Page 1 of 2
LastLast

NYPD officer busts knife suspect, finds treasure chest with $18k with his name on it

Official NYPD Twitter Account!

https://twitter.com/nypdpsa7/status/775125986803318785

Warning: Someone has posted Goatse.cks in the Twitter replies, careful.

Bonus information on knives in NYC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/31/op...knife-law.html

Across New York, a law-abiding person can walk into a sporting goods or hardware store and buy a standard, pocket-size folding knife — and be breaking the law.

While exact numbers are not available, thousands of New Yorkers are arrested every year and charged with possessing a “gravity knife,” which the law defines as one that opens with “the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force.” In other words, with a flick of the wrist.

In 1958, state legislators banned knives that had a blade that fell out of the handle when the user pointed it at the ground and pushed a lever. The same law bans weapons like brass knuckles and “Kung Fu stars.” But the modern knives sold in countless stores bear little resemblance to the knives that were the original subjects of the ban. Many people, including carpenters, construction workers and stagehands, have no idea that their knives can be made to open with a flick of a wrist — a skill many New York police officers have developed. Most don’t know that simply possessing such a knife breaks the law.
    Also apparently this happened a year ago also.
    http://www.villagevoice.com/news/pla...arrest-7570381
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2016-09-13 at 07:25 PM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Official NYPD Twitter Account!

https://twitter.com/nypdpsa7/status/775125986803318785

Warning: Someone has posted Goatse.cks in the Twitter replies, careful.

Bonus information on knives in NYC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/31/op...knife-law.html

And people wonder why football players are taking the knee during the anthem.
    What does one have to do with the other?

This dumb ass law has nothing to do with the spoiled NFL babies.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

People are still trying to make a bunch of people taking a knee and nothing else.

Of course a dumb law that targets people who buys knives (Realistically, anyone) oppresses black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    People are still trying to make a bunch of people taking a knee and nothing else.

Of course a dumb law that targets people who buys knives (Realistically, anyone) oppresses black people.
    Well, to be fair it's better to say that it enables police officers that want to get an arrest by hook or by crook, and in some places that really does mean arresting black people instead of white people.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Well, to be fair it's better to say that it enables police officers that want to get an arrest by hook or by crook, and in some places that really does mean arresting black people instead of white people.
    No need to turn this in to a cop vs blacks thread, plenty of those here.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Well, fuck. Can't have any criminal laws, then.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

I'll humor your derailing for a moment.

Spoiled? That would imply Kaepernick and everyone else would gain something personally by "selfishly" taking the knee or "disrespecting" the anthem during "FOOTBAWL" games... and I would be willing to bet you would be hard-pressed to prove that they would have gained anything except press time, which they don't really need, since, well, football players.

So why would I put that last line? Because, maybe, just maybe, some football players see that there is some truly fucked up things going on in the world like police robbing someone of $18,000 for a "dumb ass law" misdemeanor, and recognize that politicians and the unaffected public aren't doing much, are much too complacent, and when faced with news like this, simply turn the page. Having them kneel during what is supposed to be their "durr I tired of bad news making me feel bad I wanna watch jonny foobawl toss the ole pigskin" time is probably the most effective thing anyone can do, and every time someone says "I am tired of football players disrespecting america with their antics!" I roll my eyes, because it was never about the anthem, or the country, just some really bad issues that people are just handwaving away.

That's my reasoning for putting that in. Though knowing MMO-C, people will rather hijack the thread to make it about that, so I'll go ahead and take it out.

I'll humor your derailing for a moment.

Spoiled? That would imply Kaepernick and everyone else would gain something personally by "selfishly" taking the knee or "disrespecting" the anthem during "FOOTBAWL" games... and I would be willing to bet you would be hard-pressed to prove that they would have gained anything except press time, which they don't really need, since, well, football players.

So why would I put that last line? Because, maybe, just maybe, some football players see that there is some truly fucked up things going on in the world like police robbing someone of $18,000 for a "dumb ass law" misdemeanor, and recognize that politicians and the unaffected public aren't doing much, are much too complacent, and when faced with news like this, simply turn the page. Having them kneel during what is supposed to be their "durr I tired of bad news making me feel bad I wanna watch jonny foobawl toss the ole pigskin" time is probably the most effective thing anyone can do, and every time someone says "I am tired of football players disrespecting america with their antics!" I roll my eyes, because it was never about the anthem, or the country, just some really bad issues that people are just handwaving away.

That's my reasoning for putting that in. Though knowing MMO-C, people will rather hijack the thread to make it about that, so I'll go ahead and take it out.
    My derailing? I asked a question relevant to YOUR OP lol.

You asked a question that didn't address any of the core OP, just the little one liner at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignorance of the law is not a defense.

You asked a question that didn't address any of the core OP, just the little one liner at the end.
    Yeh, your only comment, I questioned YOUR only comment. I then went on to say the law was a "dumb ass" one. I offered more of an opinion to the core issue than you did.

You derailed your own thread bub. Not me.

So they literally rob a man and then brag about their theft in a bragging twitter post that also dox the guy convicted of no crime.

THE PICTURE HAS HIS VEHICLE REGISTRATION IN IT. WHAT THE FUCK?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So they literally rob a man and then brag about their theft in a bragging twitter post that also dox the guy convicted of no crime.

THE PICTURE HAS HIS VEHICLE REGISTRATION IN IT. WHAT THE FUCK?
    Totally justified because he had a knife that could be purchasable at a sporting goods store in that city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Ignorance of the law is not a defense however, stores in New York shouldnt be allowed to sell knives that are illegal to own either. Most normal people would assume that if you can buy something in a store in your neighborhood, that it is legal to own it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Ignorance of the law is not a defense however, stores in New York shouldnt be allowed to sell knives that are illegal to own either. Most normal people would assume that if you can buy something in a store in your neighborhood, that it is legal to own it
    Wow. An Orlong post I agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

A law that is written in a neutral manner can still be invalid if it is applied in a racist manner. See Yick Wo v. Hopkins, among others.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Wow. An Orlong post I agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

A law that is written in a neutral manner can still be invalid if it is applied in a racist manner. See Yick Wo v. Hopkins, among others.
    Again, I say. No criminal law allowed then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I say. No criminal law allowed then.
    No, no racistly-applied criminal law allowed.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No, no racistly-applied criminal law allowed.
    You have to prove it was. Otherwise, every law ever is oppressive to black people because of the potential for racist application.

Like, making it illegal to have an unlicensed gun is super oppressive to blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    it was for hillary

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...Whats the deal with that Goats thing? anything to be worried about?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch