Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    - All the notable artifacts are melee ones. Ashbringer, Doomhammer, etc. Ranged artifacts are nameless crap that nobody heard of, and they just hang on your belt while melees get to swing theirs around and really represent their class fantasy. It's such a stark difference.
    Friggin dislike this argument. I've heard it so many times, like "All other artifacts are shit because Doomhammer etc.".

Doomhammer is a piece of fucking metal, infused with power of some nameless fire elemental - a bit. Nothing spectacular at all. Compare that to a fist weapon infused with power of a Titan, wielded by the most powerful Watcher on Azeroth. To a staff wielded by Sargeras himself. Hell, there's even a reforged Frostmourne in the bunch.

It's not nameless crap, it's new stuff they invented because, well, the game didn't end on WC III. The lore keeps moving forward, and weapons are created along with it. And it makes way more sense to give us a new, intriguing weapon to discover the potential for, than to get a mace wielded by a few orcs because of its "hits in the head" ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Your other players are shit then. Sorry, it's the truth though.
    Lol ok all Top 5% players but sure they're all shit according to your anecdotal experience vs mine =)
    Our Shadows are pretty much tearing through stuff atm.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Lol ok all Top 5% players but sure they're all shit according to your anecdotal experience vs mine =)
    What? All of the SPriests in Serenity are complaining about how bad they are in Dungeons right now. This might not translate to raids but the only content anyone is really doing atm. SPriests are pretty terrible.

As a Havoc DH at 827 ilvl, I'm usually the one at the top of the meters in heroics, even single target. However, when a ww monk comes in, I usually drop to second. They're really disgusting rn lol.

I haven't done any mythics yet, so I can't say what havoc is like at 840+

As a 848 tank which saw pretty much all of the DPS classes multiple times.

General image = Casters classes are worthless shits, i hate having casters in my groups, even the best caster cant do shit compared to a medium skill level melee, thats the general image especially Warlocks and Shadow Priest not because they are useless they are just insanely slow compared to most melee.. but i prefer the 300-500K AoE with the 200-300K ST, over the pathetic desperate barely 200k the casters do.

Spec wise : Outlaw/DK/WW Monk/Hunters all 3 specs(Survival not so much but acceptable)/A good DH, which is rare, these ones i would choose over the others for dungeon any time, both OP aoe and decent DPS.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-09-13 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I'm curious whats your comp with these priests? If you're running with 2 spriests in 1 group of course they'll do well. Otherwise they suck on aoe trash, do ok on sustained aoe trash, and do pretty good on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    What? All of the SPriests in Serenity are complaining about how bad they are in Dungeons right now. This might not translate to raids but the only content anyone is really doing atm. SPriests are pretty terrible.
    They suck on AOE packs, but are pretty amazing on boss and cleave fights. In my experience anyways.

Though they still don't touch WW/Outlaw/Havoc, but that goes for most casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    They suck on AOE packs, but are pretty amazing on boss and cleave fights. In my experience anyways.
    Well not cleave exactly, but steady adds that pop up at range make me feel pretty beastly.

Also found out spriests excel at VoW final boss if you got the orb. Did it with ease and still topped DPS.

WW Monks are in a really good position atm I would say. I have found myself on top of the DPS meters since I started with Heroic Dungeons, and I'm now ilvl 842. Only class that has been even close to beating me is DH's.

Playing both WW/havoc, did all 10 as WW and 8 as havoc this week after playing tank the last one. They're rather two sides of a massive aoe-coin, they do just the same with DH being better on bossfights with 30sec meta each.

Either of the two outclass any other spec MASSIVELY right now. You see an outlaw pull 800k maybe, or 500k for fire on the first BRH trash, but both monk/havoc got an easy time sitting closer to 1.5mil once everything is dead.

Sidenote, Vengeance does great aoe burst and sad sustained damage, brewmaster does a good bit more damage than fire mages on trash, gap widening if the mage is playing LB/UE or simply not using combustion.

As a fire mage I am on top most times. The only one I have seen beat me since I got above 50% crit is a feral druid, and only by about 5k dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    As a 848 tank which saw pretty much all of the DPS classes multiple times.

General image = Casters classes are worthless shits, i hate having casters in my groups, even the best caster cant do shit compared to a medium skill level melee, thats the general image especially Warlocks and Shadow Priest not because they are useless they are just insanely slow compared to most melee.. but i prefer the 300-500K AoE with the 200-300K ST, over the pathetic desperate barely 200k the casters do.

Spec wise : Outlaw/DK/WW Monk/Hunters all 3 specs(Survival not so much but acceptable)/A good DH, which is rare, these ones i would choose over the others for dungeon any time, both OP aoe and decent DPS.
    You must group with shits. As a fire mage I do 300k+ aoe when I actually aoe. 500k if I actually try to do well. On trash I can do 200k just spamming fireball and using pyro when it procs due to ignite and combustion. Single target I do 250k+ in most fights. I can drop to below 200k if the fight requires a huge amount of movement, but I am still top in damage. In most mythics I have done lately I was doing 30-40% of the team's damage on boss fights, even with melee like DHs, DKs, and Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    Any proof of this?

That seems absurdly high for 800ilvl..
    dont worry about it, he is talking out his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzou View Post
    You must group with shits. As a fire mage I do 300k+ aoe when I actually aoe. 500k if I actually try to do well. On trash I can do 200k just spamming fireball and using pyro when it procs due to ignite and combustion. Single target I do 250k+ in most fights. I can drop to below 200k if the fight requires a huge amount of movement, but I am still top in damage. In most mythics I have done lately I was doing 30-40% of the team's damage on boss fights, even with melee like DHs, DKs, and Warriors.
    Fire mages are generally the exception to the rule, all other casters(not counting hunters as casters) are pretty bad in 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    Sidenote, Vengeance does great aoe burst and sad sustained damage, brewmaster does a good bit more damage than fire mages on trash, gap widening if the mage is playing LB/UE or simply not using combustion.
    Mage has to blow all of their CDs and are still behind the 1 button AOE for WW and DH. .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    If you look at lists of both the specs that people think play better in Legion, and the hierarchy of DPS in simcrafts, melees top both to an overwhelming degree. Like 75% of the melee specs are in the top of both lists and 75% of the ranged specs are in the bottom. It's so absurdly lopsided. I've played WoW since vanilla and have played every expansion, and class balance has never been this bad when you factor in not just DPS performance but all the additional ways in which Legion blatantly favors melee...
    Except when you come out of 5man dungs nobody wants a fucking melee because ranged DPS are always better in raid? Yeah, like rageds where never good at raids, and they where always nerfed. Also Reaver wasnt killed by 15 mages in 15 seconds. But yeah, WoW is so melee focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzou View Post
    As a fire mage I am on top most times. The only one I have seen beat me since I got above 50% crit is a feral druid, and only by about 5k dps.

- - - Updated - - -

You blow your CD's to do that, bla bla bla, for awhile after that, worthless carrying carcass.

Its not that mages cant do the DPS of melee, its that the melee do it every second pack, casters either cant do it, or do it every 5th pack.

I am talking pure dungeon speed, not "Raid Boss DPS Viability" if we talked about that, we would only take Outlaw rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You blow your CD's to do that, bla bla bla, for awhile after that, worthless carrying carcass.

Its not that mages cant do the DPS of melee, its that the melee do it every second pack, casters either cant do it, or do it every 5th pack.

I am talking pure dungeon speed, not "Raid Boss DPS Viability" if we talked about that, we would only take Outlaw rogues.
    When it comes to Mythic + mages can do it every pack due to the length of the packs, once they start getting past the 860+ Ilvls not many classes are close to them on AoE or ST

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Except when you come out of 5man dungs nobody wants a fucking melee because ranged DPS are always better in raid? Yeah, like rageds where never good at raids, and they where always nerfed. Also Reaver wasnt killed by 15 mages in 15 seconds. But yeah, WoW is so melee focused.
    Mage dps last xpac was solely because the leg ring lined up with AP and crystal.

And the doom trinket was broken as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    Mage dps last xpac was solely because the leg ring lined up with AP and crystal.

And the doom trinket was broken as well.
    Well mage was top DPS all raids. Highmaul frost and arcane, BRF fire and HFC Arcane

7+ Year Old Account
    827 WW, and that doesn't account for much, but I destroy every heroic I run. DH and Hunters are second but I'm always at least 10-20% ahead of them at least. The burst AoE is completely insane and will be undoubtedly nerfed. I would frankly not be surprised if I saw WW outperforming most specs in raids as well. They are just insanely overtuned.