Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    people fantasizing about romance, especially gay romance between 2 video game characters and urging it to be shoven on other people's face must have a really sad romantic life
    We had Thrall X Jaina since cataclysm so

Homosexuality is an incredible minority in the population, it wouldn't be realistic to have major characters be gay and would feel forced due to silly social justice quotas which most people are not in favour of.

In addition it is far less likely that even if Anduin were gay, that he would have an public relationship in that manner since he is a king. Being king means that having an heir is one of the most important things, and so at best he would have a queen and and heir and a side gay thing with someone behind the scenes.

Regardless though, it is a terrible idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Cute Overload <3 <3 <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    Homosexuality is an incredible minority in the population, it wouldn't be realistic to have major characters be gay and would feel forced due to silly social justice quotas which most people are not in favour of.
    Its not like its going to be worse than Agraa

Also... No, please, don't use the word "realistic" in any of this topic, it makes no sense (for many reasons)

In addition it is far less likely that even if Anduin were gay, that he would have an public relationship in that manner since he is a king. Being king means that having an heir is one of the most important things, and so at best he would have a queen and and heir and a side gay thing with someone behind the scenes.
    That alone make it worth while cause it add conflict to the plot that its not "Horde vs Alliance" or "Ultimate Evil has come to destroy the world"

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Stop trying to force something that isn't there. Anduin is a independent king who don't need no man.
    Sometimes as a leader you have to do things you don't want to. Anduin is definitely a bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post

Regardless though, it is a terrible idea.
    Women leaders are a minority. They pushed a system which bans you from using certain chat features if you're "toxic" to other players. Blizzard doesn't have any problem making their game more open to all people, even "care bears". For extra points, have him adopt a baby of different race. It could be a Panda so that they can cover the acceptance of all body shapes and sizes. Also, make sure they clarify that Wrathion does not identify with human or dragon, and that he is racial fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Anduin is already on the verge of not being masculin enough to be taken seriously as a King.

He needs a female companion. You can imagine him being secretly gay all you want. Sex shouldn't be a large part of wow anyway. Royal marriages are made to strengthen or form alliances
    Nah, he was still just a kid up until recently. From the looks of it, losing his father again made him grow up quickly.

He totally wrecked that Dreadlord's face in the Pre-Legion comics, I'd say the dude's balls have finally dropped. So much for the peace, love and happiness hippy shit he preached back in MoP.

I predict that the writers are going to hook him up with a yet unnamed female. Perhaps Jaina has a little niece back in Kul Tiras.

My question is "Why do Anduin and Wrathion have to be a thing?"

Seriously. Wrathion has much better use in the story, and Anduin is young and doesn't need to rush into a relationship, and its kinda busy both running Stornwind and just getting used to being king.

Overall, I think they're just fine being friends.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

ITT: Bigots think not being a manly man makes you gay, or that being slightly feminine means you cant be straight.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Nah, he was still just a kid up until recently. From the looks of it, losing his father again made him grow up quickly.

He totally wrecked that Dreadlord's face in the Pre-Legion comics, I'd say the dude's balls have finally dropped. So much for the peace, love and happiness hippy shit he preached back in MoP.

I predict that the writers are going to hook him up with a yet unnamed female. Perhaps Jaina has a little niece back in Kul Tiras.
    Anduin badassness checklist
    1. Daddy killed by Gul'dan (check)
    2. Daddy's badass sword is now his (check)
    3. Bitch ass dreadlord tried to do him in (check)

The Legion is fucked when (if) he become a paladin.

A lot of people seem to forget this but in one of the novels/short stories, it's mentioned how Anduin has a big crush on a dwarf girl he met in Ironforge.

Honestly that would be a lot more interesting You'd have all the aspects/drama of royalty marrying peasant stock/into another race. It would also somewhat tie Stormwind and Ironforge together and bring another dwarf female character to the fore (since Moira is pretty much the only female dwraf character of note atm)

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Wrathion is practically a baby, and neither have shown any gay tendencies. I don't get why when people get any extended interactions with each other people gotta ship em even if they are related like the 2 chicks from Frozen or the guys from Supernatural.
    There's the whole "being a dragon" thing, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    A lot of people seem to forget this but in one of the novels/short stories, it's mentioned how Anduin has a big crush on a dwarf girl he met in Ironforge.

Honestly that would be a lot more interesting You'd have all the aspects/drama of royalty marrying peasant stock/into another race. It would also somewhat tie Stormwind and Ironforge together and bring another dwarf female character to the fore (since Moira is pretty much the only female dwraf character of note atm)
    Are there any human/dwarf offspring in WoW? I can't recall any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    My question is "Why do Anduin and Wrathion have to be a thing?"

Seriously. Wrathion has much better use in the story, and Anduin is young and doesn't need to rush into a relationship, and its kinda busy both running Stornwind and just getting used to being king.

Overall, I think they're just fine being friends.

I suspect that Wrathion may have corrupted Anduin, and that story will play out in the game. Wrathion is the ultimage manipulator, and may have powers we're unaware of. (And I'm not talking sexually corrupted, you ERP dudes.)

Wrathion has proven to be dangerous. He had a long time to get into Anduin's head and do some damage. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't come off as anything more than an awkward fanfic romance.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Anduin is already on the verge of not being masculin enough to be taken seriously as a King.

He needs a female companion. You can imagine him being secretly gay all you want. Sex shouldn't be a large part of wow anyway. Royal marriages are made to strengthen or form alliances
    And most importantly making sure the throne stays in the family by siring an offspring.

Because Wrathion is like four years old.

And also a dragon, but mainly because he's FOUR YEARS OLD.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew anime fangirls in High School.

They have soured my love for this "yaoi" concept.

What? I'm being honest!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's obvious homophobia here.

There's also people saying that it'd just be cringy because "lol Blizz writing romance".

As a bisexual who ships these two... i don't wanna see it happen in game. Wrathion isn't even double digits yet for crying out loud! I admit, it is cringy, but a part of me does enjoy it for the puppy love concept. ...But it would be WoD levels of bad writing to force the two together in-game.

However, I do agree that mot of the prominent females are too old. Except for one.

It'd be a bit... crazy, and I might be biased because... well look at me, but I think Queen Li Li Wrynn could be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post
    There's obvious homophobia here.

There's also people saying that it'd just be cringy because "lol Blizz writing romance".

As a bisexual who ships these two... i don't wanna see it happen in game. Wrathion isn't even double digits yet for crying out loud! I admit, it is cringy, but a part of me does enjoy it for the puppy love concept. ...But it would be WoD levels of bad writing to force the two together in-game.

However, I do agree that mot of the prominent females are too old. Except for one.

It'd be a bit... crazy, and I might be biased because... well look at me, but I think Queen Li Li Wrynn could be a thing.

Because putting a gay character in such a position would require a world, where we are genuinely fine with it. The one we got right now is in the middle of a transition phase, making any LGBTQ spotlight pandering instead of something we can accept without thinking. Whether pandering is good or bad depends on the person looking at it. Some believe it's needed in order to push the transition further, others think transition happens naturally with generational shift and therefore pandering is pointless and possibly annoying. Blizzard can make a stand for the case if they represent the former type, but generally the smartest thing for a company is to ruffle as few feathers as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    We know, that doesn't take out the possibility though, also people like ships...
    I agree it would be interesting (I kind of want the Anduin Wrathion thing, cause i want Stormwing to become a nation commanded (with public knowledge) by a black dragon