Deleted
    Monks also have multiple spells that actually are free of mana. Just look how much chi burst heals for. Considering the strengh of that spell it would probly cost closer to 8 or 9% mana.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-09-13 at 04:09 PM.

Quick question on the Trinkets, i have alchemy as one of my professions and was wondering if the alchemy trinket upgraded to 850 status was good for Raid? 933 vers i think and a 4k or so intellect proc at least once per min.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    your item level may be the reason why LUL
    I believe so. I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

We are now one week out from heroic: I just wanted some pre-raid thoughts on talents people will be using. I have no legendaries yet. I think I am planning on rolling lifecycles, chi-ji and mana tea until I am more comfortable with mana and fights, then may move to RT. Anyone else? On stack fights take RJW?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzleraffle View Post
    Quick question on the Trinkets, i have alchemy as one of my professions and was wondering if the alchemy trinket upgraded to 850 status was good for Raid? 933 vers i think and a 4k or so intellect proc at least once per min.
    it's likely bis until mythic+ trinkets/mythic EN trinkets become available. if you have the money spare to upgrade, doing so is a great idea imo

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    We are now one week out from heroic: I just wanted some pre-raid thoughts on talents people will be using. I have no legendaries yet. I think I am planning on rolling lifecycles, chi-ji and mana tea until I am more comfortable with mana and fights, then may move to RT. Anyone else? On stack fights take RJW?
    personally: http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#C2Zq

right now i don't think there's ever a reason to not use chi-ji she (he?) is so good and is flat out better than the other 2 talents

Thank you! that and horn from HOV will be what i'm going to run for raids, but i was looking at the mythic reflecting trinket from Vault and was not 100% sure which would be better if that and alchemy trinket or horn and alchemy trinket

if im not mistaken vers is a safer, therefore better, value than crit? (Since its not relying on RNG gods)

if thats the case then the vers trinkets from hov > crit from vault

then again maybe the proc from the crit trinket is op, couldnt get my hand on it so idk

Deleted
    Verse affects more healing the crit and you start of with 0 verse unlike crit wich has a base amount.

The Pulse trinket, [Concave Reflecting Lens] feels kinda weak from what I have tested.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-09-13 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Verse affects more healing the crit and you start of with 0 verse unlike crit wich has a base amount.

The Pulse trinket, [Concave Reflecting Lens] feels kinda weak from what I have tested.
    concave got nerfed the same day promises got buffed, just undocumented at this point.

i personally think crit > versa for hps, but versa has the added bonus of giving dmg reduction which is a stronger choice simply because we lack dmg reduction cds for large portions of a fight.

Deleted

right now i don't think there's ever a reason to not use chi-ji she (he?) is so good and is flat out better than the other 2 talents
    I think i will disagree on this, Chi-ji i strong, no doubt, but on a steady dmg fight, or a fight that has large aoe dmg less than 3min apart, RJW + EF is too strong for Chi-ji to compete. Unless you have to spread in like all 4 world corners.
    I think you need to keep in mind that having an extra healing spell that actually heals a lot and buffs one of your other spells, with no CD, can be VERY effective.
    But again, if you are not a top 50 guild, either choice might do just as fine, all depends on your own playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarimonk View Post
    I think i will disagree on this, Chi-ji i strong, no doubt, but on a steady dmg fight, or a fight that has large aoe dmg less than 3min apart, RJW + EF is too strong for Chi-ji to compete. Unless you have to spread in like all 4 world corners.
    I think you need to keep in mind that having an extra healing spell that actually heals a lot and buffs one of your other spells, with no CD, can be VERY effective.
    But again, if you are not a top 50 guild, either choice might do just as fine, all depends on your own playstyle.
    RJW + EF costs too much mana to be an actual thing unless you can be fed innervates.

i dislike comparing talents w/ secondary factors like innervate because otherwise you could say "play mistwrap, you don't need mana ever." "play focused thunder, you never need mana tea's mana regen" ...

Deleted
    If RJW + EF costs to much mana then EF + vivify costs to much mana as well.

RJW isnt expensive for the heal it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea its HPM is decent.

Doesn't it need to hit 18 people to not overlap the HoT in order for it to actually be as good as people claim it is?
    Last edited by Rife; 2016-09-13 at 07:49 PM.

Deleted
    so is stat prio - cirt>versa oder versa>crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Yea its HPM is decent.

Doesn't it need to hit 18 people to not overlap the HoT in order for it to actually be as good as people claim it is?
    It just need to hit 4 to be mana effective. On low targets its still heals for 366% sp compared to vivify's 270% and Effuses 200%.

Deleted
    RJW + EF costs too much mana to be an actual thing unless you can be fed innervates.

i dislike comparing talents w/ secondary factors like innervate because otherwise you could say "play mistwrap, you don't need mana ever." "play focused thunder, you never need mana tea's mana regen" ...
    Well, what kind of healing will you do, when the raid is taking shittons of dmg, and your crane and revival are on cooldown?
    I'm pretty sure you are going to dish out some very high cost mana spells that does less healing than RJW+EF.
    Sometimes you have to look at the world like the cruel place it is, where situations aren't perfect and where you might actually oom, because else people will die if you don't spam your heals.

Deleted
    Yea its HPM is decent.

EF is hard to toy around with on paper because there is so much scenario that can happen when you're not at 18 targets... When you are below 18 there is chance to lose some of hot's value due to overlapping but it all depends on the order of target. Yet hot value is not the main of the healing and you still get some value out of it even at low targets.

It's "ok" to use EF at 5 targets but below 5 never think about it

It just need to hit 4 to be mana effective. On low targets its still heals for 366% sp compared to vivify's 270% and Effuses 200%.
    No it doesnt, at 4 target EF is bad. Dunno how you find it "mana effective" when it does 20% less healing than a vivify (without mastery) for the same amount of mana.

Btw don't forget to add mastery to Vivify, effuse and rem when you math out things, as it adds a lot of value to them. And when you compare EF to other spells don't forget to cut the result by two because EF cost two gcd, so by the time you do 366%SP to a target with EF you would have done two vivify or two EF
    Last edited by mmoc386f8cbcd4; 2016-09-13 at 09:57 PM.

Yea its HPM is decent.

Short answer, yes.

I wouldn't be using EF in dungeons. Stick with Vivify as it has higher HpS and HpM at such a low target count.

Deleted
    At 5 targets EF Can be approximated to 960% SP per gcd and vivify is 825%, you only need 140% mastery to make vivify have better HPS.

BUT, vivify cost 4.5% mana when EF is 4% per gcd. thus considering an average mastery of 200/250 they both have same HPM

NOW, you add the fact that EF allows you to double dip mastery for at least the 4 next gcd.

So EF is worth casting at 5 damaged targets, and is definetely worth casting at 6 where it really outclasses vivify. Dont wait to get 18 targets to use EF that's a huge mistake.

saying 4% per gcd is being disingenuous.

EF costs 8% mana.

"but it takes 3 seconds to channel!!"

so fucking what if you have 7% mana you can't fucking cast the spell