Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    There have been logs throughout beta and in pre-patch for HFC.
    There haven't been ranked logs, which is what you were speaking about originally. That's beside the point though - I meant that there is much less of a performance differential in playing a blood DK well in Legion than in MoP or WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel
    And everyone makes mistakes when playing, even the best players - that's what human error is, the point of being good is minimizing those mistakes down to the lowest level possible.
    Of course. But that's not the contention here, we're arguing whether or not AoEing as Blood has any nuances. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Untameable View Post
    Rarely post on forums, remember why now,people who are completely wrong but no point in debating. Posted the thread expecting some of the people from the BDK discussion thread by troxism who actually understand the glaring issues with bdk at the moment would give similar feedback or disagree.They aren't here.Anyway,not worth the effort explaining to all of you on why you are wrong (except for akathedude).Have fun in mythic dungeons!
    This post sums it up.

If you're completely unwilling to accept the advise/opinions of others or are convinced of your own superiority how do you expect to improve on a spec that was just overhauled? I've been tanking on my Death Knight since WotLK, played with some of the best people in the world, and i still have things to learn.

You didn't post any data backing up your assumptions, just how it "felt", and when others challenged you on that your response was denial citing the fact "Blood is not viable in Mythic raids". Troxism and the other bleeding edge players will play whatever spec is most advantageous, not what is viable. If this is you, why did you level and waste time gearing a character you knew to be deficient in any way?
    Last edited by Felstone; 2016-09-18 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Of course. But that's not the contention here, we're arguing whether or not AoEing as Blood has any nuances. It doesn't.
    I never claimed it was nuanced, just that there is a big difference between the best players and the average ones.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

I am sorry but isnt blood about tankig and not doing dmg?
    I would say we are really hard to kill right now.
    When someone like me, who isnt mainspecing blood? can go for myths with an lvl 12 weapon and tank just fine.
    Isnt that the main prior of the spec?
    I thought uh and frost were for doing dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Untameable View Post
    Rarely post on forums, remember why now,people who are completely wrong but no point in debating. Posted the thread expecting some of the people from the BDK discussion thread by troxism who actually understand the glaring issues with bdk at the moment would give similar feedback or disagree.They aren't here.Anyway,not worth the effort explaining to all of you on why you are wrong (except for akathedude).Have fun in mythic dungeons!
    If you only wanted to hear your opinion back, why did you make a post? This is a community and others have the right to voice their opinion(s). What makes you right over everyone else?
    Last edited by Sflame; 2016-09-13 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Grass is always greener on the other side apparently.
    Human nature to complain tho amirite?

OT: I'm by no means where I want to be gear-wise for the upcoming raids, but I do feel like my damage is right where it should be for single target.... and laughably high for multi-target.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Felstone View Post
    This post sums it up.

If you're completely unwilling to accept the advise/opinions of others or are convinced of your own superiority how do you expect to improve on a spec that was just overhauled? I've been tanking on my Death Knight since WotLK, played with some of the best people in the world, and i still have things to learn.

You didn't post any data backing up your assumptions, just how it "felt", and when others challenged you on that your response was denial citing the fact "Blood is not viable in Mythic raids". Troxism and the other bleeding edge players will play whatever spec is most advantageous, not what is viable. If this is you, why did you level and waste time gearing a character you knew to be deficient in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    If you only wanted to hear your opinion back, why did you make a post? This is a community and others have the right to voice their opinion(s). What makes you right over everyone else?
    Rarely post from an account created this month. Obvious bait is obvious.

All over the forums, in every class sub, you see Cassandras running around. You can't take what 1% does and say nothing else is viable. The cutting edge guilds always use the best of the best and cheese if they have to. Perfect example I can think of is the 0-light Yogg. Everyone bought Warlocks in because you could abuse the madness gaze mechanic by turning around.

Everything is viable, but maybe not the best. Blood will be fine or it'll be buffed. The 1%'s wouldn't be posting on this forum anymore as they quit or rerolled to the "best tank."
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Rarely post from an account created this month. Obvious bait is obvious..
    The Internet Detective Agency told me it's this guy, and this is his alt.

Hes not 850 ilvl, he doesn't have a paladin that's 110, hes just the shitty alt of someone with an ego that doesn't match his skill. I guess he figured he could insult his way to victory and when things didn't work out he took his ball and went home.

Hes not 850 ilvl, he doesn't have a paladin that's 110, hes just the shitty alt of someone with an ego that doesn't match his skill. I guess he figured he could insult his way to victory and when things didn't work out he took his ball and went home.
    That's most of the people on the Internet. They read what one person writes, in Blood DKs case Troxism, and repeat it as gospel. Not to say that concerns raised by people willing to do the math and test should be ignored, but we shouldn't become sheep. Trust but verify...

Anyways, I love my DK so much that even though I'm leveling my DH and find the mobility absurd (2 leaps and a charge that can refresh... insane!), I still find myself wishing I did more AoE DPS like my DK. It's almost to the point where I don't want to pull the zone like I could on my DK because it'll take longer (it's all relative, it's not that much longer).

I will say that DH's purgatory is way better than DKs (IMO).
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account

lol makes sense now

doesn't even have 3rd wep slot on armory
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

His druid is showing up as ilvl 856 and DK as ilvl 835 for me.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    I am sorry but isnt blood about tankig and not doing dmg?
    I would say we are really hard to kill right now.
    When someone like me, who isnt mainspecing blood? can go for myths with an lvl 12 weapon and tank just fine.
    Isnt that the main prior of the spec?
    I thought uh and frost were for doing dmg
    I know right? Back in my day you had to cap your defense dodge parry etc. Stack stamina in sockets and keep aggro on mobs/bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know what you are talking about. I feel like a demigod in Legion as Blood DK to be honest. If you want high ST dmg you shouldn't play Tank. Bombing is just so much fun and the dmg is almost absurd, while almost nothing in the open World can kill me. You even faceroll every 1on1 when someone attacks you while fighting Mobs. So why should you care about ST dmg??

10+ Year Old Account
    Before DPS got more geared in randoms, I was regularly beating most of the group single target. Now I am getting infrequent competition for overall damage done. I'm sure it will change once the raiders leave LFD and alts start to crop up.

This level of damage seems silly TBH. I'm supposed to kill Heroic Avatar of Sargeras in T21 and use the loot off him to steamroll shit like I did in WotLK on an ICC25N/H ArP Prot warrior, not chainpull and wreck shit from the word "Gogogogogo."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowdaesh View Post
    His druid is showing up as ilvl 856 and DK as ilvl 835 for me.
    The point i was trying to make was from his very first post he was disingenuous about the character development of the class in question, and appeared above reproach when asked anything of substance.

I tank on my Dk (16 Ap 870ish Maw - 845 overall) and I feel pretty strong with a few exceptions here or there. I have noticed that running mythics with a holy pally felt super rough, granted he was in the mid 820s but I could barely double pull in HoV.

I solo'd the first boss in heroic MoS down to 72% quite comfortably but then the delivery guy showed up. By the time we get a few raid pieces I can easily see a lot of these bosses being soloable.

DK mobility still sucks, but it seems like most abilities you need to move from allow ample time at the base movespeed (giant circles on Odyn for example). Less opportunity to fall asleep and make it out ok, but I guess AMS can also be used as a lazy button. Random heroics (15% damage buff) and I can pull 170k with dps trinkets on for single target fights.
    Last edited by Dahti; 2016-09-14 at 08:22 PM.

Leave tame alone!

Yeah I dunno, my dps and hps seem fine. In normal dungeons I'm usually out healing the healer and out dpsing most dps on mob pulls, usually about 3rd on boss fights but that is to be expected. I don't even use bonestorm. If it is as good as you guys say I may be giving it a shot!