Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Doesn't matter if you knock 2 yards off of barrage. MM's mastery is still extending every shot by many more yards than that. That's why barrage is shooting through mountains lol. How I can this be so simple to me and oblivious to the devs.
    I sincerely doubt it is oblivious to them. They just realize, most likely, that this "problem" can be circumvented by using the ability in an intelligent way rather than just pressing the button and "hoping for the best."

Don't get me wrong, some pulls I have to go ahead of the mobs being pulled then aim the barrage either at a wall or facing the way from where we cleared trash. But not everything is going to provide perfect quality of life.

Unless I'm not understanding the problem to the full extent, I've never found myself pulling extra mobs without it being a derp moment on my part. And that's not a reason to change the ability.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2016-09-13 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazda View Post
    @Pipboi - there are multiple people reporting the same issue. Are you sure you want to go around insulting someone when there is a chance that he is right?
    If you get the Hunter's Mark proc on a target Sidewinders will also hit the target. The things is that the Hunter's Mark Proc is applied immediately while the dmg of Sidewinders is only applied after the green shit hits the target.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    that makes a lot of sense. thank you Ohai

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Barrage doesn't apply vulnerability and Windburst only applies it to your target. The range of spread on Barrage absolutely is the problem. I've never pulled extra trash with Marked Shot and only once with Sidewinders. Barrage will do it every time.
    If your barrage is pulling all the time, then it is you who have the problem, not the skill maybe? Either learn to deal with it by angle yourself such that it does not hit other mob, or simply go pick another talent. no one forces you to use barrage. Barrage is a high risk high damage talent meant for people who knows how to control their aim properly and that is what truly differentiate between a marksman and a novice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I hardly think that's an insult. I told him he's wrong about Windburst. Other people have mentioned the Sidewinders bug, which may very well be real. But he's twice now insinuated that Windburst applies mark/vulnerable to other targets which it does not. It's a strictly single target spell.
    Can confirm. Windburst is strictly single target only, but I've had Marked debuffs go up on targets just outside of the damage cone of Sidewinders multiple times (EG, not pulling till I press marked shot). A delay in the traveltime of the damage from Sidewinders versus when procs go up could easily explain it though - it's... Not very often I don't immidiatelly follow up a sidewinder with marked shot.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Sidewinders marks first, but it can take up to ~3 seconds until it reaches the target and deals damage.

That's the reason why you pull "with MS" sometimes..in reality however Sidewinders would've pulled it anyway.
    This is just NOT true. I have personally seen many times where Hunter's mark is applied to targets that sidewinders does NOT hit. Somehow hunter's mark is being applied to targets is should not be. Also sidewinders has too big of an aoe and goes past the target which can be an issue. Barrage has ridiculous range as MM and can shoot through some walls making it a bit of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    This is just NOT true.
    That is exactly how it works though. I don't know if it is, but unless it's possible to move out of the SW spread after being marked, they will eventually be hit if they are marked. Also the spread and range beyond the target is tied directly to how far away you are. If spread is a problem get closer. Otherwise the spread on that sucker is dank and I do not want it reduced.

Honestly I don't see why all you people are trying to balance these things based on dungeon trash pulls. Just don't fucking use it if you are incapable of using it without being an idiot. When it actually matters for downing spread adds on boss fights, SW and Barrage will be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    If your barrage is pulling all the time, then it is you who have the problem, not the skill maybe? Either learn to deal with it by angle yourself such that it does not hit other mob, or simply go pick another talent. no one forces you to use barrage. Barrage is a high risk high damage talent meant for people who knows how to control their aim properly and that is what truly differentiate between a marksman and a novice.
    I never said I use Barrage. I use Murder of Crows because I see other hunters constantly pulling other mobs with Barrage. Stop overreacting, mister sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazda View Post
    It is definitely possible to apply Hunters Mark to targets without pulling them, not sure what the exact conditions are to make that happen - but it has happened to me multiple times. (never used Sentinel) Pretty sure it is Sidewinders marking more targets than it damages.
    This is my experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJazz View Post
    That is exactly how it works though. I don't know if it is, but unless it's possible to move out of the SW spread after being marked, they will eventually be hit if they are marked. Also the spread and range beyond the target is tied directly to how far away you are. If spread is a problem get closer. Otherwise the spread on that sucker is dank and I do not want it reduced.
    Oh I understand how the ability is "supposed to work". I am saying that Sidewinders sometimes applies Hunters mark to targets it never hits and it never will hit, therefore its bugged. Ive personally seen it happen on multiple occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    Oh I understand how the ability is "supposed to work". I am saying that Sidewinders sometimes applies Hunters mark to targets it never hits and it never will hit, therefore its bugged. Ive personally seen it happen on multiple occasions.
    Show proof of this happening then.

15+ Year Old Account
    We need someone to test this without pressing Marked Shot. Fire sidewinders and wait the 3 seconds it can take to hit the final target. Check if the all the NPC's become aggro that have the debuff. If they don't aggro but maintain the debuff that's a *bug*. Because marked shot will pull them the moment you use it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

they are hunters, who cares