only be for a few seconds before the 1st target Rip falls off).

Things to keep in mind in AOE situations is our kit isn't made to AOE. We are a predators! We hunt 1 target, we bloody 1 target, and we kill 1 target. No-one can beat you as feral equivalently geared and skilled single target. No class can under normal circumstances unless they get the planets to align and RNJesus blesses them with luck and takes a shit on you.

So yes, most often then not you will be behind in AOE. Accept your fate and do your job. Kill the most dangerous mob in the pack and follow that order.

Edit: The biggest problem I see with ferals struggling in dungeons (normal, heroic, and mythic) is their talents and expectations.
    For dungeons your talents should be:
    T1- Predator
    T2- Flavor pick (Doesn't matter)
    T3- Flavor pick here aswell (Anyone who says otherwise needs to stop staring at sims and actually become a human and play the class. Choose whichever of the 3 you feel most relevant at the start of the instance. I find myself going guardian with under-performing tanks (DH, brewmasters, etc) and so on and so forth for resto affinity. I'll go boomkin affinity if a boss has dangerous melee abilities to make it easier for myself.)
    T4- Mighty Bash (No brainer)
    T5- Incarnation or SoTF (Do not use Savage Roar in dungeons. There is no way to capitalize on it for trash (DPS loss in AOE) and without optimal gear it performs on par with Incarn ST and without the mind numbing rotation)
    T6- Jagged Wounds
    T7- Brutal Slash (I find this talent winning in just about every situation. Did Halls of Valor twice on mythic and found brutal slash to be a DPS gain over BT. With heavy managing of energy/rotation I did increase my dps with BT on single target but for the amount gained its just simpler to go with BS as it eases the rotation quite a bit.)
    Last edited by Nuziatella; 2016-09-13 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Nobody said keep up Rip on every target lol. You just rake when you can, Thrash when Rake is on maximum targets and Rip when you can, don't forget to use your Artifact when possible as long as it's up for the boss and to get the reset on TF talent for 5 mans.

Edit: Also obviously stuff is going to fall off of targets, it's the nature of a Druid AOE'ing with the 33% reduction on dot time. It's fine, just keep them up as much as possible.
    I know. You can do some damage that way (especially if the adds live a bit longer), but the only way to be in anyway competitive on AoE is currently Brutal Slash.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I'm sorry, but with Feral's Energy regeneration there's absolutely no possible way of keeping Savage Roar up, plus Rake and Rip on every target. Not to mention adding in Thrash. It's just not possible.
    Soul of the Forest is better than Savage Roar in dungeons.

Deleted
    I had the opportunity to play with some random feral druids in my quest for mythic and i can say without a doubt i personally love them

Yes is true, on trash they ''suck'', compare with monsters like ''DH'', 'WW'' or Dk, whoever most of the trash in mythic at the moment can be skip and i can say without a doubt a good feral on boss can make a huge difference, as long as blizz will allow us to skip trash i would not hesitate to take a feral in my group

Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post
    I had the opportunity to play with some random feral druids in my quest for mythic and i can say without a doubt i personally love them

Yes is true, on trash they ''suck'', compare with monsters like ''DH'', 'WW'' or Dk, whoever most of the trash in mythic at the moment can be skip and i can say without a doubt a good feral on boss can make a huge difference, as long as blizz will allow us to skip trash i would not hesitate to take a feral in my group
    You don't just skip trash. Mythic keystones have kill count requirements. You must kill a certain amount of trash.

The vast majority of the time spent running a dungeon will be clearing trash. There's no debating feral is at best an average/mediocre class for dungeons.

Just like shadow priests and warlocks, you will shine more in raids where the bulk of the time is spent on a boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You don't just skip trash. Mythic keystones have kill count requirements. You must kill a certain amount of trash.

The vast majority of the time spent running a dungeon will be clearing trash. There's no debating feral is at best an average/mediocre class for dungeons.

Just like shadow priests and warlocks, you will shine more in raids where the bulk of the time is spent on a boss.
    Im 100% sure that you have more experience than me BUT, at mythic+ i assume that we will not have the ''bring everything in a ball of mobs" and aoe down everything, we will have 2 3 mobs per pack and from what i understand feral druid actually have good cleave dmg, while i know it's silly to judge a class on simple mythic because it's easy as hell, i can say that i personally notice a huge decrease on boss fight while having a feral in my group difficulty wise, all ferals i seen so far where top dps, and in some cases the difference between them and second place was actually decent high