Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as acceptable ads.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just in this thread alone I have 36 ads blocked, so yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Remember that ads are often the reason why particular websites are free and do not require subscription. So I guess you can thank all those people without add-block for having MMO-Champ free.
    And as I've said before, when ads are non-intrusive (no popups, no video/audio, no laggy animations, no obnoxious bright flashing colors, no false "download now!" or "Close" buttons, etc) and don't contain malware/spyware/etc, then I'll consider getting rid of my adblocker.

Until then . . . it stays. Until advertising starts being honest, it stays. And I expect that I'll see the heat death of the universe before that.

MMO-C itself has had too many ads that violate their own rules and have malware, for me to risk whitelisting them. Sorry, you had your chance and blew it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Remember that ads are often the reason why particular websites are free and do not require subscription. So I guess you can thank all those people without add-block for having MMO-Champ free.
    And remember that MMO-Champ has been used in the past to spread WoW account stealing malware via ads. So... yeah.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I remember before I installed Ad-Block on the computer I'm using now there were ads all over the place. So much that it kept making Chrome crash every 5-15 min. After a while it started playing these little videos at the bottom of the page and everytime they would play the video it would automatically scroll the page down to it and everytime I tried to scroll back up it went right back down again and it just kept fighting me to keep me from scrolling up. Don't know if anyone else had this problem but it was SUPER ANNOYING. Since this is a work computer I kinda didn't want to be fooling around with it too much by downloading programs but it got to a point where it was just getting too ridiculous. Installed ad-block never crashed again since.

I understand some sites rely on ads to make money, I do, but if those ads are going to cause shit like crashing and malware viruses you better believe I'm installing Ad-Block and I am not allowing any sort of ads to be viewed no matter how much the site wants me to.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    ABP has been "dead in the water" for while now, uBlock Origin does everything and faster.
    On reading this I thought I'd give it a try and get rid of AdBlockPlus. At the moment it does seem to be doing a rather good job and sites like hearthpwn are loading pages significantly faster.

I honestly believe that websites with malicious ads should be held fiscally responsible for any damage they cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Had to use Adblock. Both MMO champion and wowhead have had malicious ads on them, although I've had more problems with irritating ads than malicious ads here, especially on my tablet and phone.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with a few ads? You can still see the content if you buy a huge screen and sit closely enough!

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    What's wrong with a few ads? You can still see the content if you buy a huge screen and sit closely enough!

Sometimes I wonder if Idiocracy was prophecy.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Idiocracy was prophecy.
    I can never decide if Idiocracy was prophecy, or reality - and we're just all too stupid to see the world for how dumb it really is.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter